CT's own Brian Dennehy RIP | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CT's own Brian Dennehy RIP

Reaction Score
Leaving out some sports greats. Calvin Murphy, Steve Young, Superjohn Williamson, Kaitlin(sp?) Bruce Jenner. Craig Janney, Dorothy Hammill.

Of course not a CT native, but why not claim Mark Twain? Harriet Beecher Stowe.
Bruce/Kaitlin went to my high school (Newtown). For many years the football stadium was even named after him. He never had any interest in returning though and being recognized. Seems like when he had a dick, he was one too.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Bruce/Kaitlin went to my high school (Newtown). For many years the football stadium was even named after him. He never had any interest in returning though and being recognized. Seems like when he had a dick, he was one too.

you think he is a c-word now?

Reaction Score
James Van Der Beek. From Cheshire and went to Cheshire Academy (my son's alma mater). NY Ranger Brian Leetch was a Cheshire guy, as well.

Sorry if this was mentioned; I didn't read through the whole thread.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
don't forget morgan bulkeley. he did everything, including a stint as the first president of the National League. Morgan Bulkeley - Wikipedia
and since she is the greatest actress ever, katey, might as well have the greatest actor ever, mentioned. ol' pauly newman, he of 'oscars' deli' in westport fame. take that! the greatest actor and actress ever! must be sumthin in the water.. and don't even think for a second that sam clemens was anything but a true blue nutmegger. to fully understand his role as numero uno personality on the planet, back in the day, is a worthwhile journey. for the unaware, a gentle backroads trip thruout the lower ct river valley and shoreline, will bring you by the homes of many on the world stage today. sometimes, they're at the local store. and then there were the times when frank sinatra, sammy davis, dean martin, and such would party it up at the terramar….regularly. I hear mr dennehy would swing the clubs every so often at the Harrisville golf course. friendly guy they say. rip.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Art Carney (Ed Norton from The Honeymooners) used to live in Westbrook. Met him walking his dogs on the beach when I was a kid.
Norton: "Hey Ralph, I just saw a yellow-bellied sapsucker!!!"

Ralph: "Norton, how the heck do you know it was a yellow-bellied sapsucker?"

Norton: "Well, it had a yellow belly and it was sucking sap!!"

Reaction Score
Egan’s family lived a few blocks up my street. Two other grads from my school a few decades ahead of me were Norman Lear and comedian/actor Louie Nye. From a very old era of show business and a true giant of the time, singer Sophie Tucker a/k/a the Last of the Red Hot Mamas (more for singing style than looks).
Tom Tryon from Hartford of the Stackpole, Moore & Tryon. Actor played lead in The Cardinal. Alongside The Duke in the movie In Harm's Way... Later became a writer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another name from the past is Ann Corio. She was a well known burlesque stripper and actress from Hartford. There was a hospital room with a plaque with her name on it at Hartford or St. Francis hospital that my grandfather stayed in. My father and uncles remembered her well.

Reaction Score
I have to confess, he was one of those celebrities I thought had already passed years ago possibly. Other CT notables:

Seth Macfarlane
John Mayer
George Springer
Jeff Bagwell

Yes, I hate to say it, but I swore that he died like 10 years ago? Maybe watching Tommy Boy so many times just made art into reality?

Reaction Score
Yes, I hate to say it, but I swore that he died like 10 years ago? Maybe watching Tommy Boy so many times just made art into reality?
Haha. Exactly, when big Tom had the heart attack, my mind gave me the lasting impression that Dennehy was gone.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dennehy used to go to Hartford Stage just to see the shows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom