Daniels tweet/statement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daniels tweet/statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Daniels will get at least as high as #16. I personally believe he'll be drafted ahead of Bazz who could come in as #18.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Durant can also score like only a handful of others in history.

Hopefully Daniels can find a role and proves to have the speed/athleticism to play SF.

I understand that about KD but the point is that if you're a good enough shooter you don't necessarily need to be strong. DD already shoots >40% from three. Maybe he can become even better.

Reaction Score
I understand that about KD but the point is that if you're a good enough shooter you don't necessarily need to be strong. DD already shoots >40% from three. Maybe he can become even better.

Durant became an elite NBA player because he got strong enough to finish/draw fouls. Besides that, Durant was a stick at 18, DD is at 22.

Reaction Score
Daniels should be fine, he is made for the nba. I am surprised people say Shabazz is not athletic. At my pickup games when I would bring up uconn people were like, Damn he is quick. First step is everything for a point guard, look at chris paul....

Reaction Score
Daniels should be fine, he is made for the nba. I am surprised people say Shabazz is not athletic. At my pickup games when I would bring up uconn people were like, Damn he is quick. First step is everything for a point guard, look at chris paul....

Bazz is good side to side and great with the bal (which allows him to get his shot off) but he definitely doesn't have the end to end speed of Kemba or Boat.

The other thing that's very worrisome is how exhausted Bazz was toward the end of most games even playing at a much slower pace than anything he'll be afforded in the NBA

Reaction Score
Bazz is good side to side and great with the bal (which allows him to get his shot off) but he definitely doesn't have the end to end speed of Kemba or Boat.

The other thing that's very worrisome is how exhausted Bazz was toward the end of most games even playing at a much slower pace than anything he'll be afforded in the NBA

Looking exhausted and still finding the same speed when needed are 2 different things…..while he definitely paced himself he was also all over the court at most times, working harder than many so tired is okay no matter what shape you're in. In the NBA for a while he will be a back up so going all out for 5-10 minutes at a time wil not be any problem.

Reaction Score
Looking exhausted and still finding the same speed when needed are 2 different things…..while he definitely paced himself he was also all over the court at most times, working harder than many so tired is okay no matter what shape you're in. In the NBA for a while he will be a back up so going all out for 5-10 minutes at a time wil not be any problem.

He really wasn't all over the court at the end of games. He'd either pause for 25 seconds or defer and not really be involved in the offense a lot coming down the stretch.

But that's why I agree with you, he's best served as a guy who can come off the bench and go full throttle for 5-6 minute stretches.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's pretty simple for me. He stayed when others left and then won an NC. I wish nothing but good on him. I hope he has a long and productive career and continues to represent UConn well.

This fits well with my casual pre-Tournament comment to my sister: "If he can get us a National Championship, I'd be more than OK with him leaving." Then he goes and holds me to my words. All I can say is, "Thank you."

Reaction Score
He really wasn't all over the court at the end of games. He'd either pause for 25 seconds or defer and not really be involved in the offense a lot coming down the stretch.

But that's why I agree with you, he's best served as a guy who can come off the bench and go full throttle for 5-6 minute stretches.

The only difference for him pausing, and I agree he did although not for "25 seconds" ever, is when he had to go get the ball he had to work through double teaming, around picks with defenders switching knowing where he was because they wanted to keep the ball out of his hands at all costs. He worked extra hard every time he wanted the ball back so he needed to "pause" or rest…….he won't have that problem moving forward because he'll be playing with other scorers and stars! But as you say he will be best served off the bench for a while in his career……..

Reaction Score

I think Shabazz will do pretty well even as a starter in the league. He just has a knack for making big shots and playing hard. I dont ever think he will be an allstar but a solid career is not out of the question. Though he doesnt have the quickness or speed of Kemba he does have better range and I think his point guard skills will improve when he doesnt have to be the first scoring option on a team.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Gotta say I don't remember this "Bazz exhausted" at ends of games thing in any negative way. I remember an incredible amount of game winning shots, big rebounds and assists. He also was playing 39 minutes a game. I saw him sweating and tired but I can't remember him not fighting through it.

Reaction Score
The only difference for him pausing, and I agree he did although not for "25 seconds" ever, is when he had to go get the ball he had to work through double teaming, around picks with defenders switching knowing where he was because they wanted to keep the ball out of his hands at all costs. He worked extra hard every time he wanted the ball back so he needed to "pause" or rest…….he won't have that problem moving forward because he'll be playing with other scorers and stars! But as you say he will be best served off the bench for a while in his career……..

You overstate how much Bazz moved off the ball, he didn't go through nearly all that (I assume you just wanted to spout some jargon here) whenever he had passed off to Boat or anyone else. More typically he'd use that time to rest on the perimeter, and most of his scoring plays came with the ball already in his hands (barring any fast breaks or transition pull up shots).

I think he could be a Jason Terry type of player off the bench and potentially be one of the better 6th men in the league, I just don't see him having the motor that Kemba or most other great PG's do. Honestly, if Boat can really prove himself as anywhere near the passer/decision maker as Bazz, I like his NBA potential a lot more just due to his speed/motor/athleticism/defense advantages over Bazz.

Reaction Score
You overstate how much Bazz moved off the ball, he didn't go through nearly all that (I assume you just wanted to spout some jargon here) whenever he had passed off to Boat or anyone else. More typically he'd use that time to rest on the perimeter, and most of his scoring plays came with the ball already in his hands (barring any fast breaks or transition pull up shots).

I think he could be a Jason Terry type of player off the bench and potentially be one of the better 6th men in the league, I just don't see him having the motor that Kemba or most other great PG's do. Honestly, if Boat can really prove himself as anywhere near the passer/decision maker as Bazz, I like his NBA potential a lot more just due to his speed/motor/athleticism/defense advantages over Bazz.

Bazz compares very favorably to DJ Augustin who had a great year for the Bulls.

Reaction Score
Shabazz spent a pretty good portion of the season being the only reliable scorer on this team and priority 1,2, and 3 on the other team's scouting report. There is no situation in the NBA where that's going to be the case. This "exhaustion" thing is much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
Shabazz spent a pretty good portion of the season being the only reliable scorer on this team and priority 1,2, and 3 on the other team's scouting report. There is no situation in the NBA where that's going to be the case. This "exhaustion" thing is much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

And spent a season fully utilizing a 35 second shot clock.

I love the kid, but let's be real, he's best suited as a 6th man than a full time PG.

As for what augustin did this year, while I'd hardly call it great, that is a nice comp for the type of player bazz can be.

C

Chief00

Shabazz was also a good rebounder for a short guard, He knows how to win, and quite frankly not everyone does. A PG who knows how to win is a valuable commodity. Daniels needs to get stronger particularly with his hands. He will never be a muscle guy but needs to get strong enought so NBA players won't take the ball from him.

Reaction Score
I'm glad that DD was able to show the world the type of player he can be. Hope he keeps it going and has a long career. We wouldn't have sniffed the title without his development. Go get paid DD you earned it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Shabazz can be be a full time PG in the NBA. Chris Paul like but not as good because he is no where near as fast as cp3 before the surgery. His craftiness and shotmaking ability will be magnified by the floor spacing in the nba. What he does and his production is going to depend on the opportunity given to him.

Reaction Score
And spent a season fully utilizing a 35 second shot clock.

I love the kid, but let's be real, he's best suited as a 6th man than a full time PG.

As for what augustin did this year, while I'd hardly call it great, that is a nice comp for the type of player bazz can be.

I'm not sure anyone knows yet what he's "best suited" for, but I think your trumped up issue of him being exhausted at the end of games says nothing about what role he plays in the NBA. To be clear: I think it's a total and complete red herring based on nothing. Talk about his size, ability to defend at the next level, whatever . . . but being "exhausted" at the end of games as some predictor of his success at the NBA level is more than a little silly.

Incidentally, there have been NBA people who think he can be a starter in the league, so while I don't expect him to start from year one, I don't see it as outside the realm of possibility that he'll be running a team in a couple years.

Reaction Score
That little baseline turn around was LETHAL in the tournament. That's an NBA shot. He pretty much dominated stretches of the tournament and I think people will see that. Late first round.

Reaction Score
Shabazz can be be a full time PG in the NBA. Chris Paul like but not as good because he is no where near as fast as cp3 before the surgery. His craftiness and shotmaking ability will be magnified by the floor spacing in the nba. What he does and his production is going to depend on the opportunity given to him.
Watching the Warriors game today the commentators were gushing over Steph Curry (rightfully so). "I've never seen anyone with ability to consistently pull up off the dribble and hit 35 footers!" Uhhhhh, you guys clearly haven't watched a lot of UConn games.

Reaction Score
DD had the most silky smooth turn-a round jumper in CBB this year. He'll be fine if he can get into a program that can build his talent. Love the guy. He was a huge part of an amazing and unbelievably important era at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom