Curry is from another planet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Curry is from another planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hopefully the Ray Allen apologist don't show up. They are in full denial. There's no shame being 2nd to steph

I don't think there are many left. A lot of that was before most of this year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Might have to change my handle soon. Steph is revolutionizing the game-
Colin Cowherd made an interesting point last week. Steph's impact on the game might negatively affect guard play in the long run. Point guards growing up will be idolizing Steph's style, and it's incredibly hard to train yourself to be able to create your own 30+ footers and hit them consistently at the highest professional level. Just as MJ affected the game, people grew up centering their game around his style of play and copying his moves (Kobe is the only one who came close to being what MJ was).
It will just be interesting to see what NBA PGs are like in 5-10 years because it's hard to imagine anyone being able to come close to Steph's level of consistency and other-worldiness. He is an absolute robot. What's underrated about Steph though (like all great players) is his ability to defend, pass and score every way possible.

His defense isn't all that. Definitely gotten better. But there's got to be at minimum 20+ better guard defenders in the NBA. Although, NBA guys could speak to this more than I.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's probably mentioned in one of the 7 other Steph threads, but there was an interview with one of the designers from the NBA 2K franchise talking about how Curry was essentially breaking the game. The thought was that video games do not reward you for not having your feet set, distance, etc. .

I said it in another thread, but he's gonna be Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson or NHL 94 Jeremy Roenick. Effectively unstoppable.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No, he isn't having the best offensive season of the modern era. Best shooting season? Yes. Best offensive season? No.

Who's had a better one? Back it up with stats.

Reaction Score
this is definitely the most impressive offensive season in the 3pt line era. its so obvious it shouldnt even really need to be explained

Reaction Score
He's averaging over 30 in about 33 minutes per game usually sitting out the fourth quarters, his advanced metrics are unheard of and he's the leader of a team that will most likely have the best record ever. Don't think we've seen an offensive season like this and he's turned himself into a very good defender, pretty sure he's crept into top 5 point guards defensively.

Reaction Score
Just looking at some old Wilt stats, just incredible. Wilt and Babe Ruth have to be the most dominant athletes of all time in any major sport. Who else is in the group? Maybe Tiger for a couple years, Pele?

Don't confuse shooting with scoring. His scoring average is nowhere near historic.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
His defense isn't all that. Definitely gotten better. But there's got to be at minimum 20+ better guard defenders in the NBA. Although, NBA guys could speak to this more than I.
#1 in the NBA in steals last year, #15 in defensive win shares. Not bad for a guy who can drop 50 on any given night.

Reaction Score
Don't confuse shooting with scoring. His scoring average is nowhere near historic.

Just for perspective, Jordan had 1 season when he put up more points per 36 than Steph has. And MJ's was far less efficient (56% True Shooting vs. 68% True Shooting)

Reaction Score
Don't confuse scoring average with the quality of an offensive season. Few have ever scored as much as efficiently as he has.

Reaction Score
I teach 5th graders. The only athletes they know are Steph, Cam, and OBJ. And they talk sh!+ when I wear UConn stuff. Its weird times man.
Might have to change my handle soon. Steph is revolutionizing the game-
Colin Cowherd made an interesting point last week. Steph's impact on the game might negatively affect guard play in the long run. Point guards growing up will be idolizing Steph's style, and it's incredibly hard to train yourself to be able to create your own 30+ footers and hit them consistently at the highest professional level. Just as MJ affected the game, people grew up centering their game around his style of play and copying his moves (Kobe is the only one who came close to being what MJ was).
It will just be interesting to see what NBA PGs are like in 5-10 years because it's hard to imagine anyone being able to come close to Steph's level of consistency and other-worldiness. He is an absolute robot. What's underrated about Steph though (like all great players) is his ability to defend, pass and score every way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom