Dan Hurley Game Breakdowns on Instagram | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Game Breakdowns on Instagram

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is that son he used as a mule to funnel money to recruits including Oriakhi or was that a different one?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I love Dan for being honest and stirring the pot, but at some point we just need to move on. Every time one of our coaches/players/etc makes a comment, the AAC media trolls get to feast on the “they weren’t even that good” storyline with absolutely no context as to why that was. The further we get away from that tire fire conference and their minor league schools/media, the better it will be for all parties. We need to stop punching down and stop giving them chances to continue to associate themselves with us/our brand, as they’re going to find out in short order just how valuable that was even with our struggles.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
DH is a passionate guy and once in a while he is going to run his mouth, show someone up, or go over the top with pumping up players/fans in a way that benefits the other guys more than us. The press articles make it sound like he's toned it down the past few years, but I don't think we want it to go away altogether because it's got to be part of what makes his successful.

I'll take the occasional misstep because along with it we gets things like the JA chest bump gif.

Reaction Score
I love Dan for being honest and stirring the pot, but at some point we just need to move on. Every time one of our coaches/players/etc makes a comment, the AAC media trolls get to feast on the “they weren’t even that good” storyline with absolutely no context as to why that was. The further we get away from that tire fire conference and their minor league schools/media, the better it will be for all parties. We need to stop punching down and stop giving them chances to continue to associate themselves with us/our brand, as they’re going to find out in short order just how valuable that was even with our struggles.

There are programs in the AAC he has a ton of respect for and coaches outside of those (like Ron Hunter) that he respects. Even he and Haith go way back. It’s not about the AAC. His position, which he’s said both in public and private, is that there are some very good teams in that conference, it’s just not a good fit. He didn’t like what Tulsa did with that game. Disrespect- real, perceived, or otherwise- for his guys is not something he tolerates well, and he uses that well. Is it petty and perhaps a waste of energy? Maybe, I think so. It’s also funny and that other fans or whatever are giving it any headspace is even funnier. He moved on after he wrote it. And now, I anxiously await the Cincinnati post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom