Dallas News | The Boneyard

Dallas News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn to Big 12: "sup"
I'm hoping it's more like UConn to Big 12 fans: "sup, see you soon"

I know "no decisions have been made" and whatever, but UConn has been silent about the Big 12 to this point. This is a change.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping it's more like UConn to Big 12 fans: "sup, see you soon"

I know "no decisions have been made" and whatever, but UConn has been silent about the Big 12 to this point. This is a change.

Look at it this way, if UConn was told they were out, they definitely wouldn't of spent that money on the ad.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is so strong. I love it so much I am having a friend of mine in Dallas buy a copy and send it up to me so I can frame it.
How many can he buy? Haha

Reaction Score
The one inaccuracy is that it says "our most recent history" was written in Texas when, in reality, MOST of our history was written in Texas.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
That would be 18 championship trophies in the picture. Cincy, BYU, Houston, Memphis, FLA directionals; your turn.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That would be 18 championship trophies in the picture. Cincy, BYU, Houston, Memphis, FLA directionals; your turn.

And we have three more that aren't pictured. Likely because the NCAA didn't make those plaque looking things till after 1985?

Reaction Score
Aman ‏@Aman_UConn 41m41 minutes ago
In addition to the full-page newspaper ad in the Dallas Morning News, #UConn will also have nine digital billboard ads running in Dallas.

This definitely intrigues me as someone who follows conference realignment closely. Your AD is spending significant dollars to preach The UCONN Message in the heart of Big 12 Country.

JMO but this feels a lot less like your AD trying to sell UCONN to The Big 12, and a lot more like trying to educate/acclimate sports fans in the Southwest to what a UCONN Membership brings to their conference. If these things start popping up in Oklahoma when you play Tulsa on the road, I'll be sold on this actually happening.

FWIW your AD should see if they can get a co-op fee from SMU for all the free advertising you are doing for their home game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22