Ct Gatorade player of the year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ct Gatorade player of the year?

Reaction Score
My uncle who has ref'd over 30 years says Bobby Moore is the best he's seen. If I'm not mistaken he was ranked higher than Baron Davis

Bobby Moore was so good and a mini baron davis is actually a great comparison.

Reaction Score
A quick search shows Doug Wiggins and Craig Austre as well. If my memory serves me correctly Ruslan Inyatkin won over Marcus Camby and Tebucky Jones as well.
That is who I was thinking of from Farmington! Your memory is better than mine!

Reaction Score
Bobby Moore was so good and a mini baron davis is actually a great comparison.

I read about how good Bobby Moore was all the time. I only got to see him at the Greater Hartford Pro Am. He did not play well there at all in my opinion, perhaps he was well past his peak. I saw a very small guard who took lots of questionable shots, and didn't really look to get his teammates involved. I heard he could really score in his day though.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I don't know if they had player of the year in the 70's but I remember Soup Campbell being very highly rated. Anyone have any Soup info?

Reaction Score
I love BO but he was (is) definitely more of a streetball/isolation guy. He can still score at will in rec leagues in his 40s (not that it's saying much) without giving much effort. I've never seen a 5'6" guy get to the rim so easily and finish among the giants. I remember one AAU game he drove baseline, went up strong side and a help defender pinned the ball against the backboard. BO maintained control of the ball, while still hanging mid-air, and swept it around to the other side of the rim for the most ridiculous reverse layup I've seen in person. We played in him in HS when he was at West Haven (one of his many stops) he did almost nothing but Matt Turner (Boston U, IIRC) killed us. I went to a game at Cheshire Academy when Ricardo Greer (Pitt) was there and Bobby was at MCI. Absolutely ridiculous game all around. I'd guess both had over 40. Speaking of MCI, are they still relevant on the prep school scene? I haven't heard their name for a long time.

I was reasonably close with Konecny back in the day. He always struck me as a kid who didn't love basketball; he wasn't all that happy playing it. He was down or "blue" pretty often. His old man was a bear too, put a ton of pressure on him. There were rumors of substance abuse problems. It's a shame things went off the rails for him. He would have been a starter on Syracuse's '03 championship team. Kid had a lot of talent and potential. He was at Iona for a minute (never played) and then a few jucos. I think he played professionally in Puerto Rico or Mexico for a little while.

Reaction Score
Both Roosevelt Lee and Charles Easterling were in the same class and were not only the two top players in the state, but the two of the top players I've ever played against including guys like Telfair and Luol Deng...Charles was better and probably the most unique talent I've been around.
I agree. Charles Easterling was the most unique and unstoppable talent I've ever played against, and possibly the best high school player I've ever seen play. He was Big East talent and beyond...unfortunately it never panned out for him. People may know him better as "the beast".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom