CV and Jalen on Sid | The Boneyard

CV and Jalen on Sid

Reaction Score
Interesting because he’s going to be treading on Polley’s time who is on an upward run this year. CV and Carlton called Polley “the best shooter in the country” in the Courant today. Wilson has a lot of practice time with the team over the last 2 seasons so I’m pretty sure they already know what he’s gonna bring to the team and us fans are the ones who haven’t seen. Think maybe 10 minutes tonight?

Reaction Score
Interesting because he’s going to be treading on Polley’s time who is on an upward run this year. CV and Carlton called Polley “the best shooter in the country” in the Courant today. Wilson has a lot of practice time with the team over the last 2 seasons so I’m pretty sure they already know what he’s gonna bring to the team and us fans are the ones who haven’t seen. Think maybe 10 minutes tonight?
If Wilson and Polley are both playing well they can play at the same time. Jalen has basically been playing SF all season to this point. The biggest thing is that we’ll almost never be forced out of playing a stretch 4, which we have been every time Polley gets a breather. I think Yakwe’s minutes really start to dwindle from here, and that he’ll come in only when Polley/Wilson are getting eaten alive defensively at the 4.

Reaction Score
If Wilson and Polley are both playing well they can play at the same time. Jalen has basically been playing SF all season to this point. The biggest thing is that we’ll almost never be forced out of playing a stretch 4, which we have been every time Polley gets a breather. I think Yakwe’s minutes really start to dwindle from here, and that he’ll come in only when Polley/Wilson are getting eaten alive defensively at the 4.
Yeah, I was also thinking that this may be the beginning of the end for Yakwe's minutes. Once Diarra is back, I can't imagine he plays much on a regular basis.

And then, of course, there's always the outside shot that Akok Akok shows up to campus ready to play...

Reaction Score
In comparison to Polley, you wonder if Wilson’s athleticism will give him a noticeable advantage on the defensive side of the ball. You’d like to think his lateral movements are quicker than Polley’s. Then again, Polley’s three ball might be too valuable to sacrifice big minutes for. Hurley’s impact on the game regarding who he plays and when has just increased ten fold. Luckily there’s no better man for the challenge. But someone please let Hurley know he’ll be getting some grades from us in these next few games. Would hate for him to walk into this mess blindly.

Reaction Score

I think for this team to reach its most potential, the most effective lineup should be:

1) Alteriqu
2) Jalen
3) Sid
4) Polley
5) Carlton

Just based on talent. However Sid will need to show a lot of effort and heart to break into the starting lineup. If he does, we will have one heckuva team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Should we wait until we see Sid play a college game before we start bumping starters for him? I like the team's chemistry right now. As Coach Hurley says let's let Sid earn his minutes.

(Disclaimer: Preseason I had Sid as a part of my hypothetical starting 5.)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think for this team to reach its most potential, the most effective lineup should be:

1) Alteriqu
2) Jalen
3) Sid
4) Polley
5) Carlton

Just based on talent. However Sid will need to show a lot of effort and heart to break into the starting lineup. If he does, we will have one heckuva team.

Thats a formidable offensive talent lineup, but its not the best defensive lineup. Not without Vital.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
"you know"
I used to say "you know" when I would do a presentation early on in grad school. My advisor took me aside after my thesis proposal defense and told me to quit peppering my presentation with "you know", which I did. He said it shows a lack of confidence. Now like I wish I could like get people to drop "like".

Reaction Score
Wondering? What was it about Diarra or his numbers last year that gives confidence he can be very useful?
The way he played at the end of last year showing a baseline jumper, rebounding, blocking shots and scoring near the basket. I know he fouled so fast you could barely see this but compared to Yakwe who fouls and gives you nothing much besides rebounding it is way better. Diarra might be starting as the season progresses while Yakwe is just an end of bench player at this stage of his career. If I have to watch Yakwe try to gather his balance by dribbling once more that will be too much. Yakwe just needs to learn to pass it back out as soon as he gets the rebound as he has no offense to his game. Still not sure why Hurley saw the need to pick up Yakwe as he brings about as much to the table as DO. At least DO could hit the short jump hook every once in awhile.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The way he played at the end of last year showing a baseline jumper, rebounding, blocking shots and scoring near the basket. I know he fouled so fast you could barely see this but compared to Yakwe who fouls and gives you nothing much besides rebounding it is way better. Diarra might be starting as the season progresses while Yakwe is just an end of bench player at this stage of his career. If I have to watch Yakwe try to gather his balance by dribbling once more that will be too much. Yakwe just needs to learn to pass it back out as soon as he gets the rebound as he has no offense to his game. Still not sure why KO saw the need to pick up Yakwe as he brings about as much to the table as DO. At least DO could hit the short jump hook every once in awhile.
Hurley picked up Yakwe, that's one thing we can't blame on KO.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Yakwe is better than Large Dave. But still don’t see him or Kwint playing at all once, Mamadou and Sid are fully into the rotation. If we’re being honest, Whaley will likely fall into that 11th man, “play if we need him” type role. Hard to play more than 10 guys.

Reaction Score
Yakwe is better than Large Dave. But still don’t see him or Kwint playing at all once, Mamadou and Sid are fully into the rotation. If we’re being honest, Whaley will likely fall into that 11th man, “play if we need him” type role. Hard to play more than 10 guys.
Yakwe is very marginally better. Worst on offense if that is possible and better on D/rebounding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom