Curious about Lou | The Boneyard

Curious about Lou

Reaction Score
It may be just my ‘glass half empty “ attitude but Lou just does not seem to be 100 percent. She has played well, but she seems off a bit. She does not appear to be any stronger than last year. She seems to be tiring. If you compare her to the way Pheesa has come into the year she is not the same. I am hoping that due to her medical problems she did not have a chance to work on strength, conditioning, and shooting.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou has been extremely active on the court. She’s spending a lot more time in the paint at both ends of the court banging with other teams bigs. She’s working hard to get her shot on offense, she’s very active on D and she has definitely added muscle to her frame. Add in the fact that she has embraced the leadership roll this year and I think she’s doing anything and everything she can to make this UConn team a success.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It may be just my ‘glass half empty “ attitude but Lou just does not seem to be 100 percent. She has played well, but she seems off a bit. She does not appear to be any stronger than last year. She seems to be tiring. If you compare her to the way Pheesa has come into the year she is not the same. I am hoping that due to her medical problems she did not have a chance to work on strength, conditioning, and shooting.
Bingo.

Just relax and enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
Side note, there’s a difference between shooting well and playing well. Lou will be fine. I don’t see her percentages being as high this year because all focus is on her. She looks to be playing well overall, though. Just not at a POY caliber YET.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Lou had surgery on her ankle 7 months ago and she wasn't able to do full workouts for chunks of the summer so she's still building up her leg strength and stamina. And yet, she's averaging 17.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1.5 steals per game and being disruptive defensively in ways that don't show in the box score. Geno's also got her expanding her game into the paint more all while being blanketed by what must be the opponent's best defenders.

If that's inadequate in any way to fans, this is going to be a long season for me.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I swear there is something in the New England air. Ever since they burned those "witches" in Salem in every community there are souls who suspect there is a demon just around the corner waiting to wreck their day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think she's fine. I recall her having off shooting days in years past, then one game she came out and buried 10 in a row I believe it was.

Reaction Score
Lou is fine. She had a rough day vs Vanderbilt shooting from 3 but still scored 15. She went 5 for 6 from 3 vs Southern Ct.. but those dont count in her stats. She could easily go 10 for 10 from 3 the next game. The sky is not falling.;);)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lou has been extremely active on the court. She’s spending a lot more time in the paint at both ends of the court banging with other teams bigs. She’s working hard to get her shot on offense, she’s very active on D and she has definitely added muscle to her frame. Add in the fact that she has embraced the leadership roll this year and I think she’s doing anything and everything she can to make this UConn team a success.

You've got it right................she's going to have to rebound and defend like she's never done before and also maintain her scoring average...............if CD, MW and CW can increase their scoring it will take some of the pressure off of KLS.................at the same time a bit of bench help will allow her a break from time to time.............keeping KLS, NC and CD healthy is going to be a season long effort............

Reaction Score
I went to the game on Saturday night and for the first time in a long time was unimpressed. I didn't see the enthusiasm that i have gotten used to. Kia and Gabby seemed to play every game like it was their last and had a lot of fun doing it. I like the way they interfaced with the crowd after the game. I don't see the same energy with this group. They are very good but they don't look like a final four team to me. I hope I am wrong (I often am).:(

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I went to the game on Saturday night and for the first time in a long time was unimpressed. I didn't see the enthusiasm that i have gotten used to. Kia and Gabby seemed to play every game like it was their last and had a lot of fun doing it. I like the way they interfaced with the crowd after the game. I don't see the same energy with this group. They are very good but they don't look like a final four team to me. I hope I am wrong (I often am).:(
You see a not-Final Four team after one game, the second of the season?

Just shoot me now and put me out of my misery.

Reaction Score

it would be nearly impossible to replace the intensity that those two brought to the game, they were both rare players in that regard..............you might want to view this year's group as just different..............frankly I like the chemistry between the players so far this season, especially when you consider that it's a mix of all four classes...........

Reaction Score
Wow... like Nan said... and the "intensity" was evident watching on TV.

Reaction Score
I watched the game on Saturday and thought I saw the makings of a final four team. I know the team is thin, but the starting 5 are GOOD. If anyone saw the Maryland - S. Carolina game, well, if they are in the top 10, then WBB has dropped a peg or two this season. One or both of those teams are expected to be in the elite 8 (regional champs.) I like UConn's chances a lot after watching other teams play this past weekend.
Just my humble opinion.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Again, people voicing their opinions on how well a team/player is in November, especially after 2 exhibitions and 2 season games or how far they will go is ludacris. Two weeks ago the debate was over who was going to be in the starting lineup (I believe Kyla had a lot of support, as did BatCam and even Olivia). So, with it still BEFORE Thanksgiving, I believe this team is again going to be well prepared for a long, winning season, just like every other Husky team since the mid 90s. But I agree with Nan, just put me out of my misery, at least until we have played 8 to 12 regular season games and the team has had a lot more time playing together.
Oh, and I still think Lou's soreness is due to a tat.:)

Reaction Score
Lou had surgery on her ankle 7 months ago and she wasn't able to do full workouts for chunks of the summer so she's still building up her leg strength and stamina. And yet, she's averaging 17.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1.5 steals per game and being disruptive defensively in ways that don't show in the box score. Geno's also got her expanding her game into the paint more all while being blanketed by what must be the opponent's best defenders.

If that's inadequate in any way to fans, this is going to be a long season for me.
Would take 5 Lou's and bet the house on winning it all. That being said, I think she is still getting over the operation and lack of summer workouts. A positive thought since she will likely gain as the season goes on. If you watch her favor her ankle (raises it off ground during foul shots and tie outs), its still in her head and potentially still stiff. She also appears to me to be running a bit more stiffly than before the last injury. Lou is extremely tough and skilled and would likely make 1st team All American playing at today's level. I still believe as her ankle heals, we will see an even higher level of performance.

Reaction Score
I think she's fine. I recall her having off shooting days in years past, then one game she came out and buried 10 in a row I believe it was.

She buried 10 straight 3s.

Reaction Score
Kia and Gabby seemed to play every game like it was their last and had a lot of fun doing it.

Kia and Gabby also presided over two Final Four chokes. Maybe a different style of leadership will emerge that's better equipped for the spotlight.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
View attachment 36497

Captured a pensive, maybe wistful look from Phee there danny.

Is she thinking what would CD do to me if I poured myself into a pair of those?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom