2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

Reaction Score
Trilly put the Adams gif in a week ago lol.
Did he - didn’t see that. This one was 99%, now we wait to see what trickle down effect is. Did this past weekend with Mullins and Reibe, a weekend after Reibe did a weekend with Mullins at IU. It all feels good.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Some of our guys over the years had screwy rankings. Drummond was the second best recruit after Anthony Davis and Caron was top 10 on multiple recruiting services but the other ones didn't even bother ranking him.

Drummond reclassed last minute and some places never moved him into the class of 2011.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
It's coming & may shape up to be the best class ever, top to bottom.
I Hope Please GIF

Avalanche GIF

Reaction Score
Indiana fans on twitter are celebrating thinking that this takes us out of the Mullins race. Me thinks they're in for a rude awakening next month
I admit to feeling shaky about the ability to secure 2 top 20ish guards at the same position with similar profiles and 3 top quality players already on board who also justify minutes, but I take hope in recent comments by Mullin's dad as well as our past teams which have had 6 players that received time in the backcourt with some minutes at the 3.

Newton, Jackson, Hawkins, Joey, Alleyne, Diarra = 6
Bouknight, Jalen Adams, Vital, Gilbert, Brendan Adams, = 5 and RJ Cole (possibly his red shirt year)

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm missing someone obvious, but who was the last player to commit to us in a live broadcast commitment show?

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm missing someone obvious, but who was the last player to commit to us in a live broadcast commitment show?

I believe Ahmad and Isaiah committed within two weeks of one another via livestream.

Reaction Score
Indiana fans on twitter are celebrating thinking that this takes us out of the Mullins race. Me thinks they're in for a rude awakening next month
Honestly don’t think it impacts much at all. Could actually help the cause if they like each other each other and see how their games compliment one another. Also if he sees that Adams is an intentional signing that aligns with a culture he wants to play in. Can see them together as the 2 and 3 without any issue. Their games are actually quite different.

Reaction Score
Isaiah Abraham did last year because Patrick Ngongba was in the background and everyone ran with it as making him a lock to also come here despite all the evidence saying otherwise
He'd have brought his boot too.

Reaction Score
but I take hope in recent comments by Mullin's dad as well as our past teams which have had 6 players that received time in the backcourt with some minutes at the 3. Newton, Jackson, Hawkins, Joey, Alleyne, Diarra = 6
it would be tight but everyone could average 20mpg give or take

PG- Aidan / Nowell
SG- Ball / Adams
W- Ross / Mullins

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Awesome recruit, congrats to staff for working hard and bringing him in. Darius has a ton of potential, and with more strength, size, and conditioning, plus growing into his body, he will be even better. He is a natural scorer, Hurley and staff will do a nice job of developing him.
Wow - do you know something? the rest of us are waiting until 5pm tonight;):cool::p

Reaction Score
it would be tight but everyone could average 20mpg give or take

PG- Aidan / Nowell
SG- Ball / Adams
W- Ross / Mullins

This wouldn't fly. Someone would be sitting to push the starters to 30mpg or so. This game doesn't give out participation points.

Reaction Score
If we pull in the two Gs we must be expecting to grab either Reibe or Bundalo. I believe that Guard play is what wins on the road, in the tournament, and looking at UCONN history it backs it up. Our best teams have had 3 guards plus a solid bench guy. The teams that have lost (05-06 and 08-09) were missing that one guard piece (Price in 05, Dyson in 08).

2025 1-3 rotation would be:
Nowell-Mahaney-Adams-Mullins
Ball can play 1-3
Then some big men that can play both in the paint (Reed, Abraham) and stretch outside (Stewart, Reibe)

Let us get this signing period over so I can focus on the 2024 team's chance at histor3#

Reaction Score
This wouldn't fly. Someone would be sitting to push the starters to 30mpg or so. This game doesn't give out participation points.
it's a big year for ross yet PT is still going to be hard to come by

Reaction Score

Yup, until I see otherwise, Hurley has never really gone more than 9 deep. Some people in their "prognostications" have us having line changes of everyone playing 15-25mpg. It's not going to happen for a variety of reasons. It's like when people inevitably predict scoring averages and it ends up that we're scoring 118ppg.

Regardless of how much talent you have, some people just are not going to play and you hope that they'll see the process and stick it out. But we're going to continue to recruit players at the expense of who may already be here. You let the chips fall as they will.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom