David Onuorah commits to uconn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

David Onuorah commits to uconn

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Now that we have David, I desperately want us to sign Davide.

Remember what happened the last time we had a European and a grad transfer on the same team?

giffey-kromah.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What "they need" is a good high-major front court player who can play 28 minutes and actually make the opposing coach have to think about dealing with him on both ends of the court.

That's what they need. But that's not what they got.

This kid is a bloop single on a good day. He'll fit in with the bunt single and the 'reached on an error' they'd previously signed this spring.

We needed bodies we got bodies. Would we all have liked even a 3.5 star big? Sure. But I like this pickup. A space eater who maybe was coached well, if shonn Miller is any indicator ( and no I'm not comparing him to Miller's inherent athletic gifts , just maybe having some veteran headiness) also I'm of the opinion that with Gilbert Adams and larrier that opposing coaches will have enough to worry about. I kinda like the idea that 5 players don't all have a ball Jones/need, 3 studs will do the trick just fine if it is rounded out with smart, hard workers.

I'm optimistic on the floor next year ( the off court recruiting/transfer mess is another story) but if Ollie can coach the floor like I'm hoping and we have better chemistry Im ok.

You may discount all this though. I picked Purvis as AAC player of the year last summer.

Reaction Score
What "they need" is a good high-major front court player who can play 28 minutes and actually make the opposing coach have to think about dealing with him on both ends of the court.

This kid is a bloop single on a good day. He'll fit in with the bunt single and the 'reached on an error' they'd previously signed this spring.
We missed on everyone and needed some bodies. I don't see Whaley contributing at all his first season but this kid can fill a role and be gone after one season making room for hopefully a higher level big. I think we will get Moretti and then all of a sudden we have a full roster that can play each other in full scrimmages and can fill a D1 roster. There is a little too much flotsam for my liking but the hope is a couple of them can actually play (rebound, set screens, dunk the ball) to fill in around the core.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately his pedigree looks to be someone who will send Gary Clark to the ft line quite a bit.

Reaction Score
Finally got some inventory up front that needs some polish - now for the big boy coach.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Unfortunately his pedigree looks to be someone who will send Gary Clark to the ft line quite a bit.

Maybe, but unlike our previous bigs, he's also somebody who'll make Gary Clark think twice about taking it to the tin next time.

Reaction Score
Gary Clark has eaten every big we've had the past three years for lunch. Brimah, Miller, Facey, Nolan, Hamilton, Enoch. Dude is one of the best players in our league and seems to save his best games for us.

I don't see that changing next year. At least we have some options though!

Reaction Score
We know that Spring is a entirely difficult time to grab solid players for the Fall of the next year. The damage of 4 not showing on our roster ... was never gonna be band aid'd with what was available. Maybe just Lotrimin for the fungus.

There simply wasn't much opportunity to get what we needed.

We will miss watching Durham and/or Enoch might develop. But Cobb, Whaley and Onuorah might actually be better for us positionally.

This coming season is on our perimeter players improving.

Reaction Score
I'm lovin our big Bigs!

Welcome!

Haha, don't let the naysayers squash your optimism. We have 4 possibly NBA players in JA AG TL CV. Add our collection of bigs with Cobb, Carlton, Polley, Wailey, Onurah, Diarra, we have depth and two scholarships. If we can get Davide and one really good big that's better than the bigs we already have, it could be a recipe to have a shot in our drive45! I'm not going to apologize for joining you in really liking what's coming together. Slow and steady, not much fanfare, but if KO K Free Ricky and the rest can develop a serious us against the World, WE ARE UCONN mentality and chemistry why not us? Davide and a big and then let Chill do what he is getting paid to do. The jury is out until we see his 2018 BODIES of work ha! LETS GO HUSKIES!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
In her defense (which I am not quick to take up), it was slightly more logical than that. She was actually aware that not all the suicides were attributable to Cornell; but she believed they were attributable to a higher percentage of depression in the general area, which she, in turn, attributed to a higher incidence of Seasonal Affective Disorder caused by lack of enough exposure to sunlight. Since she was already dealing with a bit of SAD herself, she was reluctant to make it worse by putting herself in an area that appeared likely to increase it.

Overall, based on that and a few other things, I think she made the right call for her, but I'm glad we went to look at it (especially since my ulterior motive was to get my middle daughter interested in college, period, and it accomplished that).

Wow! Can't believe your girls are that that big already

Reaction Score
I really think our front court is in good hands with the new S&C coach. Excited to see the "before and after". I think it's going to be most noticeable with Josh Carlton.

Reaction Score

Think we all know what they need and we also have an idea of what they could get. The timing along with the situation they are in makes this potentially much better than a bloop single if we are going to talk in baseball terms. I mean there's a bloop single in which you are jammed, break your bat and it finds a spot between everyone but there's also a great AB where you foul off 2 pitches with 2 strikes on you then get fooled on a curve ball but flip the bat on the outside corner and serve one over the first basemans head for a bloop single well earned, good AB. He starts out at the latter and anything more he brings he advances.

You started it with the baseball analogy here it is. He's never going to be a bunt single just by bringing an experienced body and a good guy he's surpassed that.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We needed bodies we got bodies. Would we all have liked even a 3.5 star big? Sure. But I like this pickup. A space eater who maybe was coached well, if shonn Miller is any indicator ( and no I'm not comparing him to Miller's inherent athletic gifts , just maybe having some veteran headiness) also I'm of the opinion that with Gilbert Adams and larrier that opposing coaches will have enough to worry about. I kinda like the idea that 5 players don't all have a ball Jones/need, 3 studs will do the trick just fine if it is rounded out with smart, hard workers.

I'm optimistic on the floor next year ( the off court recruiting/transfer mess is another story) but if Ollie can coach the floor like I'm hoping and we have better chemistry Im ok.

You may discount all this though. I picked Purvis as AAC player of the year last summer.
10 Toes in players make coaches look great!

Reaction Score
I think Clark is more likely to make him foul out before this happens.

Fouling out doesn't matter. Bodies matter.

Cobb, Carlton, Onuorah = 15 fouls
Diarra provides another 5 fouls at the 4 position.

Reaction Score
I think Clark is more likely to make him foul out before this happens.
I used to hate Pitt & 'Cuse with a passion and to use a Calhounism, QUITE FRANKLY I STILL HATE THEM! But I have found that the delusional quick exit Cincinnati fans & their Team as well as the leprechaun, have brought out the intense hatred that is a part of being all in for UCONN. If you don't see red when those bums that have NOTHING to hang their dumb dumb hats on come into our house then you don't get it. Those creeps have been putting Gary Clarke on a pedestal and throwing his name at us as if he's Bill Russell. The fact is that we haven't shut him down, nor have we dominated those simpletons. Gary Clarke is good, but not elite. Our bigs have been lacking for years. Thabeet and Brimah are no Okafor. The Cincinnati fans are already chirping, they're good at that. Four rings doesn't silence their asses either. They are like the Monty Python character that gets all of his limbs cut off and proclaims them "mere flesh wounds." It's time for us to be 16-2, 17-1 in our conference. If our bigs are not on a collective mission to stop Cincinnati, Clarke and the leprechaun then we leave disgusted with our tails between our legs as usual. Again, QUITE FRANKLY, I'm SICK of that crap program that hasn't won being able to dawg our program. That brings me back to my previous post about the us against the World, or as KO says"WE AINT NO CINDERELLA, WE UCONN" mentality. David Onurah said he picked us over Georgetown because of the hunger in our players eyes. If that's happening in silent Storrs, then stay silent, I'll see them at#NOTMIDNIGHTMADNESS. Can I get an AMEN?? Go HUSKIES!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom