Daniel Hamilton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton

Reaction Score
Two of the most unique players in UCONN history? Banking on that kind of transformation is not a good idea.

Hamilton would have had to learn how to shoot dead eye. And somehow become more athletic to boot.

Wasn't happening.

He got bigger and stronger from his freshman to sophomore year. He improved as a player from his freshman to sophomore year. He obviously could've done the same from his sophomore to junior year. It's ridiculous to say that a player especially a very talented player like Hamilton couldn't become a more consistent shooter on the collegiate level. He also has a very unique skill set. He could've definitely put himself in the first round with a big junior year and positioned himself for a better professional career.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He got bigger and stronger from his freshman to sophomore year. He improved as a player from his freshman to sophomore year. He obviously could've done the same from his sophomore to junior year. It's ridiculous to say that a player especially a very talented player like Hamilton couldn't become a more consistent shooter on the collegiate level. He also has a very unique skill set. He could've definitely put himself in the first round with a big junior year and positioned himself for a better professional career.

Damn near everybody improves from freshman to sophomore year across college basketball (leaving aside comments on our program the last few years). That's not unique.

Shooting is shooting. He's gotten way more practice and help shooting at the pro level than he could at college. And he's still not a good shooter.

We weren't going to shine in the NCAAs. And that's how most those other players got their biggest draft bumps. We stunk. And we were going to stink.

Reaction Score
Damn near everybody improves from freshman to sophomore year across college basketball (leaving aside comments on our program the last few years). That's not unique.

Shooting is shooting. He's gotten way more practice and help shooting at the pro level than he could at college. And he's still not a good shooter.

We weren't going to shine in the NCAAs. And that's how most those other players got their biggest draft bumps. We stunk. And we were going to stink.

I know you love UConn hoops but you're wrong here. DHam would've got better and there's no telling how good the team and he could've been if he came back. The same goes for Daniels. Everything you're saying is assuming the negative when the players before DHam stepped into some really negative spots especially Kemba and Bazz.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know you love UConn hoops but you're wrong here. DHam would've got better and there's no telling how good the team and he could've been if he came back. The same goes for Daniels. Everything you're saying is assuming the negative when the players before DHam stepped into some really negative spots especially Kemba and Bazz.
Daniels was (arguably) the second best player on the national champions and a junior who I think may have even been an older junior. He wasn’t really “pro-ready” but I’m sure he felt he had nothing left to prove in college.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

The KO years will mostly do that to you. I'm usually pretty middle of the road.

I just know that for better or for worse, success in the NCAA tournament often has a big effect on draft status. It certainly has for our guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom