Dave Telep's College Freshman All Americans | The Boneyard

Dave Telep's College Freshman All Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Telep's Freshman All-American Team

PG: Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
The Cowboys are making him the point guard. Reality is, this is his team and was from the moment this exceptional leader stepped onto campus.

SG: Omar Calhoun, UConn
The Huskies need buckets. As a high school star, Calhoun’s specialty was scoring, and he’s a better shooter than he’s given credit for.

SF: Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA
The Bruins' rise is predicated on him. He came to UCLA to help reinvigorate the program, and if he gains eligibility he could lead the Pac-12 in scoring.

PF: Grant Jerrett, Arizona
It’s a marathon, not a sprint -- but now it’s time for Jarrett to rise quickly. Arizona’s best all-around frontcourt player looks like the boy next door and plays with winner’s edge.

C: Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
No, he’s not Anthony Davis, nor does he need to be. By January, the full effect of this defensive impact player will be felt.

Sixth Man: Gary Harris, Michigan State
He’s a two-way player right off the bat for Tom Izzo. Early talk is that he’s going to bite off a big piece of the offensive pie for the Spartans.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/dave-telep/

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Omar getting some high praise early. Seems to be very deserving so far. It also seems that the team has much better chemistry this year. Hope that continues and that we have a respectable showing vs. MSU...

Reaction Score
surprised he got the nod over Archie Goodwin, let's hope OC lives up to the hype

Reaction Score
This is big time praise. I'm still really surprised Omar didn't make the McD's game, but I'm also happy because he has a chip on his shoulder (like the rest of the team).

Reaction Score
Based on that list (I know its one person) Omar is certainly in the running for BE Rookie of the Year!

Reaction Score
Based on that list (I know its one person) Omar is certainly in the running for BE Rookie of the Year! He would join a nice company of UConn players.

Reaction Score
Nice recognition for our youngster! I think we're going to love his "set shot".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom