OT: - David Collins Flagrant 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: David Collins Flagrant 2

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
You just don’t get to claim this was an accident after that. Leading with your shoulder and then walking away without showing any concern for the guy. There is a 0% chance this was an a accident.
Agree 100%. When I've been in the situation where I knew I was going to hit someone, I would either wrap them up or side away to minimize risk of injury. This guy blew Moore Jr. up. That deserves suspension. If you can't control yourself to play the game right you don't deserve to play the game.

Reaction Score
You do have to hand out a suspension to set a precedent, by no means does this make Collins a bad kid, hopefully a learning experience.

A dirty play no doubt, obviously not thinking. That’s what your hoping that it becomes a long term learning experience for him with the upcoming suspension.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
No harm no foul. That was play-continuation in the 1980s big east.

Reaction Score
That's about as dirty as it gets on the basketball court. Hell, that's a 15-yard penalty in the NFL (defenseless receiver).

I think he'll be suspended for a few games but we'll see.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Remember when Rod Sellers became a folk hero for slamming Laettner’s head into the court?

Stuff happens. He didn’t try to kill anyone and he apologized on the court. He’s not going to be suspended for the rest of the season, much to the chagrin of our pearl clutchers. He’ll certainly get a game or two off and he deserves that, but that’s about the extent of it.
Totally different set of circumstances.
  1. It was Laettner.
  2. Laettner had previously stopped on Sellers chest.
  3. He didn’t slam his head to the ground. He just gave me a little taste of forearm. There was virtually no risk of serious injury from it.
  4. This kid look like he was a safety taking out a wide receiver mid air. There was significant risk of injury.
  5. It was Laettner.

Reaction Score
View attachment 73187
Never will I wish a bro a healthy season? Can anybody translate that for me. Is it like a backhanded comment?
Never have been a dirty player, never will. Clemson is a couple (dozen) rungs above USF academically, so here’s hoping the kid can pick up basic punctuation before graduating. Unfortunately, signs point to “No”…

Reaction Score
The ACC or the school has to take care of this so players on other teams don't take matters into their own hands. A lot of geezers are nostalgic for the 80's Pistons or the late 80's, early 90's Big East. Actually, the basketball was often terrible and barely and there were a lot of fights. The NCAA cracked down hard on the rugby-ball, and the game is a lot better as a result.

It’s 2022. No one’s taking matters into their own hands.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Totally different set of circumstances.
  1. It was Laettner.
  2. Laettner had previously stopped on Sellers chest.
  3. He didn’t slam his head to the ground. He just gave me a little taste of forearm. There was virtually no risk of serious injury from it.
  4. This kid look like he was a safety taking out a wide receiver mid air. There was significant risk of injury.
  5. It was Laettner.

Bob Saget's family disagrees.

Reaction Score
Bob Saget's family disagrees.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
CL82 is Christian Laettner confirmed?
Ha ha, if I am I’m surprisingly magnanimous about that incident. Actually, now that I think about it I’ve actually heard Laettner talk about it and he is surprisingly magnanimous.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Let's eat grandma" vs. "Let's eat, grandma."
#commasmatter
Yeah, I tried a bunch of different punctuation in there, but I just couldn’t figure that one out. It’s always obvious after you see it though, right?

Reaction Score
And he lowered his shoulder. Seriously, I wish our football secondary hit that hard.
I can't say I've seen too many fouls like that. In any era or any level of basketball.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Those USF teams were brutes and the style of play was very concerning. It wasn’t quite basketball.

Reaction Score
In this day and age, it probably would have been a flag in the NFL for hitting a defenseless receiver.

For those comparing it to Sellers/Laettner, there was no chance of CL never walking again after the Sellers forearm. But it is the NCAA, and they will probably wait until the tragic day that a guy is put into a wheelchair or worse. I understand this type of play is very uncommon, but sooner or later a guy is going to come down wrong and some people will change their tune. I hope it's never in my lifetime, but guys take nasty falls even on clean plays at times or simply lose their grips on the rim.

It was weird because when I watched it, I thought of Carson Palmer talking about the NFL and how the day is coming when we are going to see an on field death in the NFL because of the way players are getting bigger, faster, and stronger.

Reaction Score
Horrible play, but that being said I have seen many extremely dirty plays from Duke players over the years. Should be punished but don't want to hear it from Duke fans who defended Grayson Allen for 4 years

Reaction Score
Horrible play, but that being said I have seen many extremely dirty plays from Duke players over the years. Should be punished but don't want to hear it from Duke fans who defended Grayson Allen for 4 years
Grayson Allen and no other Duke player has ever done anything close to that in all my years of watching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom