Dan Hurley Game Breakdowns on Instagram | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Game Breakdowns on Instagram

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I do love these and look forward to the posts. I think its quietly a good recruiting tool also to let prospects know what they'd be getting into without being able to meet with him in person. I will say I'm on the fence with the subtle shade that he consistently throws at Ollie i.e. its tough to change a losing mentality, we have to break bad habits instilled over the last three years, etc. He's not wrong but constantly referencing it when we already know it? I don't know. Still grateful that he is our coach though.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
On to Florida

Been following these on IG. I loved the quote in this one about players being better at leaving the bad game in the past and moving on, than the coaches.
I think what he's saying is that I'm a player and my wife is a coach.

Reaction Score
Next game breakdown, 15 point loss to USF, will be cringe-worthy.

Definitely was the low point of the season, even with 4 of the next 5 games being L’s.

Reaction Score
Next game breakdown, 15 point loss to USF, will be cringe-worthy.

Definitely was the low point of the season, even with 4 of the next 5 games being L’s.
Agreed, ppl talk about St. Joes a lot, but that performance, IMO, was just as bad. UConn risked falling into a black hole after that loss and they struggled against Tulane before pulling it out, thank god, because an 0-3 start would have doomed them. USF was horrible but thank goodness they got that third AAC game because that is when they started to gain some confidence and they were never blown out again, and never had a bad loss either, but they had plenty of brutal, heart-wrenching defeats just the same.

Reaction Score
I do love these and look forward to the posts. I think its quietly a good recruiting tool also to let prospects know what they'd be getting into without being able to meet with him in person. I will say I'm on the fence with the subtle shade that he consistently throws at Ollie i.e. its tough to change a losing mentality, we have to break bad habits instilled over the last three years, etc. He's not wrong but constantly referencing it when we already know it? I don't know. Still grateful that he is our coach though.

It's not subtle and it's absolutely deserved.

It's also a message to his players and recruits that he's not afraid of airing publicly what his expectations are and what kind of culture the kids need to fit into.

I want to hear more about how he felt about the evolution in leadership throughout the year.

Reaction Score
I’ve been watching our final four and national championship games. We had talented players.

But what really struck me was how competitive those teams were, how hard they played, and with such extreme confidence.

Need to continue adding talented players. Started to see the buildings block of being competitive, playing harder and smarter and more confidently than your opponent, show up more and more by the 2019-2020 team as the season played on.

DH’s quote about CV for the Tulane win encapsulates everything that UConn BB was and hopefully will be again:
“CV was the hardest playing guy on the court(which he is pretty much all the time and that’s a skill...btw)”

We won those national championships not because we had more talent than everyone else. While we had comparable talent to the other final 8 teams, we had incomparable toughness and smarts that the other teams didn’t have. And that’s what put us a level above.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ollie? The thing getting killed here is the hero ball from CV and especially AG.

If this is what he thought at the time, then he gave AG a lot of rope before sitting him.

Reaction Score
This is the best thing the BY has seen in years: Hurley game breakdowns, game to game. How in the world does this not have 1000s of comments and 10s of thousands of views already? I honestly don't get it. There is, literally, nothing better. Hurley is bleeding blue every dang day, he rocks!

Reaction Score
I would run through a wall for Danny Hurley if I was a player in that program. No doubt that we’ll be back with the big dogs with Hurley at the helm.

Reaction Score
If it isn't obvious to you by now: Hurley really likes Gaffney's game and intelligence on the court. I think a lot of people who are penciling Jackson into the starting lineup and consigning Gaffney to the bench are underestimating the role that Gaffney is going to play this year.

Reaction Score
If it isn't obvious to you by now: Hurley really likes Gaffney's game and intelligence on the court. I think a lot of people who are penciling Jackson into the starting lineup and consigning Gaffney to the bench are underestimating the role that Gaffney is going to play this year.
I just think we need a backup PG

Reaction Score
Frank Haith’s son has entered the chat:
FE00757A-2A61-4FBE-8934-424C813E4BE7.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member