Dallas News | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dallas News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmm...

She's president of a university and you "managed customer relations" in Oklahoma before accepting an unpaid position as a kook on the Internet.

Scales are tipping against you here, grandpa. We're gonna need to see more.
Classic! Me and wife both rotfloao!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Hmm...

She's president of a university and you "managed customer relations" in Oklahoma before accepting an unpaid position as a kook on the Internet.

Scales are tipping against you here, grandpa. We're gonna need to see more.
Fishy, I always look forward to your comments. You are a funny guy! I am definitely stealing the line about "accepting an unpaid position as a kook on the Internet." Brilliant.

Reaction Score
Chief my man you are crazy. Your negative vibes never end. Such bad karma and please go away or go back Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Well, I stayed at a Holiday Inn in Oklahoma once and as an expert I must agree with Chief(nothing)00;)

Reaction Score
I apologize for not providing context to posters who perhaps have never been involved in men's sports. Let me surmise, based on a few responses, there are some in this BY audience.

In men's sports there is a code called "our turf" or "our house" - you may beat a team on their turf or house but you don't rub it in by excessive celebration after the game or bragging before the game.

Coach Calhoun understood this code and KO does too. Our ticket to a P5 conference is football and the men's code applies. No disrespect to women's basketball or coed whatever scrimmages that make the season for many here.

There are no coed scrimmages for football that I am aware of - the not on our turf code applies - you don't saturate the newspapers and billboards with paid bragging ads - when you ride into town. That turns off the P5 powers.

Put another way - would you like if a team did that to UConn and would you be more inclined to extend an invite to your conference?

SH has done many things to alienate the people we need to cultivate - and this is right up there.

Interesting take, TCU has been putting out ads for years that have been well received.

This one in the LA times

BCS-LAthanksFINAL.jpg

This one in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

B6WrOHYIQAE-582.jpg

and one in Omaha (with reddit response, could only post 2 pics)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2r8jie/tcu_thanks_peach_bowl_full_page_ad_in_atlanta/

If only Chief had warned TCU administration not to be so crass as to break the turf code perhaps TCU would have been invited to a P5

Reaction Score
If only Chief had warned TCU administration not to be so crass as to break the turf code perhaps TCU would have been invited to a P5

Chief may want to have a talk with Sparty as well.

Michigan State took out the back page ad spot in the Dallas Morning News’ championship edition. The Spartans are offering a “Texas-Size Thank You” to the people of Dallas for their hospitality during their Cotton Bowl stay. It’s an oddly-timed move, to say the least. It also might contain a spelling/grammar error, considering “Texas-sized” is the correct term.

Dallas Morning News, January, 2015.
B7FTT2rCcAE5GWQ[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, she has a great track record pissing people off and having lesser schools climb over us into the P5. LOL that actually is her brand. How is that working?

Keep betting on her throwing bad money after good.

My customers included 4 Big 12 schools. Her job is bigger than mine was but it wasn't the low level gig you describe - I need to be intentionally vague but I know these people she obviously doesn't understand their mindset if she felt a guest insulting a host will get you an invited to their big party.

KO did the right thing. He is from Dallas and intuitively understands how this would go over - not well. And he understands the sports creed - you just don't do that.

And how is the XII reacting to U Cincinnati's Ono's grovelling?

C

Chief00

Interesting take, TCU has been putting out ads for years that have been well received.

This one in the LA times

BCS-LAthanksFINAL.jpg

This one in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

B6WrOHYIQAE-582.jpg

and one in Omaha (with reddit response, could only post 2 pics)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2r8jie/tcu_thanks_peach_bowl_full_page_ad_in_atlanta/

TCU's ads are also thank you cards- not bragging about a Yankee school. It's amazing how you are unable to differentiate.

Reaction Score
Are you serious? This was a thank you note to the Texas Cotton Bowl. Our ad was simply bragging about a Yankee school.

I thought about that point. Then I thought, "which one is more of a waste of money?".

What value was there in spending money after a rather spectacular victory (42-41 over Baylor). Was that "rubbing it in" just a little?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are you serious? This was a thank you note to the Texas Cotton Bowl. Our ad was simply bragging about a Yankee school.

So now it comes out. "Yankee" school. How dare those Yankees proclaim to win at sports.

The reality of the ad is this: to many ignorant idiots across Texas think UConn is a useless "Yankee School", and they needed some education on that fact. Sadly, Ollie and his boys didn't do much to make the point. By the way, I like Texas, and I'm from Kansas...Big XII country, and yes they are pretty ignorant of UConn too, if less so. It's far past time for UConn to take action to dispel those false perceptions.

Reaction Score
TCU's ads are also thank you cards- not bragging about a Yankee school. It's amazing how you are unable to differentiate.
@Chief00 I think I have FINALLY figured out your angle. You are one of those "bring back the old Big East days" guys. Guess what..those days are OVER and gone forever! Time to either move forward or close up shop...and by closing up shop that means relegating your precious basketball program to the old ECAC/Yankee Conference days. I have yet to see you post something here backing ANYTHING UConn athletics does to improve their position in the college athletic world. Instead all we get is the BS you put up about Herbst. Do us all a favor and stay on the hoops board...or are they tired of your BS there too?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@Chief00 I think I have FINALLY figured out your angle. You are one of those "bring back the old Big East days" guys. Guess what..those days are OVER and gone forever! Time to either move forward or close up shop...and by closing up shop that means relegating your precious basketball program to the old ECAC/Yankee Conference days. I have yet to see you post something here backing ANYTHING UConn athletics does to improve their position in the college athletic world. Instead all we get is the BS you put up about Herbst. Do us all a favor and stay on the hoops board...or are they tired of your BS there too?
Uh, I think that he should share the love, you know spend time on each of the boards. Perhaps start by spending a month or so in Off Topic Archive and work his way up to Tech questions.

Reaction Score
I think he's just a bozo.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is about B12 presidents. Specifically, the two needs of B12 presidents. They need $ coming into their schools and they need to have the support of their alumni.

The $, TV $ will sort itself put in UConn's favor agaisnt the known field of candidates.

The billboard and ads are to raise awareness amongs the donors and fans so that when our number is called the backlash of, "who?" is minimal.

Imagine if the B12 tried to add BC tomorrow and you will understand.

Reaction Score

But that was not your argument. Your argument was "turf code" lol.

One could view the TCU and Michigan st ads as bragging if they chose. UCONN did win 3 titles in the state of Texas so they are all similar you are just choosing to be sensitive or portray Texans as sensitive.

C

Chief00

Bingo

You guys are amazing. So I am a sexist because you disagree with me on ads in a newspaper. SH is the University President and CR is done at that level - so she takes the praise or criticism.
99% of the time we criticize men on this board - the real sexist is someone that doesn't hold woman up to the same standard. Very patronizing and yes sexist.

CL82

Reaction Score
You guys are amazing. So I am a sexist because you disagree with me on ads in a newspaper. SH is the University President and CR is done at that level - so she takes the praise or criticism.
99% of the time we criticize men on this board - the real sexist is someone that doesn't hold woman up to the same standard. Very patronizing and yes sexist.
You seem to be angry. Have you always had a lot of anger when you think about successful women?

Last edited:
C

Chief00

You seem to be angry. Have you always had a lot of anger when you about successful women?

Because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them angry. You need to develop better coping skills so you can better handle differences of opinion.

So in your politically correct World powerful females are inoculated from all criticism. What a sexist mindset you have. Woman can negotiate like men.

Reaction Score
Because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them angry. You need to develop better coping skills so you can better handle differences of opinion.

Hey, it's OK. The world needs casual sexists, too.

CL82

Reaction Score

So in your politically correct World powerful females are inoculated from all criticism. What a sexist mindset you have. Woman can negotiate like men.
Why do you hate women? Do you feel abandoned by your mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom