CUSE Postponed :) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CUSE Postponed :)

Reaction Score
We sucked this year and still had over 20k in the seats most games.

Post-Boeheim.

You have some idea that things will continue? I agree: Hopkins is a total unknown and 99% predictably won't be better than Ollie nor Matt Painter or Mick Cronin in replacing the previous guy. You can book that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOL. Yea no talent has gone through cuse and even assuming this class is not highly ranked, its one class and class ranks depend on a multitude of factors, a big one being the number of recruits. Your mind is so small and you lie so much and your facts are so off base and irratuonal, its beneath me to argue with you. Hopefully smu and cinci can keep your conference afloat. Smu and cinci...

1) That Dome sure got Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo to sign on...

2) Bossi has VT, Auburn, Creighton, PC, and Arizona State as schools with two-man classes ranked ahead of yours.

3) Point out what's so untruthful, off-base, and irrational about anything I've said in this thread. You're just pissed that I and many others have come to the pretty objective conclusion that this is an abysmal class for a school that styles itself as a contender in one of the top 2 conferences in the country.

Reaction Score
We may hate this coming from a Cuse fan, (and yes, he's being a colossal for boasting about getting a P5 ticket while we got blackballed - that's off-the-court dealings, not on-the court. Fans only have so much control over that, so don't act superior when we were right on par with you if not better athletically in the two sports that matter when realignment went down), but is he wrong? Sounds like he's just repeating what many other posters here have been concerned about for UConn and the AAC since we ended up in this purgatory.

Our HOF coach, the one who made us a "blueblood" in may people's eyes, has been retired for 5 years. Big shoes to fill for KO and it's been a rough road since 2014. The AAC has a lot of improving to do to get any respect from the committee or it will continue to be a 2 or 3 bid team league. If this conference can't hold a candle to the old Big East then we have to get back to a point where we're winning it.

Reaction Score
Post-Boeheim.

You have some idea that things will continue? I agree: Hopkins is a total unknown and 99% predictably won't be better than Ollie nor Matt Painter or Mick Cronin in replacing the previous guy. You can book that.

True, there is uncertainty, but doom and gloom? Not really. If Hopkins busts we get someone else.

Reaction Score
Bravo dude. Why are you here? Because UCONN fans brought up Syracuse? Go look at your board...are UCONN fans chiming in everytime Cuse fans bring up UCONN?

We both had crappy years. We lost 2 starters who will be back next year to injury for the whole year. You had a healthy team all year and lost to us head to head.

Going forward we both have our set of issues. But your program is about to lose their HOF coach in the next year or two. Hopkins is a total unknown. He didn't exactly set the world on fire last year when Boehim was suspended.

I will post here. It is a free countey. Theres about 25% of the board who acknowledges the dire straights your program is in with the conference. Right now is your high point to capitalize off past success. But the more sub 500 years and longer you stay in the aac, the harder it will get to crawl your way back.

I am only mentioning this because you guys love to make fun of syracuse. But talk about a glass house. Its sad that all you have to look forward to is schadenfreude. Thats so rutgers esque its not even funny.

Also, we did not have a healthy team all year. We had to rs a freshmen due to foot feacture, our starting centers knees failed, and our backuo center was knocked our for he year due to an eye injury. Plus, weve been hit hard by early entries and slammed by sanctions. Despite all that, were still in a waaaaay better situation than uconn.

All ill say is, throw all the rocks you want, but look into the mirror too. It shows how insecure you are, and really, with the state of conference realignment, i cant blame you.

Reaction Score
1) That Dome sure got Quade Green and Hamidou Diallo to sign on...

2) Bossi has VT, Auburn, Creighton, PC, and Arizona State as schools with two-man classes ranked ahead of yours.

3) Point out what's so untruthful, off-base, and irrational about anything I've said in this thread. You're just pissed that I and many others have come to the pretty objective conclusion that this is an abysmal class for a school that styles itself as a contender in one of the top 2 conferences in the country.

Lol the line about hami. This board went into full meltdown when you lost out. Is ollie still in the back room waiting for that commit? Hahah. I guess every program that loses a recruit to uk is terrible. Wow, your iq is low.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Lol the line about hami. This board went into full meltdown when you lost out. Is ollie still in the back room waiting for that commit? Hahah. I guess every program that loses a recruit to uk is terrible. Wow, your iq is low.

You said Cuse is able to bring in top talent. Where is the top talent you were after this year, namely those two?

Reaction Score
You said Cuse is able to bring in top talent. Where is the top talent you were after this year, namely those two?

We miss on our top target green one year and all of a sudden we cant get top talent? I could list all the 5* weve gotten recentlt or underrated guys we sent to nba but why bother with you. I like our recruits anyways so who cares. Good luck v so fla, depaul, tulane, tulsa, houston (i know theyre tough!!) etc and whoever else no one cares about next year.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
We miss on our top target green one year and all of a sudden we cant get top talent? I could list all the 5* weve gotten recentlt or underrated guys we sent to nba but why bother with you. I like our recruits anyways so who cares. Good luck v so fla, depaul, tulane, tulsa, houston (i know theyre tough!!) etc and whoever else no one cares about next year.

And what exactly is any Syracuse player not named Carmelo Anthony doing in the NBA?

Reaction Score
He's officially a troll without a clue people. I suggest everyone "ignore" and let him play with himself here. Not worth the time as he's proven.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

UM,
you played two Grad transfers this year. Actually probably your two best players? Why?

That in and of itself is fine except for the fact I remember threads on your board that absolutely smeared UConn for using Grad transfers and you guys used it as an indicator that UConn was a failing program in the AAC that couldnt recruit anymore. Member?

oh I member.
dwVsmhI.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn and 'cuse are on very similar paths. UConn had to bring in 2 post-grads last season (Miller and Gibbs) in a quest for respectability for the 2015-2016 season. UConn somewhat unexpectedly lost Richard Hamilton to the NBA draft. Syracuse had to bring in two post grads for 2016-2017 and Gillon and White played even a more prominent role for Syracuse that Miller and Gibbs did for UConn. Syracuse could be hit by similar departure to Hamilton if Lydon decides to go the NBA. He is much more likely a 1st rounder than Hamilton. The combo of White, Gillon and Lydon were playing crazy minutes at the end of this season.

Syracuse is facing scholarship reductions for the next 4 seasons from the normal 13 down to 10. They could have started these reductions in 2015-16 but they decided to sign Paschal Chukwu as a transfer. We will see how that works out. UConn had to deal with scholarship reductions but they were minor compared to what Syracuse is facing. Scholarship reductions in combination with a departing legendary coach is a difficult hurdle. The reduction to 10 scholarships eliminates any flexibility in recruiting and the margin for error is very tight. They can't afford to have 3-4 projects/underachievers on the bench with only 10 scholarships

Syracuse have Tyus Battle who is a player. Taurean Thompson is also fairly high quality. They will get 4* Matthew Moyer back from injury and a RS year. They need point guard help as Howard has been a disappointment. Lydon can keep them respectable. If he goes to the draft there is no telling what will happen. They will need a late recruiting hit and some freshman productivity from their 2 current commits. Recruiting post-Boehiem if they struggle again next year will be very interesting. However, we all know with basketball that one bit hit or one big surprise from a lower rated recruit can turn a team around quickly.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is a really dumb thread. We can hate 'Cuse all day long, but calling them out for being a mediocre program with questionable recruits is a bit glass house-y, no? We have about 100 threads, idiotic ones, calling for our coach to be fired, likening our team to a dying dog that needs to be put down, and questioning if our staff has any plan or understanding of recruiting. But then we attack 'Cuse, too? Dumb. They have a game, we do not.
This forum would be blank if it wasn't for dumb threads and idiotic posters.

Reaction Score
And what exactly is any Syracuse player not named Carmelo Anthony doing in the NBA?

Thats off topic but theres other cuse players making impacts on nba teams. You can look it up for yourself.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I went in a thread trashing cuse. So, dont act like i started this. Further, the aac is trash and any fan who doesnt realize that needs a reality check. Its simply delusional not to be concerned about conf realignment right now if youre uconn.
Conferences help but it seems a terrific coach in a so so conference demonstrates a better correlation for success than a bad or so so coach in a terrific conference. I still believe that KO will be considered a terrific coach when all is said and done. What he's had to face between the APR, conference realignment and this years injuries very few coaches have had to handle. This forum is divided only in the degree each of those situations impacts performance. Some put very little or no emphasis on them and blame KO. Others emphasize them strongly. I'm in the latter camp.

Right now you're in a honeymoon phase with the ACC. We envy you're landing. But if history is a lesson not many programs in the ACC outside of tobacco road are happy with tobacco road. We'll see if your fans end up like the majority of fans in the ACC.

I love trashing the ExCuse because there aren't many teams I'd want to see UConn play and beat than you guys. And trash talking is the kind of thing that happens when there are geographical rivalries.
Which is why I, like most of the people in this forum, would love to see a UConn Syracuse game played every year at MSG.

We'll see how you bounce back from the penalties and a coaching change. We were lucky to get an NC with our transition but since you've been reading our forum you know that in spite of this championship the transition has been anything but easy. And your sanctions are worse. Now you have the Dome and the ACC so those could be positives. On the other hand your conference could destroy your records and that could contribute to a vicious cycle of recruiting and fan drop off. A cavernous Dome could hurt. Bottom line is for all the smack talk and all the people claiming they know future events no one really knows how things play out.

Reaction Score
UConn and 'cuse are on very similar paths. UConn had to bring in 2 post-grads last season (Miller and Gibbs) in a quest for respectability for the 2015-2016 season. UConn somewhat unexpectedly lost Richard Hamilton to the NBA draft. Syracuse had to bring in two post grads for 2016-2017 and Gillon and White played even a more prominent role for Syracuse that Miller and Gibbs did for UConn. Syracuse could be hit by similar departure to Hamilton if Lydon decides to go the NBA. He is much more likely a 1st rounder than Hamilton. The combo of White, Gillon and Lydon were playing crazy minutes at the end of this season.

Syracuse is facing scholarship reductions for the next 4 seasons from the normal 13 down to 10. They could have started these reductions in 2015-16 but they decided to sign Paschal Chukwu as a transfer. We will see how that works out. UConn had to deal with scholarship reductions but they were minor compared to what Syracuse is facing. Scholarship reductions in combination with a departing legendary coach is a difficult hurdle. The reduction to 10 scholarships eliminates any flexibility in recruiting and the margin for error is very tight. They can't afford to have 3-4 projects/underachievers on the bench with only 10 scholarships

Syracuse have Tyus Battle who is a player. Taurean Thompson is also fairly high quality. They will get 4* Matthew Moyer back from injury and a RS year. They need point guard help as Howard has been a disappointment. Lydon can keep them respectable. If he goes to the draft there is no telling what will happen. They will need a late recruiting hit and some freshman productivity from their 2 current commits. Recruiting post-Boehiem if they struggle again next year will be very interesting. However, we all know with basketball that one bit hit or one big surprise from a lower rated recruit can turn a team around quickly.

Your off on the penalty. Our scholarship reductions are two next year and one after that. They were reduced from original penalty and allowed to be taken early.

Reaction Score
Serious question. What are the prices for hoops and football tickets in the Dome? Including the nose bleed sections. I have been there once for a Uconn Cuse football game and sat in the Carrier Corp box on the 50 yard line. Great view and food and drink.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This post is off base. I hate Syracuse more than any other program and I can't even agree with your premise. UCONN has won championships under 2 coaches and we are still in a much more precarious position than Cuse is. They can hire Hopkins and fail and then hire another random coach and still be in a better situation. We better hope KO is a good coach because otherwise we will be beggars. duck___ conference realignment.
At least wait a couple hours before pissing all over the counter-insult. It's only off base if you assume being in the ACC automatically makes sure you never have a bad season and are guaranteed succsss.

The truth is the Big East had the respect of a power conference in bball but most importantly schools like Cuse and UConn had the opportunity to be elite, and took it. What I mean by that is that there wasn't a status quo, all the schools fit a similar culture and there wasn't old "royalty" there beforehand like Duke and UNC are now.

No matter how badly Syracuse wants it or how great of a season they have they will never usurp the role Duke and UNC play in that conference, always #2.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not sure you know what youre talking about but at least wait until theyre done recruiting.

Uconn's time is now before you spend too much time marinating in AAC. Sub 500 records can be a program killer.
Hey DB
Where you been?
I think the score is 4 to 1 - and without the help of a 1 and done

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do any of the 20K have any sense of BB IQ?
I miss the days of the OBE tourneys at MSG - used to try to carry a conversation wih Cuse fans but all I got was UConn sucks or how are things at the farm - I gave up
Even the West Virginia fans made fun of Cuse fans especially the fat arse who was there every year and couldn't fit in one seat but always was stiffing his face - we used to call him Space Eater and he would laugh between bites

Reaction Score
Do any of the 20K have any sense of BB IQ?
I miss the days of the OBE tourneys at MSG - used to try to carry a conversation wih Cuse fans but all I got was UConn sucks or how are things at the farm - I gave up
Even the West Virginia fans made fun of Cuse fans especially the fat arse who was there every year and couldn't fit in one seat but always was stiffing his face - we used to call him Space Eater and he would laugh between bites

So uconn fans are all very fit ppl and super intelligent at analyzing the game of basketball so much more than any other fan base although their weakness is making fun of ppl with weight problems. Ok you win the argument. :rolleyes:

Btw - did you come up with space eater on yout own? I would def brag about that on the internet too if i were you. Do you also make fun of people with learning disabilities or do you restrict it to overweight people? Just curious as to what your boundaries are.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So uconn fans are all very fit ppl and super intelligent at analyzing the game of basketball so much more than any other fan base although their weakness is making fun of ppl with weight problems. Ok you win the argument. :rolleyes:

Btw - did you come up with space eater on yout own? I would def brag about that on the internet too if i were you. Do you also make fun of people with learning disabilities or do you restrict it to overweight people? Just curious as to what your boundaries are.
#Triggered

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom