Cuse Waiting in the next round | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cuse Waiting in the next round

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how Q uses Engstler against UConn. She seems like she is more physical and has more length than UConn 2-4. And she has the advantage of the bounce against AE. Maybe Griffin will get a go? That's if she goes off, which I think as a junior she may be ready.

UConn by double digits.

I'm putting my bias out there first to be upfront, but I'm not sure why you'd think this. Aaliyah is a lot more agile than I think she's given credit for.

She's been matched up against players like Engstler in the past and played well. I recall when Crestwood played against Detroit Edison when Rickea Jackson was a senior. Crestwood won that game and it was quite an entertaining battle. The previous year, before she joined the program, Crestwood got blasted in comparison.

Reaction Score
Cardoso averages 13 pts and 8 rebs a game 2.3 blks, good numbers but nothing that should scare anyone. Besides that she is a low motor type player who has trouble going up and down the court.
Cardoso, definitely gets up and down the floor, I wouldn’t say she has a low motor, [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'm putting my bias out there first to be upfront, but I'm not sure why you'd think this. Aaliyah is a lot more agile than I think she's given credit for.

She's been matched up against players like Engstler in the past and played well. I recall when Crestwood played against Detroit Edison when Rickea Jackson was a senior. Crestwood won that game and it was quite an entertaining battle. The previous year, before she joined the program, Crestwood got blasted in comparison.
I'm basing this off of what I have watched, not what's in the past. If she is that agile, I guess we will see. I think AE is gonna have her hands full with Cardoso, and be matched up more on her.

Reaction Score
Dont think anyone claimed that this year. The ND falloff has been a significant hit, and Cuse, Miami, UNC, Duke, FSU are all down from recent years.
Massey has the ACC fifth.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is down by 12 points to #13 seed Wright State at halftime . The Razorbacks don't play defense & they only have 26 points at the half.

Reaction Score
I'm basing this off of what I have watched, not what's in the past. If she is that agile, I guess we will see. I think AE is gonna have her hands full with Cardoso, and be matched up more on her.

Fair on both points. I do have more of a reference to base on because I've seen her play in high school and some AAU seasons with Team Ontario and the Kia Nurse EYBL program.

Reaction Score
Cardoso, definitely gets up and down the floor, I wouldn’t say she has a low motor, [ ]
She CAN get up and down. However, against SD St. I counted 3 times she never bothered to cross half court in transition. Conditioning will matter against UConn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
She CAN get up and down. However, against SD St. I counted 3 times she never bothered to cross half court in transition. Conditioning will matter against UConn.
I’m not saying she’s going to have a good game vs UConn, but to think Liv is going to out run her up and down the court is not likely to happen.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying she’s going to have a good game vs UConn, but to think Liv is going to out run her up and down the court is not likely to happen.
I’m sorry but from what I watched of Cuse yesterday Liv will absolutely out run her and be able to keep her pace the whole game...now making the layups is a whole different story (lol). Cardoso looked absolutely gassed yesterday and I saw many times she was last to make it up/down the court. I was literally thinking wow liv/AE will have a field day in transition, because that’s how winded she looked. Maybe it was just an effort thing or an off game, that was my first time watching.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Really don't like these late games. I think we'll win, but won't be surprised if we come out slow. I hope the final four games happen at an earlier hour this year.
Game is in Texas, is on Central time, so 8:00 there

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I know that Cuse can be very physical...here is to no injuries... Good clean basketball...whoever wins there will be 4 more games and at least in UConn's case we need all hands on deck.

Reaction Score
Cardoso averages 13 pts and 8 rebs a game 2.3 blks, good numbers but nothing that should scare anyone. Besides that she is a low motor type player who has trouble going up and down the court.
She is literally not that player at all. She moves up and down the floor beautifully and gracefully. I've watched almost every Syracuse game and she hasn't even scratched the surface of how good she will be.

Reaction Score
Their height advantage will become a factor if they slow the tempo and force Ucon into a half court offenseallows them to set their defense.
Ipso facto— run, run, run. Run ‘em into the ground.
Push push push the ball.
(JMHO)

Reaction Score
You haven’t watched her then because she runs the floor better than most college centers.

Let’s also not pretend that Olivia Nelson-Ododa’s numbers should scare anyone...

Reaction Score
She is literally not that player at all. She moves up and down the floor beautifully and gracefully. I've watched almost every Syracuse game and she hasn't even scratched the surface of how good she will be.
Right? Complete delusion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom