Daniel Hamilton | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton

Reaction Score
Is he no longer with the Hawks? Was browsing through scores and saw that the Hawks beat the Lakers. Checked the box score to see how Hamilton performed and didnt see his name listed.

Reaction Score
Is he no longer with the Hawks? Was browsing through scores and saw that the Hawks beat the Lakers. Checked the box score to see how Hamilton performed and didnt see his name listed.

He was released last week

Reaction Score
I really do think Hamilton is a good enough all-around player to stay in the NBA for years. His D is questionable and is he is a good enough 3 point shooter? He did leave too early and but it is what is is. I wish him well. Would be nice to follow another Husky in the daily box scores.

Reaction Score
Both Hamilton and DeAndre Daniels should not have gone pro. Each should have stayed a Husky for at least another year before entering the NBA draft. Neither was ready.
I don’t know why I’m doing this. They probably both left at the right time. DeAndre was never going to get more exposure than he had during that run, if he had stayed that team was probably a first weekend team at best and probably on the bubble to begin with. It would’ve been fun to see Boat/Purvis/DHam/Daniels/Brimah as starters so I’ll give you that.

As for DHam had he stayed yes it would’ve been a smoother transition for the Top5 and Larrier but who knows how the injuries go. He would’ve helped with our rebounding deficiencies but ultimately I think that team too would’ve probably been on the bubble.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Both Hamilton and DeAndre Daniels should not have gone pro. Each should have stayed a Husky for at least another year before entering the NBA draft. Neither was ready.
Neither was ready, but neither was going to improve as a prospect or a player under the previous regime.

Jalen should've gone pro after his sophomore year btw.

Reaction Score
DD had a lot of buzz after playing so well in the NCAAT. He almost put himself in the first round. Hindsight is 20/20 though and it looks like the better decision would've been to come back and be one of the best players in the country. That 2015 team would've been head and shoulders better and most definitely a NCAAT team. DHam should've definitely come back regardless of liking college or not. He would've been one of the best players in the country and improved his game and draft stock.

Reaction Score
Daniels likely would have come back as the same player without Bazz facilitating. Leaving was the right move. Most guys didn’t get much bigger or better in the KO era. Deandre needed serious bulk to change his game dramatically.

Reaction Score
I think if DHam stayed another year he would have looked like Magic Johnson, a 6-8 point forward. If that got him into the first round, he would be much, much richer right now.

C

Chief00

I don’t know why I’m doing this. They probably both left at the right time. DeAndre was never going to get more exposure than he had during that run, if he had stayed that team was probably a first weekend team at best and probably on the bubble to begin with. It would’ve been fun to see Boat/Purvis/DHam/Daniels/Brimah as starters so I’ll give you that.

As for DHam had he stayed yes it would’ve been a smoother transition for the Top5 and Larrier but who knows how the injuries go. He would’ve helped with our rebounding deficiencies but ultimately I think that team too would’ve probably been on the bubble.

Hamilton meant a lot to Brimah’s game.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Without the Jones fracture Daniels would have been on a very different trajectory. The Raptors drafted him and held rights to him and his time playing in Australia, where he excelled, was basically like a prep year for the NBA. Then he broke his foot and it was all downhill.

C

Chief00

I think if DHam stayed another year he would have looked like Magic Johnson, a 6-8 point forward. If that got him into the first round, he would be much, much richer right now.
I agree, he screwed up. Also, teams are more likely to keep a first round pick on the roster.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Hamilton was like Larrier in that he just wanted to leave. He was ok if that meant he was just going to play in Europe or the D-League as long as he could play professionally.

Reaction Score

That's not how this works anymore. It hasn't worked that way for years.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Hamilton was like Larrier in that he just wanted to leave. He was ok if that meant he was just going to play in Europe or the D-League as long as he could play professionally.
There is no question he wanted to go. But I will never believe that was the right move financially.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, Richard Hamilton they all did 3 years, and Daniel Hamilton was not as good as any of them so what does he do? Leaves a year earlier than them. The sad thing is that he had good raw talent that with an extra year to mature could have positioned him in a better draft position and ultimately higher career earnings even though yes he’s made some coin which is NBA chump change. Instead he gets thrown into a different group of players and even though talent is always supposed to rise to the top sometimes those players don’t get the same slack or as much chance.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DHam hated school - he should have gone to NC or Kensucky - no classes needed
He did what he wanted to do
If he isn't second guessing, why should any of us.
He'll make nice money in Europe

Reaction Score
The NBA draft is not the way it was when Ray, Rip, Emeka, or Rudy came out. The comparisons are ridiculous. All of them would be 1 and done today. Potential is the #1 factor in every recruit. Your age is more important than your skills. DDaniels was certainly right to come out. Dham didn't want to be in school and is making more than I will in 10 years. Hard to complain about that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom