Curious about Lou | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Curious about Lou

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I went to the game on Saturday night and for the first time in a long time was unimpressed. I didn't see the enthusiasm that i have gotten used to. Kia and Gabby seemed to play every game like it was their last and had a lot of fun doing it. I like the way they interfaced with the crowd after the game. I don't see the same energy with this group. They are very good but they don't look like a final four team to me. I hope I am wrong (I often am).:(
it would be nearly impossible to replace the intensity that those two brought to the game, they were both rare players in that regard....you might want to view this year's group as just different....frankly I like the chemistry between the players so far this season, especially when you consider that it's a mix of all four classes......
Wow, how negative a Debbie Downer do you have to be to have Charlie try and cheer you up??? :eek:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
KLS has been rebounding more and that is really good for the team.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Again, people voicing their opinions on how well a team/player is in November, especially after 2 exhibitions and 2 season games or how far they will go is ludacris. Two weeks ago the debate was over who was going to be in the starting lineup (I believe Kyla had a lot of support, as did BatCam and even Olivia). So, with it still BEFORE Thanksgiving, I believe this team is again going to be well prepared for a long, winning season, just like every other Husky team since the mid 90s. But I agree with Nan, just put me out of my misery, at least until we have played 8 to 12 regular season games and the team has had a lot more time playing together.
Oh, and I still think Lou's soreness is due to a tat.:)
Speaking of tats . . .
It looks as though CW has a tat of a cross on her neck just below her left ear. Is this more change of philosophy?
:cool:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Speaking of tats . . .
It looks as though CW has a tat of a cross on her neck just below her left ear. Is this more change of philosophy?
I don't think so. She has one on her inside left forearm that she covers with black tape.

Reaction Score
Also was there on Saturday. The Crowd's "LOUUUUS" were not as enthusiastic and loud as usual. Maybe because they were all TWoooo's. What's up with these poorly attended games????

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Speaking of tats . . .
I asked about the cross during the Vanderbilt game...nobody answered.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Kia and Gabby also presided over two Final Four chokes. Maybe a different style of leadership will emerge that's better equipped for the spotlight.
Are you kidding me??? "presided over" two Final Four chokes???????? Not sure if that phrase has been used on this forum before, but may have. However, there are 5 players on the court, each one presiding over what is happening.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Also was there on Saturday. The Crowd's "LOUUUUS" were not as enthusiastic and loud as usual. Maybe because they were all TWoooo's. What's up with these poorly attended games????
Maybe because the game wasn't at Gampel and wasn't a marquee match up?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Oh, and I still think Lou's soreness is due to a tat.:)
Not sure if this was mentioned during the game chat or in the post game threads, but in the St. John's game, Lou's shoulder was not taped. So it is with a bit of sadness that I have to report that Lou does not have a visible Larry Bird tat on her bicep. :(

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me??? "presided over" two Final Four chokes???????? Not sure if that phrase has been used on this forum before, but may have. However, there are 5 players on the court, each one presiding over what is happening.
And coaches and the other team. I thought that comment was harsh when I first saw it, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving I deferred. Now that it is over, have at ya!

Reaction Score
It may be just my ‘glass half empty “ attitude but Lou just does not seem to be 100 percent. She has played well, but she seems off a bit. She does not appear to be any stronger than last year. She seems to be tiring. If you compare her to the way Pheesa has come into the year she is not the same. I am hoping that due to her medical problems she did not have a chance to work on strength, conditioning, and shooting.

I like your style Paisan

Reaction Score

No streak

Reaction Score
And coaches and the other team. I thought that comment was harsh when I first saw it, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving I deferred. Now that it is over, have at ya!
I thought it was harsh too, when applied to Kia and Gabby specifically. I'd say they were more like "total team" FF chokes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

The Jam events have been poorly attended as long as I can remember. The event is not held there for the crowds.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

The game wasn't "poorly attended." I think the arena was probably at 70 - 80% with most of the empties in the upper bowl and end zones. However, the crowd never really got into the game - other than some ref boos for a really bad call.

Reaction Score
I thought same thing - looked like 80-90% full. I went to St. Thomas the first time UConn played in it, and it was probably ~90% full then. The Cancun Challenge is poorly attended, though. Great OT game right now between DePaul & Syracuse, and there's no way even all the players' parents are there. Maybe 50-100 fans?

Reaction Score
It may be just my ‘glass half empty “ attitude but Lou just does not seem to be 100 percent. She has played well, but she seems off a bit. She does not appear to be any stronger than last year. She seems to be tiring. If you compare her to the way Pheesa has come into the year she is not the same. I am hoping that due to her medical problems she did not have a chance to work on strength, conditioning, and shooting.
Lou had major surgery on her ankle. While others were working out with trainers this summer, Lou was home rehabbing. She didn't get clearance to run until the end of the summer. And even at first night I don't think she was cleared for "contact". I think it will take a little time for her to get her "wind" back.

Lou is a little rusty (though you wouldn't have guessed it from first night's 3 point contest). She shot well against OSU, but not so well against Ole Miss and SJU. Though a shot fall here or there and we would be talking about how well she was shooting. She has looked a lot more mobile and aggressive on the court, more so than at any time last year.

The team as a whole is not playing "well". It seems to me they are playing a lot more zone defense than teams of old. Their half court offense really needs work. Any opponent that limits UConn transition will play UConn close, especially early in the season.

I expect the team to mature. If they are playing like this early February I will be worried.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom