Dan Hurley Q&A | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Q&A

Reaction Score
You know you are from Connecticut when UConn makes arguably one of its most important coaching hires in 3 decades and everyone is arguing over the new coach's choice of pizza.
I can't believe this wasn't one of the criteria Benedict used in his search. What is your philosophy for player development? How would you recruit to UConn? What kind of pizza is your favorite? I mean it should have been at worst the third question he asked. Fire Benedict.

Reaction Score
So not true.

CT>NY>>Philly>>>>NJ
B80E95BE-37BF-46E6-B0A6-DE1FA5A1A7ED.gif

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

They sell em in gas stations too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You can get good Chinese food in Fairfield county, NYC/westchester and northern NJ. After that you have to cross the entire country and get to the west coast for it. You were very brave to try it in Michigan

Nah. University towns often have pretty good Asian all around, even in Iowa. Sure, there's a lot of standard Americanized stuff, but as an example, here in Pittsburgh, there's a huge number of Asian students at Pitt and CMU, and they gotta eat. We've got restaurants here that employ specialized noodle makers from Taiwan. And places with both "Chinese" and "English" menus.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
"The pizza is better (in Connecticut) than Rhode Island but not as good as Jersey."

Oh Danny.
Now we know he's not perfect. I've been looking for a pizza better than Great Oak for a long time

Reaction Score
or Harry's

Coach Hurley, I know you are reading this. In Glastonbury alone you have Harry's, Luna, Sassano, and Giovanni's that all make a very good to excellent pizza. Plus, New Haven is only a 35 minute drive.

Reaction Score
Their bagels are better but if you are in CT and have a bagelman near you, it's not much of a drop-off.
Lox, Stock, & Bagel in West Hartford has the best bagels in CT. Their everything bagels are the bomb; the toppings are on both sides rather than on the top like at other bagel joints.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom