Ct Gatorade player of the year? | The Boneyard

Ct Gatorade player of the year?

Reaction Score
The track record for players who have won this is very promising. People including Andre Drummond, Tre Mitchell, Tremont waters, Kris Dunn and many others have won this. Any thoughts on who it could be this year?

Reaction Score
I'd assume perhaps Matt Knowling at East Catholic. Best team perhaps, D1 commit to Yale.

Reaction Score
The track record for players who have won this is very promising. People including Andre Drummond, Tre Mitchell, Tremont waters, Kris Dunn and many others have won this. Any thoughts on who it could be this year?
Murray Williams, Chris Smith, Edmund Saunders, and a kid from Farmington whose name I can't remember won Gatorade state player of the year and went to UCONN

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
T
Murray Williams, Chris Smith, Edmund Saunders, and a kid from Farmington whose name I can't remember won Gatorade state player of the year and went to UCONN
Tim Abromaitis?

Reaction Score
A quick search shows Doug Wiggins and Craig Austre as well. If my memory serves me correctly Ruslan Inyatkin won over Marcus Camby and Tebucky Jones as well.

Reaction Score
Didn’t austrie as well?

Reaction Score
I remember at Nbhs gym, sean Ellison went up for a shot and tebucky swatted it so hard it bounced off the back wall behind the bleachers. Suffice to say , we went nuts in the crowd. I think I was only a freshman. But to answer the Farmington question I’m pretty sure it was Tim abromaitis

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Seeing a Abromitis win makes we wonder what happened to Roosevelt Lee? Kid was the consensus #1 player in the state by far that year.

what happened?

Reaction Score
Seeing a Abromitis win makes we wonder what happened to Roosevelt Lee? Kid was the consensus #1 player in the state by far that year.

what happened?

Both Roosevelt Lee and Charles Easterling were in the same class and were not only the two top players in the state, but the two of the top players I've ever played against including guys like Telfair and Luol Deng...Charles was better and probably the most unique talent I've been around.

Reaction Score
Both Roosevelt Lee and Charles Easterling were in the same class and were not only the two top players in the state, but the two of the top players I've ever played against including guys like Telfair and Luol Deng...Charles was better and probably the most unique talent I've been around.

Charles could get to the basket at will, he was so strong. The problem was he had virtually no outside shot. But man could he rebound for a guy his size.

Roosevelt Lee had NBA athleticism for sure. He was a parent at a young age and that limited his opportunities. Both of these guys put on a show at the Greater Hartford Pro Am for years.

Reaction Score
You can use this to search back to 1985.

Reaction Score
Clingan is putting up Alexinas numbers. He's my vote. (Clingan if you're reading this, Chuck ended up at UConn as well. He's still a hometown hero in Morris.)

Reaction Score

what happened?
He was #1 nationally above Lebron James early on. UNC was all over him then no idea what happened. Kills it in the Hartford pro am though

Reaction Score
My uncle who has ref'd over 30 years says Bobby Moore is the best he's seen. If I'm not mistaken he was ranked higher than Baron Davis

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
You are thinking of his father. His son Tim and Jason both went to Farmington and are from Farmington. Played with both
That's what happens when you get old and too much junk fills the trunk:)

Reaction Score
My uncle who has ref'd over 30 years says Bobby Moore is the best he's seen. If I'm not mistaken he was ranked higher than Baron Davis
I saw Bobby Moore play against Edmund and some other players in an all-star game. My buddy knew him from a camp and yelled to him why he hasn't dunked in the game. A few plays later Bobby Moore bounces it around his defender and catches it off the backboard for a dunk. It was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
You are thinking of his father. His son Tim and Jason both went to Farmington and are from Farmington. Played with both

Yeah saw Tim play his senior year vs my alma mater Maloney at NBHS in the state tourney a few years back. It was a great game, he was a player no doubt. You guys had a real nice team!

Reaction Score
I remember watching Konecny play at Holy Cross when he was committed to Syracuse - dude was a stretch 4 ahead of his time. Those Sacred Heart vs. Holy Cross games were loaded with talent. Konecny ended up leaving Syracuse during his freshman year under dubious circumstances IIRC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom