Curry is from another planet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Curry is from another planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bruh, Steph had all the inspiration and someone to teach him how to shoot living in his own damn house
Funny how two of the 3 most dominant players of the last 10 years had fathers who were journeyman NBA players.

Reaction Score
Why can’t there just be the thread where everyone can talk and appreciate Curry without even mentioning Ray Allen?

I guess I understand the desire to be right, but my best guess is that most of the posters who were saying Ray was a better shooter (i) hadn’t watched enough of Curry to judge it objectively; and/or (ii) were hoping maybe Curry was having a dream season or two and would soon come back to earth; and/or (iii) were deluding themselves.

I was actually one of these ‘posters,’ but I kept things to myself. I hardly ever watch the nba and of course project some partiality to uconn alums. I was secretly (and like a scoundrel) hoping Curry was a one hit wonder (why, I have no idea!).

But now I just enjoy watching him and the comparison to Ray or desire to have Curry not succeed no longer exists in my head.
Seriously, whose a bigger , the prople that argue about what defines GOAT and argue that Ray may still fit that description or the people that don't think Ray is the GOAT and have to bring his name up in a thread about Curry? It reminds me of the people that whine incessantly about Calipari or Duke threads. Their whining is more annoying than the threads themselves.

And a lot of those arguments were before or early this season. No one argues that he will be the GOAT if he keeps this up. It is crazy.

But don't underestimate the impact coaching has had on his team and, subsequently, the impact his team has had on his success. The opposing teams are frustrated and exhausted. Curry and his teammates are incredibly confident. Both of those are factors.

http://www.businessinsider.com/warriors-used-basic-passing-drills-to-become-nbas-best-2016-2

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can we start a new pizza thread every week?
Whatever pizza he eats, beer he drinks, how he eats cheese steaks and if he eats turkey I want to know and copy it.
You can only teach up to a certain level. The rest is the wiring of his body. He is a phenom. Probably experimented on by aliens.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Threads like this make me feel old.

46 points is impressive but it's hardly unheard of or otherworldly.

Yes, Steph is in the top 3 shooters of all-time and his range is unreal, but his scoring numbers aren't anything to wet your pants over.

Reaction Score

Yes, Steph is in the top 3 shooters of all-time and his range is unreal, but his scoring numbers aren't anything to wet your pants over.

Cant be bothered to look it up, but my gut says that his scoring numbers on an efficiency and per minute basis are unheard of and otherworldly.

Reaction Score
The amazing thing is his shooting % is very high despite taking contested shots. To know how good he is all you have to do is look at the last shot. How many people take a 40 foot game winner intentionally(there was time to get closer). You miss that you look kind of silly....

Reaction Score

Its not what he's doing, its how he's doing it.

And what he's doing is pretty nuts, too. Probably the best offensive season in the modern era.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Its not what he's doing, its how he's doing it.

And what he's doing is pretty nuts, too. Probably the best offensive season in the modern era.

I am already regretting typing this, but please define modern era.

Reaction Score

You'll have to look very hard to find a player in basketball history putting up his averages in 34mpg. Hint: thee isn't one I could find among the greatest scorers. Hell, he's the only peak player whose per 36 numbers go up.

His TS% would be Top 10 all time for a single season, behind either specialty players (Korver and Legler), low-usage garbage men (Chandler), or later career HOF bigs (early 80s Gilmore, early 70s Wilt). He's shooting out of this world, scoring a ton of points, and sitting on average 14 mpg. It's pretty freaking ridiculous in its historical context.

Reaction Score

I think most will argue his range is other worldly.

ESPNVerified account ‏@espn 4h4 hours ago
Steph Curry from 30+ feet this season: 11-22 (50%) Rest of NBA: 53-669 (7.9%)

Reaction Score

He's having the best offensive season of the modern era, I'm guessing you don't watch the NBA.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Whatever pizza he eats, beer he drinks, how he eats cheese steaks and if he eats turkey I want to know and copy it.
You can only teach up to a certain level. The rest is the wiring of his body. He is a phenom. Probably experimented on by aliens.

Pizza: pepes
Beer: fuzzy baby ducks
Cheese steaks : whiz with ( but he usually opts for roast pork)
Turkey: never touches it, bad for shooting

Now you know. Get at it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's having the best offensive season of the modern era, I'm guessing you don't watch the NBA.

No, he isn't having the best offensive season of the modern era. Best shooting season? Yes. Best offensive season? No.

Reaction Score
Don't think anyone has ever played the offensive game as well as him, I'm pretty much speechless.

Hes starting to remind me of Jordan. Yeah i know two totally different players. What i mean is that hes doing things we`ve never seen before,hes on the highlight reels every night and most importantly hes become unstoppable on the court. If he wants to do something hes going to and there is nothing you can do about it. I really havent been this awed by someone since Jordan and this being the end of the Kobe era that is saying a ton.

Reaction Score
Might have to change my handle soon. Steph is revolutionizing the game-
Colin Cowherd made an interesting point last week. Steph's impact on the game might negatively affect guard play in the long run. Point guards growing up will be idolizing Steph's style, and it's incredibly hard to train yourself to be able to create your own 30+ footers and hit them consistently at the highest professional level. Just as MJ affected the game, people grew up centering their game around his style of play and copying his moves (Kobe is the only one who came close to being what MJ was).
It will just be interesting to see what NBA PGs are like in 5-10 years because it's hard to imagine anyone being able to come close to Steph's level of consistency and other-worldiness. He is an absolute robot. What's underrated about Steph though (like all great players) is his ability to defend, pass and score every way possible.
I think hes on peds. Its the only answer. :p

Reaction Score
He's shattering standards in every way, changing conceptions that have been developed over nearly a century of what constitutes a good shot...it's almost like the game we knew is under attack, but yet he's making it better. I don't use this word lightly but he's truly revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom