Cupcake Update (Whaddyaknow!) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cupcake Update (Whaddyaknow!)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Asked and answered
That’s not what I said. Read better.

Edit: Actually I’ll help you, “We need to beat Alabama now.”

It’s also so early to be victory lapping that take, it’s laughable on your part. Do better.

Reaction Score
2010-11 you must have been bitching about this early OOC schedule for sure if you are this years.

How did that work out? Just play the schedule and get better as the season moves along. If you’re good enough good things will happen!
We also hosted Tennessee in January that year, which was awesome. Kemba hit a buzzer beater (at the half)

Would love to see January OOC games mixed in again.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We also hosted Tennessee in January that year, which was awesome. Kemba hit a buzzer beater (at the half)

Would love to see January OOC games mixed in again.
We played Texas on the road that year too.

Reaction Score
That’s not what I said. Read better.

Edit: Actually I’ll help you, “We need to beat Alabama now.”

It’s also so early to be victory lapping that take, it’s laughable on your part. Do better.

Where is UNC?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Where is UNC?

Did you know Iowa State is still 40th at Kenpom? Take a wild guess if North Carolina is over/under 40? Y’all really shouldn’t victory lap this take until Iowa State actually surpasses them in the metrics, but go off.

Reaction Score
How is Houston number 1 is my main question, there strength of schedule has been awful and they haven't blown out everyone like we have. I am just saying based on pure numbers I am surprised they are ahead of us

Reaction Score
Did you know Iowa State is still 40th at Kenpom? Take a wild guess if North Carolina is over/under 40? Y’all really shouldn’t victory lap this take until Iowa State actually surpasses them in the metrics, but go off.
Iowa State is 25 on Bart Torvik for this season, UNC is 54. And it's besides the point anyway because the reason you're getting attacked is your clownshow freak out about the Iowa State game not being a good win for us

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
AIC
Bridgeport
Stony Brook
Vermont
Maui (Wichita St, MSU, UK)
New Hampshire
UMBC
Farleigh Dickinson
Coppin St
Harvard

2010-11 you must have been bitching about this early OOC schedule for sure if you are this years.

How did that work out? Just play the schedule and get better as the season moves along. If you’re good enough good things will happen!

He was 4 years old in 2010, give him a break.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Iowa State is 25 on Bart Torvik for this season, UNC is 54. And it's besides the point anyway because the reason you're getting attacked is your clownshow freak out about the Iowa State game not being a good win for us
The post you responded to said there was someone who posted we should lose on purpose to face UNC, which I clearly never said. All I wagered is that UNC will be more valuable by years end, which can still very well be true.

The clown show is misrepresenting an argument I made 2 weeks ago, with an opinion that could’ve changed considering the added context around UNC.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
How is Houston number 1 is my main question, there strength of schedule has been awful and they haven't blown out everyone like we have. I am just saying based on pure numbers I am surprised they are ahead of us
last three full seasons hoosy has 9 tourney wins, elite 8, final 4, sweet sixteen.

sometimes, i wear a bowtie, and always, always, always, wear a breast white pocket handkerchief, tho folded with a flat top, and not a flourish.
u listening auggie doggy? a flourish can make u look like liberace, or the count of montecrisco. don't look like the count of montecrisco.
this guy also made micky d's commercials. i like him, except for that cranky role he had in the beagle movie. my k professor was similarily a putz, until i called him out, in private. after that, we got along fine as pie.
contracts perfessors are all blowhards. that's all they got cuz u can teach that stuff to grammar school kids in an afternoon. u know, offer, acceptance, consideration, and context.

Reaction Score
The post you responded to said there was someone who posted we should lose on purpose to face UNC, which I clearly never said. All I wagered is that UNC will be more valuable by years end, which can still very well be true.

The clown show is misrepresenting an argument I made 2 weeks ago, with an opinion that could’ve changed considering the added context around UNC.
Fair enough, I'll give you the chance to change your stance then. Still agree with your opinion attacking Benedict and Hurley about our clown schedule that's going to knock us down a seed-line because we played Iowa State instead of UNC in the 3rd game of our MTE?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Fair enough, I'll give you the chance to change your stance then. Still agree with your opinion attacking Benedict and Hurley about our clown schedule that's going to knock us down a seed-line because we played Iowa State instead of UNC in the 3rd game of our MTE?
At this point the schedule is looking better than it did to start the year, I’ll give them that. When I made that other post, I doubt anyone thought we might lose a total of 2-3ish games by seasons end. If we’re top 5 all season, I don’t think the schedule will matter for our seeding.

Reaction Score
We are ranked in the top 5 in the country, 4th in Kenpom, 2nd in NET, but can you imagine where we would be without this "clown schedule".........................
5th in the country

Reaction Score
If executives knew how good UConn was going to be, we'd have drawn Kansas or Texas rather than OSU in the challenge. Oh well. They aren't bad.

Can't get upset about Oregon, either. They were in a tournament where we should have played Oregon-Alabama-UNC. You take that chance every time.

The sub-300s are the problem. Not the P5s.
Thankfully, without catastrophic injuries, this team, this year...no problem. Yay.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
The funny thing is all the talking heads have talked about how good our schedule has been, I've yet to hear one say "oh they just played a bunch of cupcakes and it means nothing".

The trend here to consider each upcoming game important or significant in some way until afterwards at which point it becomes a nothingburger is just insane. I know the Boneyard is gonna Boneyard but come on peeps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom