DANIEL HAMILTON TO UCONN | Page 9 | The Boneyard

DANIEL HAMILTON TO UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like it or not having JC around is still huge.....did you see the interview with Rodney he was happy he got to see and chat with JC and expects there will be more!!!

As long as he isn't a distraction, than it is HUGE. He seemed to play a perfect role last year. He knew when to give Ollie advice, but also knew when to back off and let the coach do his thing.

Reaction Score
As long as he isn't a distraction, than it is HUGE. He seemed to play a perfect role last year. He knew when to give Ollie advice, but also knew when to back off and let the coach do his thing.
The best thing about Calhoun this past year to me was how he was at all the games he could be and say and took notes to help Ollie.

Reaction Score
Best thing about Calhoun this year is that he is going to get healthy and beat down some people because no one is talking about him and his impact next year. Oh sorry wrong Calhoun

We are Dooomed!!!!!!!!.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer of 247 thinks Hamilton will be ranked top 5 in the class next year. Another thing you might consider is that the offer sheet you're looking at is wrong, and that it's still early. Meyer reported offers from Cal., Washington and Arizona.
Thanks!

Reaction Score
Come on man...do a little more research before you make that post. Also, keep in mind it's still May...TONS of offers go out in the summer during camps, etc. It's still pretty early in the process. ESPN also isn't the best site for recruiting info - here is Scout's offer list. Probably still not even complete but looks much better if you are comparing.

Connecticut Verbal Yes None
Baylor No Interest Yes None
Kansas No Interest Yes None
Louisville No Interest Yes None
San Diego State No Interest Yes None
UCLA No Interest Yes None
USC No Interest Yes None
UTEP No Interest Yes None
Washington No Interest Yes None

Reaction Score
How is this a big get?

Per ESPN he has offers from very average programs... http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/117610/daniel-hamilton

A lot of big time programs stopped recruiting him because it was assumed he would follow his brother to play at UTEP. The hamilton family has strong ties to the head coach of UTEP. He also is in LA where it is a little difficult for east coast teams to recruit. Most of the big time programs are in the east. As mentioned by others the list of offers by ESPN can be way out of date.

Reaction Score
Come on man...do a little more research before you make that post. Also, keep in mind it's still May...TONS of offers go out in the summer during camps, etc. It's still pretty early in the process. ESPN also isn't the best site for recruiting info - here is Scout's offer list. Probably still not even complete but looks much better if you are comparing.

Connecticut Verbal Yes None
Baylor No Interest Yes None
Kansas No Interest Yes None
Louisville No Interest Yes None
San Diego State No Interest Yes None
UCLA No Interest Yes None
USC No Interest Yes None
UTEP No Interest Yes None
Washington No Interest Yes None
cool, thanks. thats all I needed to know. I check this board about once a month in the offseason. Ive never heard of him until today.

Reaction Score
cool, thanks. thats all I needed to know. I check this board about once a month in the offseason. Ive never heard of him until today.

It's actually funny because over the past few years I've kind of "shrugged off" any interest we've had in the Hamilton's. I was surprised when I heard we were getting a visit from him and even more surprised (albeit pleasantly) when I saw he committed.

I definitely advise reading the board in the offseason though if you have any interest at all in recruiting info...I find it more interesting in the offseason than in the regular season really.

Reaction Score
It's actually funny because over the past few years I've kind of "shrugged off" any interest we've had in the Hamilton's. I was surprised when I heard we were getting a visit from him and even more surprised (albeit pleasantly) when I saw he committed.

I definitely advise reading the board in the offseason though if you have any interest at all in recruiting info...I find it more interesting in the offseason than in the regular season really.

I have as much faith in ollie as anyone, but I wasn't expecting him to get this good of a recruit from the west coast in his first real recruiting year as head coach.

Reaction Score
It'd also be fair to note that a handful of programs backed off assuming he would follow his brother to UTEP.

Reaction Score
How is this a big get?

Per ESPN he has offers from very average programs... http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/117610/daniel-hamilton
In addition to what everyone else posted here, it was in all the articles that most coaches stopped recruiting him because they assumed he was going to follow his brother to UTEP. On top of that he is blowing up this spring so I assume a lot of big time programs would have offered him after seeing him this spring. He wasn't as good last year. Rudy Gay had the same thing happen to him the spring of his junior year.

On top of the comment from Jerry Meyer someone posted above, here is another comment after Hamilton's commitment:

Eric Bossi, Rivals.com recruiting analyst: "Terrific pickup for UConn. Hamilton will 100% be a five-star in rankings update." (FYI, 5 stars is top 25)

Believe me, this is a huge commitment for Ollie and UConn. He went all the way across the country and got a 5 star player to commit to a school that has a new coach, is in a new watered down conference and who, honestly, has struggled to get the top rated recruits very recently. This is a big momentum builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom