Dan Hurley Q&A | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Q&A

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley Q&A: UConn's basketball coach comes home to Jersey -- for a day

Q. How is UConn different from the other places you’ve been?

A. “I would say this: You have an amazing stage here. The way we’re covered media-wise, locally and nationally, is unbelievable. The fan base — when you’re coaching at Rhode Island you go to Starbucks and you may see one or two Providence sweatshirts and a guy in a Rhode Island had and another guy in a Rhode Island shirt, and five other people in suits. I go into Whole Foods here and it’s Husky sweatshirts, Husky hats everywhere. So it’s a huge deal here.”

“What you feel like you can accomplish, your long-term vision at a place like this — you’re not thinking conference championships or getting to the NCAA Tournament. You’re thinking national championships, you’re thinking Final Fours. Obviously we’re not there right now, but the decisions you’re making are (geared toward), how do I get there? That’s the only thing I would leave Rhode Island for.”

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley Q&A: UConn's basketball coach comes home to Jersey -- for a day

Q. How is UConn different from the other places you’ve been?

A. “I would say this: You have an amazing stage here. The way we’re covered media-wise, locally and nationally, is unbelievable. The fan base — when you’re coaching at Rhode Island you go to Starbucks and you may see one or two Providence sweatshirts and a guy in a Rhode Island had and another guy in a Rhode Island shirt, and five other people in suits. I go into Whole Foods here and it’s Husky sweatshirts, Husky hats everywhere. So it’s a huge deal here.”

“What you feel like you can accomplish, your long-term vision at a place like this — you’re not thinking conference championships or getting to the NCAA Tournament. You’re thinking national championships, you’re thinking Final Fours. Obviously we’re not there right now, but the decisions you’re making are (geared toward), how do I get there? That’s the only thing I would leave Rhode Island for.”
Love this.

Reaction Score
"The pizza is better (in Connecticut) than Rhode Island but not as good as Jersey."

Oh Danny.

Did he really say that? Also ive never really searched for good pizza in the northeast outside of CT but my impression is it sucks. At least in VT and NH and Boston.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"The pizza is better (in Connecticut) than Rhode Island but not as good as Jersey."

Oh Danny.
Fortunately, there's a place where he can name his Jersey faves and recommend toppings.

He's got a little more than 48 hours before the FSU game to add some more value to this fanbase.

C'mon coach.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Isn’t he living in Glastonbury?

Reaction Score
We're spoiled here. Leave the tri-state area and the quality of pizza and chinese food falls drastically. Sgt Peps would be the best pizza place in town for 99% of the country

For real. Mormons have no idea that good ethnic food exists, but they've got amazing skiing resorts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom