Daily Campus frontpage | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Daily Campus frontpage

Reaction Score
Would be nice if the student journalists showed any life back when the issue was actually on the table.

To be fair @JMick regarding the point about these articles never being “well researched”, I think a big problem is that so many people actually have no idea what happened to UConn. I saw a reddit comment chain on r/CFB (the college football subreddit) and everyone, including UConn fans with UConn flair, were trashing the university for abandoning the Big East “to chase a football conference”. Most people actually have no idea the dirty game played behind the scenes by Cuse and Pitt and on top of that they don’t seem to realize that the UConn is still in the “original Big East”, just that the name of the conference changed. So many wrong and incorrect points were being made it almost made me rage. UConn lost in many ways, but the worst loss was losing the PR game publicly, actually it was a slaughter.

To be fair, most of them weren't in school when this all went down.

Reaction Score
No escalators has ruined UConn twitter and created a toxic following. He is not funny at all anymore and a shell of his former self. He was a great follow during the 2014 run but now is just a constant barrage of complaint after complaint. With so many followers, it sucks that he is seen as the kingpin of UConn twitter becuase frankly he seems like a negative and pessimistic human. UConn has done nothing since 2014 to prove we are better than this conference. I must assume that he has influenced this writer because it is clear they have provided no new information within this article and is just regurgitating everything any fan who has been following the program closely already knows. I've never seen someone actively root against their own program and situation as much as he does. He reminds me of KFC from barstool the way he is just always pessimistic and never has anything positive to say. It's really sad someone like this has such an influence on followers of the program.

Noescalators is reposting these posts on his Twitter.
I got blocked for laughing at him and the other dimebag reporters that were trying to be witty

Attachments

• 3148F577-E27A-45E5-B941-0B41E670A83D.png
    3148F577-E27A-45E5-B941-0B41E670A83D.png
    1 MB · Views: 72
Reaction Score
I got blocked for laughing at him and the other dimebag reporters that were trying to be witty
No, we blocked you for personally insulting our friend

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No.

Things like Houston winning the NCAA title in basketball only do one thing... put us lower down on the priority list for potential P5 expansion targets. Be careful what you conference cheerleaders wish for.

We need the money and the respect for the league. We are stuck here. They are stuck here. UCF is stuck here. It's time to admit it, and hope that the seeds start getting better (they did this year) and football gets more credit. A nice UConn run in the CWS would be helpful as well.

There will be realignment again, but I believe it will come from something seismic, that shakes up everything. When that happens, we need strong programs, fans in the seats and eyeballs on or games. We cannot achieve that unless the league raises its game as well. Mostly it has, and we have let it down.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We need the money and the respect for the league. We are stuck here. They are stuck here. UCF is stuck here. It's time to admit it, and hope that the seeds start getting better (they did this year) and football gets more credit. A nice UConn run in the CWS would be helpful as well.

There will be realignment again, but I believe it will come from something seismic, that shakes up everything. When that happens, we need strong programs, fans in the seats and eyeballs on or games. We cannot achieve that unless the league raises its game as well. Mostly it has, and we have let it down.

Lol Houston isn't stuck in the AAC don't kid yourself. They care about sports and they have a ton of money, they need one of the other Texas schools to let them play and they are in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hahaha. I knew all of these people post here.

no they just obsessively read because if they posted they might have to deal with being criticized.

but anyone who makes money for sb nation while getting a pittance probably needs to have their heads examined

Reaction Score
no they just obsessively read because if they posted they might have to deal with being criticized.

but anyone who makes money for sb nation while getting a pittance probably needs to have their heads examined
I'm the only one of the group that makes money from SB Nation and here I am. So...criticize me.

Reaction Score

He's reposting them because they're

A.) Funny

B.) Funny

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm the only one of the group that makes money from SB Nation and here I am. So...criticize me.

Yikes. Thoughts and prayers for them.

I was commenting on the way that some in the blogosphere like to take shots at the BY as though the stuff being produced out there is really any better than the nonsense posted here. I don’t personally have any criticism for any of y’all.

I think noescalators is entitled to his opinion and at least its logical. im moving towards the opinion that it doesnt really matter - non p5 is death for anyone not included in the long term.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This hurts. I got into blogging part-time about mid-major basketball strictly for the money.
I was just responding to your request in an attempt to get a chuckle. I've never read your stuff.

Reaction Score
Yikes. Thoughts and prayers for them.
What I'm getting at here is that nobody at ADB or No Escalators has any affiliation with SB Nation whatsoever. I run a blog that's entirely unrelated to UConn athletics.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What I'm getting at here is that nobody at ADB or No Escalators has any affiliation with SB Nation whatsoever. I run a blog that's entirely unrelated to UConn athletics.

I know they don’t. I was referring to the UConn Blog since they came up.

But yeah SB Nation is a garbage outfit.

Reaction Score
I know they don’t. I was referring to the UConn Blog since they came up.

But yeah SB Nation is a garbage outfit.
I think it's a little more complicated than that. I know a lot of people there who do great work.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think it's a little more complicated than that. I know a lot of people there who do great work.

Agreed plenty of great work. How they treat the people who do the great work is the problem.

Tech company rent seeking based on the fact that passionate sports fans will work their rear ends to write about their teams for a pittance.

But I listen to Shutdown Fullcast and read a half dozen of the blogs or so - but I guess I pay my pennance by subscribing to the Athletic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom