Day 1 of Summer Workouts complete Video | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Day 1 of Summer Workouts complete Video

Reaction Score
I guess Dan Hurley will not concentrate a lot on recruiting any bigs because Carlton is guaranteed the 5 in his last two years?
And if you were Carlton not starting wouldn't bother you?
Interesting, we'll see

Not at all what I'm saying. I don't see any big man we are recruiting for 2019 starting over Carlton as a freshman. And no, if Cobb keeps looking as good as he does in those workout videos I do not think it will bother Carlton. Guys need to buy into Hurley and understand that whoever starts is whoever Hurley thinks gives us the best start to games.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Mr Magic Cobb needs to learn his role on offense too.

Rebound and throw an outlet pass instead of dribbling up court himself. As well as posting up, rebounding weak side instead of floating on the perimeter. Also a pretty nice passer so working the inside out game with Eric is possible. Agree

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Mr Magic Cobb needs to learn his role on offense too.

Rebound and throw an outlet pass instead of dribbling up court himself. As well as posting up, rebounding weak side instead of floating on the perimeter. Also a pretty nice passer so working the inside out game with Eric is possible. Agree

In the vid, we see Cobb throwing down a nice dunk and hitting a silky smooth J from 3.

If Hurley is the great coach that we all hope (know?) he is, you'd think he would have already laid down the gauntlet about players not doing things in practice that they shouldn't be doing in games.

So, it seems that Hurley may expect him to play a Inside-out role. I'm fine with that as long as it's under control and within the flow of a structured offensive set.

Reaction Score
BTW I don't think anyone's commented yet on KW putting a nice move on IW for the jam. They all look like they're going at it hard.

Exciting times!

Reaction Score
In the vid, we see Cobb throwing down a nice dunk and hitting a silky smooth J from 3.

If Hurley is the great coach that we all hope (know?) he is, you'd think he would have already laid down the gauntlet about players not doing things in practice that they shouldn't be doing in games.

So, it seems that Hurley may expect him to play a Inside-out role. I'm fine with that as long as it's under control and within the flow of a structured offensive set.

Yeah agree. Like Berry at URI who stepped out occasionally but knew his role, Eric can be a key component with some focus. You have to assume the focus has begun just by looking at the change in his body right and that's a damn good thing.

C

Chief00

LOL - Quite frankly, I was referring to his desire to be the point guard at times. I don’t have a problem with Cobb taking outside shots in the flow of the game, I do object if he is taking a very quick shot because he made the last one or he just wants to shot.
Over-all I like Cobb and see an upside. I wish KO used him more last year. Basically, for Cobb it was a wasted year until Hurley kicked his butt in March.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
LOL - Quite frankly, I was referring to his desire to be the point guard at times. I don’t have a problem with Cobb taking outside shots in the flow of the game, I do object if he is taking a very quick shot because he made the last one or he just wants to shot.
Over-all I like Cobb and see an upside. I wish KO used him more last year. Basically, for Cobb it was s wasted year until Hurley kicked his butt in March.

Right. Quite frankly, we definitely agree that we shouldn't be seeing "Cobb the PG" and "Cobb with the heat-check 3" during games this year; if we do, I'd expect/hope to see it followed immediately by a "Hurley hook"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BTW I don't think anyone's commented yet on KW putting a nice move on IW for the jam. They all look like they're going at it hard.

Exciting times!
I saw the "oh crap" jersey grab as well. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom