DAN "Narcolepsy" PATRICK | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DAN "Narcolepsy" PATRICK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly, at this point, I've come to embrace the hate.

For whatever reason, UConn winning championships seems to instill anger in many groups of people. The traditional Blue Bloods are threatened, former and current Big East members are jealous, and the nancies in the media are still bitter over Calhoun not being nice to 'em.

Screw 'em. None of it seems to slow UConn down, so keep it coming.

Reaction Score
The inside view of Patrick's radio show is that he repeats himself ad nauseum. He's got tenure or he'd be off the air.

Reaction Score
The whole "branding" argument is just straight-ahead broadcaster/talking head Voo doo. No one even knows what he's talking about in the first place, lol. Does UConn have a brand? I would respond with "Yes, it says "Trophy" right on top of it."

Generating yards and miles of talk is what these guys do. It's like discussing morals, lol, just more vague.

Here's the editorial reply from Pops Staples:

Reaction Score
I worked at ESPN when Dan Patrick was there..he was a complete a hole, same with Stu Scott (it is Giff-Ie, not "Griffy"). I was maybe 23 at the time, and Patrick waslked around like an arrogant . While I don't agree with much of what Mike Greenberg says about college basetkabll, he is actually a nice person and didn't treat the underpaid ESPN underlings like . Anywho, f Patrick..he's on NBC Sports TV. I may be the only subscriber to that station.

I worked there in 97-98, all of the talent with the exception of a few like tom jackson a some others where co mplete Ashlynn Shade holes. Patrick was a diick, so arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom