Daily Campus frontpage | The Boneyard

Daily Campus frontpage

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Would be nice if the student journalists showed any life back when the issue was actually on the table.

To be fair @JMick regarding the point about these articles never being “well researched”, I think a big problem is that so many people actually have no idea what happened to UConn. I saw a reddit comment chain on r/CFB (the college football subreddit) and everyone, including UConn fans with UConn flair, were trashing the university for abandoning the Big East “to chase a football conference”. Most people actually have no idea the dirty game played behind the scenes by Cuse and Pitt and on top of that they don’t seem to realize that the UConn is still in the “original Big East”, just that the name of the conference changed. So many wrong and incorrect points were being made it almost made me rage. UConn lost in many ways, but the worst loss was losing the PR game publicly, actually it was a slaughter.

Reaction Score
It's almost like most UConn fans don't give a rats B about football revenues.

Reaction Score
Would be nice if the student journalists showed any life back when the issue was actually on the table.

To be fair @JMick regarding the point about these articles never being “well researched”, I think a big problem is that so many people actually have no idea what happened to UConn. I saw a reddit comment chain on r/CFB (the college football subreddit) and everyone, including UConn fans with UConn flair, were trashing the university for abandoning the Big East “to chase a football conference”. Most people actually have no idea the dirty game played behind the scenes by Cuse and Pitt and on top of that they don’t seem to realize that the UConn is still in the “original Big East”, just that the name of the conference changed. So many wrong and incorrect points were being made it almost made me rage. UConn lost in many ways, but the worst loss was losing the PR game publicly, actually it was a slaughter.
Yeah most people are absolutely clueless. And the AD never set the record straight because it would've revealed their incompetence. How no one was ever held accountable is beyond me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Particularly dumb at a time when the American's third best team just lost to Duke, the overall #1 seed, by 1 point (and Duke needed a lot of luck for that). The best team is in the sweet 16 with a solid chance to advance. The second best team...well sorry Mick, why do your teams always choke? Meanwhile the Big East is done. Both leagues got 4 teams in. NBE went 1-3.

How about the NIT? AAC got 3 in, has 3 wins. NBE got 4 in, has 3 wins. Both have one team alive. The AAC is already as good as the Big East at basketball. It gets more money too.

Reaction Score
What football revenue?

The $ difference between a conference with worse basketball than the Big East making double what they make in TV $.

Of course, that's not football profit. But that's our own team's fault.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"Perhaps no other conference was affected more than the Big East, as more than a dozen powerful schools joined other conferences."

Yes, just perhaps indeed.

What a lazy article, that brings nothing to the table that hasn't been discussed ad naseum.

So, dropping football alone solves the $40M revenue gap, while simultaneously preventing us ever possibly getting into a better league.

Also, the Big East option, again? Really? How can a conversation about dropping football and just going hoop only not start with the ACC. Obviously we don't have a part time football schedule to offer, but with the ACC Network coming around the corner, I think they'd possibly be interested in a re-invigorated hoop program.

Reaction Score
I swear to god I'm going to lose my mind if I see one more dumb post about how we should drop every sport but men and women's bball and football as that will somehow prepare us for the next round of conference re-alignment. Not sure who was posting it in another thread but that kind of thinking drives me crazy. Throwing out all olympic sports does not make us attractive to the BIG or ACC or any other P5 conference. IF we are going to get invited the next time around it's going to be because we're acting and playing like a P5 school even though we currently aren't. Unfortunately with conference shuffling the rules seem to always change so that they don't benefit UConn. If the ACC was simply taking the current best programs with the most media coverage and most eyeballs UConn would have been a shoo in. Instead they took Syracuse and Pitt who at the time had lousy football programs (but people could remember the 80's and 90's when they were good). Then the BIG did something even dumber and took Rutgers for the NY market (which they have almost none of). The ACC publicly wanted schools that fit their "academic profile" until they didn't when they took Louisville. None of it makes sense, but one thing I do know is that if we don't stay all in on sports we will have a 0% chance the next time around. (if there is a next time)

Reaction Score
I dont really care either way anymore, but it would be nice if just once a "leave the AAC" article was well researched.

Yeah, it almost reads like get out THEN make a plan.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
All this makes me feel sad and helpless... I just want to wake up from this nightmare

Reaction Score
Here’s what ya do... ya cut off all ties with the American conference, Sign a big deal with SNY/mini-package with espn, and go completely independent in b-ball and football. Football may tank, may not. Basketball can do what Norte Dame is doing in football. Link up with old BE foes, maybe have some games with ACC, Big10, SEC, Big12. We will be the OOC bruiser.

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
I was thinking, if Houston made a Final Four 4 run or maybe even won the National Championship this year, will that make any impact of improving the conference in the short term or does that just help Houston make a case in jumping off the AAC to a P5 conference? Other than Temple and Cincinnati, UCF gave Duke a good scare and Houston looks like a Final 4 team to me, so we can't be in that bad of a situation right? This article paints a doomsday scenario and I just don't feel that is the case.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was thinking, if Houston made a Final Four 4 run or maybe even won the National Championship this year, will that make any impact of improving the conference in the short term or does that just help Houston make a case in jumping off the AAC to a P5 conference? Other than Temple and Cincinnati, UCF gave Duke a good scare and Houston looks like a Final 4 team to me, so we can't be in that bad of a situation right? This article paints a doomsday scenario and I just don't feel that is the case.
This is kind of how I feel but also, what has 4 basketball National titles gotten us?

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
This is kind of how I feel but also, what has 4 basketball National titles gotten us?

True. Everyone perceives us as a bunch of entitled spoiled arrogant fans it seems like. I would be happy if Houston pulled through and gave this conference some respect. But at the same time I can't help but think while those other schools were doing their part in helping the quality and strength of the AAC, we were just sitting there whining and complaining about how we are better than them and how we shouldn't even be in the same gym with them. It was embarrassing, it is embarrassing, and quite frankly it will be even more embarrassing that a "lesser" school is the flag bearer of our conference; something UConn was supposed to be coming into this conference.

Reaction Score
True. Everyone perceives us as a bunch of entitled spoiled arrogant fans it seems like. I would be happy if Houston pulled through and gave this conference some respect. But at the same time I can't help but think while those other schools were doing their part in helping the quality and strength of the AAC, we were just sitting there whining and complaining about how we are better than them and how we shouldn't even be in the same gym with them. It was embarrassing, it is embarrassing, and quite frankly it will be even more embarrassing that a "lesser" school is the flag bearer of our conference; something UConn was supposed to be coming into this conference.

The 2 largest "Fan" accounts on twitter, Noescalators and A Dime Back have pretty much breeded these feelings. They pretty much exist now to attack the AAC, advocate for dropping football and returning to the Big East, and insult the AAC schools in the most graceless and unwitty of ways. Their insults on UCF following their valiant effort vs Duke last night were just embarrassing. I hate that many fans of other schools think these guys represent the fanbase. I don't think they do. I hope not.

Reaction Score
How many Big East teams are left in the tourney? Total crock of bs that going to the NBE and dropping football saves UConn. AAC is vastly superior and getting better year over year. Dropping Football would be the end of UConn big time sports.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Yeah, I agree, the Daily Campus editorial board should have gotten off their asses when they were *checks notes* age 12 and done something about it.

Reaction Score
Yeah most people are absolutely clueless. And the AD never set the record straight because it would've revealed their incompetence. How no one was ever held accountable is beyond me.
I have said that and people here have questioned my intelligence. Absolutely someone should be held accountable. People’s incompetence have cost the University and the state many millions. Susie was in charge and yet she escapes blame. The Courant needs to expose these idiots for what they have done.

Reaction Score
This some 19 yr old's attempt at building a resume? Not exactly a hot take here, maybe the cover story gets him an interview at the Boston Globe in a year, where they don't know much about UConn athletics.

Reaction Score
Students know what’s up. They’re getting fleeced to prop up a sport that’s a liability to the school right now so 400 people have something to do on Saturday.

Reaction Score
The 2 largest "Fan" accounts on twitter, Noescalators and A Dime Back have pretty much breeded these feelings. They pretty much exist now to attack the AAC, advocate for dropping football and returning to the Big East, and insult the AAC schools in the most graceless and unwitty of ways. Their insults on UCF following their valiant effort vs Duke last night were just embarrassing. I hate that many fans of other schools think these guys represent the fanbase. I don't think they do. I hope not.
Odd time for them to be banging that drum after the crown jewel of the BE got taken to the woodshed less than 24 hours prior. They look silly.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score

NoEscalators has been particularly toxic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom