CV and Jalen on Sid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CV and Jalen on Sid

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Before people are penciling Sid into the starting line-up a question - Have you seen him play lately?
I think we need to wait and see
I hope he is the next coming of everything great BUT I am hesitant to be bold enough to have him start right now
My guess is that DH will play the better defender of the two - Polley or Sid

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I used to say "you know" when I would do a presentation early on in grad school. My advisor took me aside after my thesis proposal defense and told me to quit peppering my presentation with "you know", which I did. He said it shows a lack of confidence. Now like I wish I could like get people to drop "like".
Say it silently to yourself. The pauses will make you seem thoughtful.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yakwe is better than Large Dave. But still don’t see him or Kwint playing at all once, Mamadou and Sid are fully into the rotation. If we’re being honest, Whaley will likely fall into that 11th man, “play if we need him” type role. Hard to play more than 10 guys.

Diarra was 4th on the team in personal fouls (70) and 8th in minutes (314). Even Williams didn't foul at that rate (13/113)

I had real high hopes for him coming in, but hasn't impressed much since. Probably attributable to the knee injury causing him to lose 1/2 a step. Be that as it may, it leads me to think of him as 5 fouls off the bench until he can prove otherwise.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We have several guards playing at a high level right now. I understand he’s a big time prospect but I will be interested to see how the minutes shake out. Can’t take Polley’s minutes how he’s playing. I see no way to take minutes from Terrance Myth off the bench. I’d have to guess we see less of BA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We have several guards playing at a high level right now. I understand he’s a big time prospect but I will be interested to see how the minutes shake out. Can’t take Polley’s minutes how he’s playing. I see no way to take minutes from Terrance Myth off the bench. I’d have to guess we see less of BA.
Terrance Myth is pretty crafty around the rim.

Reaction Score
Wondering? What was it about Diarra or his numbers last year that gives confidence he can be very useful?
I expect that he'll improve just by virtue of having a head coach.

Reaction Score
In comparison to Polley, you wonder if Wilson’s athleticism will give him a noticeable advantage on the defensive side of the ball. You’d like to think his lateral movements are quicker than Polley’s. Then again, Polley’s three ball might be too valuable to sacrifice big minutes for. Hurley’s impact on the game regarding who he plays and when has just increased ten fold. Luckily there’s no better man for the challenge. But someone please let Hurley know he’ll be getting some grades from us in these next few games. Would hate for him to walk into this mess blindly.

Just passed your thoughts on to my contact who says he's a real insider because he's heard of Chief.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
With the addition of Sid, playing time is going to get complicated. This is a good problem to have.

I'd like to see our guards pick up full-court press more often. Our team has the athleticism and depth to be able to extend full-court pressure for almost the whole game (thinking WVU of the prior years).

Foul trouble and fatigue should not be an issue since we can go 10 deep and not have a big talent drop-off.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
With the addition of Sid, playing time is going to get complicated. This is a good problem to have.

I'd like to see our guards pick up full-court press more often. Our team has the athleticism and depth to be able to extend full-court pressure for almost the whole game (thinking WVU of the prior years).

Foul trouble and fatigue should not be an issue since we can go 10 deep and not have a big talent drop-off.

Until watching the 2018-19 Celtics, I would've agreed. It can be really tough to integrate someone, particularly someone who thinks he should be scoring.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Until watching the 2018-19 Celtics, I would've agreed. It can be really tough to integrate someone, particularly someone who thinks he should be scoring.

Yes and no. The Cs have just an overload of elite scoring players. One of whom is still a shell of himself. They had such an identity last year, and you now add one ball dominant PG, and one do-it-all wing, with the anticipated growth of the kids, and it's a difficult proposition. I still think they work it out, and perhaps Danny deals somebody mid season.

UCONN simply needs talent on the floor. The more the better. I don't think this situation mirrors the Cs so much. jmo tho

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yes and no. The Cs have just an overload of elite scoring players. One of whom is still a shell of himself. They had such an identity last year, and you now add one ball dominant PG, and one do-it-all wing, with the anticipated growth of the kids, and it's a difficult proposition. I still think they work it out, and perhaps Danny deals somebody mid season.

UCONN simply needs talent on the floor. The more the better. I don't think this situation mirrors the Cs so much. jmo tho

I hope you're right. Every situation is different and I hope Hurley finds a way to seamlessly integrate Sid.

Reaction Score
I hope Sid Wilson is 50% as good a player as everyone is counting on him being..

A lot of confidence being shown to a guy who has not played a second of college ball or even played in a year..

Lets see what we got first. A Honda Accord or a Corvette.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hurley picked up Yakwe, that's one thing we can't blame on KO.

Not the worst move tho. Didn't waste a scholly and gave insurance in case somebody went down, like Diarra did. Of course, Yakwe himself has been in the tub too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I hope Sid Wilson is 50% as good a player as everyone is counting on him being..

A lot of confidence being shown to a guy who has not played a second of college ball or even played in a year..

Lets see what we got first. A Honda Accord or a Corvette.

I think people need to give him time. I expect he's gonna be a good player, just maybe not right out of the gate.

He's got as high upside as anyone on the floor. Who knows if he reaches it.

Reaction Score
I think people need to give him time. I expect he's gonna be a good player, just maybe not right out of the gate.

He's got as high upside as anyone on the floor. Who knows if he reaches it.

I 100% agree. He looks to have a really high ceiling.

Just seems like many are counting on him to be taking mins. away from guys and making a big impact out of the gate.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love Tyler Polley. He and Carleton are developing nicely. But Tyler Cook overmatched him. We need a player who can handle a strong 4. As awkward as Yakwe is he was the best option in that game defensively against Cook which shows how badly our need is with this type of matchup. Hopefully a better answer becomes available as the season progresses.

People saying Diarra, Sidney or Whaley are the answer don't have much evidence to support their contention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom