Daniel Hamilton | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got to see DHam on Tuesday night for the second time in person. The kid is just fantastic. In a one minute span he had a bucket, a rebound and a block. He didn't score many points the other night, but he looked great out there and did many things well. He is everything I had hoped he would be... plus he really seems to want to rebound, I think he had 9 the other night.

Barring injury, this kid is going to be fantastic. He is a natural scorer who also passes well and rebounds, plus he has a decent handle, AND works hard on the defensive end of the floor. It has been awhile since a freshman of ours has looked so smooth and comfortable from the get go. To say I am pyched to see him develop and perform is an understatement. Enjoy him while he is here...

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Definitely liked his motor and his intensity out there. Pair that with his athleticism and versitile skill set (REALLY tight handle for a bigger guard) and you can see that the kid is going to be nothing but REALLY good in his time here.

By all accounts, he seems like a nice kid too... it will be a pleasure to watch him mature further in his time here.

I like the start KO is off to... is D-Ham Ollie's true FIRST uconn player recruited? I know he was largely responsible for Daniels as well.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Im really excited about DHam, and I feel like we haven't been talking about him enough. Kid is going to be great.

Reaction Score
I really like'd both D Ham and SCJ's game- both crafty and very solid players.

Reaction Score
bone dudes need to purchase thinking cap w/scouting brime attachment

if you enthralled with newrip at this pt you be alot hapier soon

newrip has luv for game, luv his team, makes teammates improve more ea time on floor, >aptitude for fun, big playplaya, will rise up in crunch time to put big hert on opposition from many angles least of which is fg, olliewood will unleash hidden point forward that lurks & festering defensive amoeba

bukle up dudes

Reaction Score
bone dudes need to purchase thinking cap w/scouting brime attachment

if you enthralled with newrip at this pt you be alot hapier soon

newrip has luv for game, luv his team, makes teammates improve more ea time on floor, >aptitude for fun, big playplaya, will rise up in crunch time to put big hert on opposition from many angles least of which is fg, olliewood will unleash hidden point forward that lurks & festering defensive amoeba

bukle up dudes

Can we add to the right where "LIKE" and "REPLY" are, " I THINK I LIKE:eek:" for some of chaps posts?

Reaction Score
excited about DHam too... From the little I saw from him offensively something tells me his midrange game is tight... which will create more problems for opposing teams... not to mention his intangibles (lenght, defense, ballhandling, athleticism)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For me, my favorite thing was whenever he grabbed a rebound, he was looking to push the pace every single time. Looking to start a fast break no matter what.
reminded me of the days of Caron and Rip doing that

Doron is the hallmark for that instinct in my mind. I can still picture the instant upright head snap with arms cocked automatically to make the outlet pass.

Reaction Score
Doron is the hallmark for that instinct in my mind. I can still picture the instant upright head snap with arms cocked automatically to make the outlet pass.

Definitely, but I was just speaking in regards to our wings. We haven't really had many playmaking wings recently like we always did in the past, Lamb is the closest in that regards but it feels like we were playing at a slower pace by then and after a rebound it was always about getting the ball in Kemba, Bazz, and then Boat's hands to setup in halfcourt. Back then if Caron or Rip got a rebound they were getting out in the open court and pushing things. If KO really wants to play at a faster pace, DHam's ability to hit the boards combined with his ballhandling and passing ability will be beneficial to getting that done.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Definitely, but I was just speaking in regards to our wings. We haven't really had many playmaking wings recently like we always did in the past, Lamb is the closest in that regards but it feels like we were playing at a slower pace by then and after a rebound it was always about getting the ball in Kemba, Bazz, and then Boat's hands to setup in halfcourt. Back then if Caron or Rip got a rebound they were getting out in the open court and pushing things. If KO really wants to play at a faster pace, DHam's ability to hit the boards combined with his ballhandling and passing ability will be beneficial to getting that done.
Agreed, and good point.

Reaction Score
DHam could potentially make us only miss DD's shot blocking ability and maybe beyond the arc. But he does have skills which DD lacked and is threat to get to the hole and get his shot off or create and throw the lob to AB a lot......love his playmaking ability!

Reaction Score
The floater and the smoothness of his offensive game reminded me of Lamb at first glance, seems to be much more aggressive on the defense/rebounding end though.

Reaction Score
The floater and the smoothness of his offensive game reminded me of Lamb at first glance, seems to be much more aggressive on the defense/rebounding end though.

I feel like he's a much more athletic Rip Hamilton. He has those same floaters/runners in the lane. Same size, length, basically overall frame.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's definitely going to be great. There's not any weaknesses in his game besides his weight. He isn't the best athlete but he is far from not being athletic. He is definitely going to be a great one for us.

Reaction Score
Can we add to the right where "LIKE" and "REPLY" are, " I THINK I LIKE:eek:" for some of chaps posts?

Perhaps it's a good sign that the season is about to begin. You know getting a little more coherent.

He may just 'only' need to learn how to hibernate.

Reaction Score
I got to see DHam on Tuesday night for the second time in person. The kid is just fantastic. In a one minute span he had a bucket, a rebound and a block. He didn't score many points the other night, but he looked great out there and did many things well. He is everything I had hoped he would be... plus he really seems to want to rebound, I think he had 9 the other night.

Barring injury, this kid is going to be fantastic. He is a natural scorer who also passes well and rebounds, plus he has a decent handle, AND works hard on the defensive end of the floor. It has been awhile since a freshman of ours has looked so smooth and comfortable from the get go. To say I am pyched to see him develop and perform is an understatement. Enjoy him while he is here...
Although their games are different his ability to impact the game in so many ways in a short span of time sound a lot like Donyell to me. I remember 90 second stretches where Yell would block a shot, nail a three and thrown down a 360 dunk and total about 9 points in the blink of an eye. If Hamilton is half as much fun to watch in that regard, we're in for a huge treat.

Reaction Score
The BY is pure joy. What happens in a few days when RP tears it up for 25 & 10 and DHam has a freshman game and goes 2 for 10? Keep the Zyntax handy. Freshman will have bad games. Some should keep that in mind and not kill him when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom