2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

awy

Reaction Score
in the old adams thread i said he should hurry if he wants a spot. :D

that said in a perfect world he's probably a second choice.

Reaction Score
Adams is the guy out of the 6 recruits we're really after that I have no feel for. No idea how he plays or if I want him, which is a strange thing to say about a 5* recruit

Reaction Score
If Adams & Mullins are mutually exclusive and the staff feels they can land Mullins, I am more 'all in' on Mullins. Adam's Peach Jam performance was so abysmal statistically and visually watching him, that I have a hard time understanding his rankings. We are recruiting him as a shooter I assume, and he was 5-28 from 3 = an awful 17.9%. Any good shooter can go into a cold streak, but he was 11-24 from the foul line = only 45.8%. Those stats together really dampen my enthusiasm as a 5* impact player to trust when the lights go on in the biggest games. Add to that, he only got 16 rebounds in 138 minutes which was real unimpressive in comparison to all the other taller guards we were watching. (Burries got 60 RB 41.7% from 3, 76.9% FT), (Thomas 28 RB, 35.7% from 3, and 76.5% FT in 146min) Mullins rose to the occasion in his bigger games. I'm sure Adams has had great outings to be ranked as high as he is, and maybe he was playing through some type of injury, but ...

awy

Reaction Score
the glass half empty view is that he's not there yet physically and got bullied by bigger and stronger players at peach jam. the upside is that he will probably stay for multiple years. the shooting numbers at peach jam do stand out though, so much so that I wonder if there's some mitigating factors like injury or illness throwing him off.

fit wise if he can actually shoot it'd be amazing and it's easy to see why the staff like him. very good off ball movement and a lot of crafty shot creation to exploit defense lapses. the shot looks good but the numbers have been inconsistent.

Reaction Score
If Adams & Mullins are mutually exclusive and the staff feels they can land Mullins, I am more 'all in' on Mullins. Adam's Peach Jam performance was so abysmal statistically and visually watching him, that I have a hard time understanding his rankings. We are recruiting him as a shooter I assume, and he was 5-28 from 3 = an awful 17.9%. Any good shooter can go into a cold streak, but he was 11-24 from the foul line = only 45.8%. Those stats together really dampen my enthusiasm as a 5* impact player to trust when the lights go on in the biggest games. Add to that, he only got 16 rebounds in 138 minutes which was real unimpressive in comparison to all the other taller guards we were watching. (Burries got 60 RB 41.7% from 3, 76.9% FT), (Thomas 28 RB, 35.7% from 3, and 76.5% FT in 146min) Mullins rose to the occasion in his bigger games. I'm sure Adams has had great outings to be ranked as high as he is, and maybe he was playing through some type of injury, but ...
I also don't understand his ranking. He's incredibly skinny and not an explosive athlete so I assumed he must be an incredible shooter.

He looks to have a nice feel for the game but his ranking seems strange.

Reaction Score
I also don't understand his ranking. He's incredibly skinny and not an explosive athlete so I assumed he must be an incredible shooter.

He looks to have a nice feel for the game but his ranking seems strange.
He shot 41% from 3 in EYBL play this year so I think he is a shooter. Not quite on Mullins level as a shooter but definitely seems like it's a strength for him, despite the Peach Jam struggles

Reaction Score
To another posters point, very slight. He’s not high 1 physically ready as a freshmen, which may not be a bad thing for 2025-26. 6’4” 165. They list Mahaney at 6’3” 185, could not imagine 20lbs lighter and on the floor during BE play.

His recruitment has been weird - not a lot of buzz yet readily ranked in the 17-23 range. He did visits to schools like NC St, which isn’t exactly a 5 star factory. Not a lot of blue blood interest other than UConn. But a NJ kid, love how he sounds, so may be a nice developmental type.

Reality is that we should be pretty good at the 1-2 next year with Amad, Solo and Aidan as a 3 man rotation. The only spot where I can see the need for an instant contributor as a frosh is in Liam’s wake at the 3.

Him expressing his visit may be a mutual thing. Lewis now being courted by Duke/UK/UNC, Mullins possibly staying home/paid with IU and Thomas being an amigo of Pitt native Cal, no guarantees with those 3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He shot 41% from 3 in EYBL play this year so I think he is a shooter. Not quite on Mullins level as a shooter but definitely seems like it's a strength for him, despite the Peach Jam struggles

These are his stats from the HS season as well. Not the whole season but 12 games in that EYBL Scholastic league. So playing teams like Montverde, Paul VI, Oak Hill, Wasatch, etc.

15.1 PPG
5.1 RPG
1.5 APG

1.3 STL
0.7 BLK

46% 2FG (6.5 attempts)
41% 3FG (6.2 attempts)
56% FT (2.9 attempts)

Yeah, so the kid can definitely shoot. I have only watched one of his games, but what I see as the possible barriers to us prioritizing his recruitment is 1) size, 2) athleticism.

Reaction Score
The irony is that he is the highest rated out of all the guys we're really pushing for now (Thomas seems on the backburner a bit) but yet we never really talk about him. Just watched a highlight vid and the kid is a stud. Gorgeous stroke.

Reaction Score
These are his stats from the HS season as well. Not the whole season but 12 games in that EYBL Scholastic league. So playing teams like Montverde, Paul VI, Oak Hill, Wasatch, etc.

15.1 PPG
5.1 RPG
1.5 APG

1.3 STL
0.7 BLK

46% 2FG (6.5 attempts)
41% 3FG (6.2 attempts)
56% FT (2.9 attempts)

Yeah, so the kid can definitely shoot. I have only watched one of his games, but what I see as the possible barriers to us prioritizing his recruitment is 1) size, 2) athleticism.
I don't understand what's up with his free throw shooting lol. In every sample of stats I can find he's like 50-60% from the line.

Reaction Score
Reality is that we should be pretty good at the 1-2 next year with Amad, Solo and Aidan as a 3 man rotation. The only spot where I can see the need for an instant contributor as a frosh is in Liam’s wake at the 3.
we'd need instant contribution from a frosh at PF if stew goes pro but that's where bundalo comes in. otherwise if we land lewis/adams/bundalo then we are 2 deep at every position. ball would be in line to be our starting 3rd guard like he was last year when castle was out:

Nowell / Lewis
Mahaney / Adams
Ball / Ross
Bundalo / Abraham
Reed / Singare

my new wants in order are:
1) bundalo
2) lewis
3) adams

Last edited:
Reaction Score
we'd need instant contribution from a frosh at PF if stew goes pro but that's where bundalo comes in. otherwise if we land lewis/adams/bundalo then we are 2 deep at every position. ball would be in line to be our starting 3rd guard like he was last year when castle was out:

Nowell / Lewis
Mahaney / Adams
Ball / Ross
Bundalo / Abraham
Reed / Singare

my new wants in order are:
1) bundalo
2) lewis
3) adams

The rest of the post is fine, but in the portal era "we'd need an instant contribution from a frosh" is not a thing.

Recruit "your" recruits, and fill gaps around that skill/fit wise in portal.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m with @navery12 it’s the weirdest 5* recruitment ever - especially a high ranked 2. I can’t tell if I really like him or not, if it’s just a feel or based on real things…just weird.

But he’s obviously a good player. Danny wouldn’t be this deep into it if he didn’t fit everything we want, but he’s the strangest 5* case I’ve followed.

Reaction Score
The rest of the post is fine, but in the portal era "we'd need an instant contribution from a frosh" is not a thing.

Recruit "your" recruits, and fill gaps around that skill/fit wise in portal.
fair but it would def be a challenge to convince a starting worthy PF to commit after a 5* like bundalo. not to mention it would probably piss off bundalo as well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m with @navery12 it’s the weirdest 5* recruitment ever - especially a high ranked 2. I can’t tell if I really like him or not, if it’s just a feel or based on real things…just weird.

But he’s obviously a good player. Danny wouldn’t be this deep into it if he didn’t fit everything we want, but he’s the strangest 5* case I’ve followed.
It's cause he's really a 4 star talent, nothing wrong with that, but nothing here screams can't miss ability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom