CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CT Gatorade Player of the Year: Spencer Lockwood

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
yeah, that's what they say, but if you're not getting tuition & board you went to the wrong school. Everyone I know that played D3 football didn't pay for anything but books

well apparently your friends were the big poo lol, where did they go?

Reaction Score
Some notable recent winners are Zach Allen (New Canaan) @ BC and Ben Mason (Newtown) @ Michigan. Most end up playing FCS or lower though
Newsome was POY wasn't he?

Reaction Score
Just on the side lines here but you both make a point for Sportstart here. I wondered often how they did not get more use out of Robbie, as for Max it was mind boggling how he was never given more touches. His yards per carry were often more than those that started ahead of him.
Absolutely no spitting match with either of you, whaler or doctor just my 2 cents.

You're seriously wondering why Robbie Frey didn't get more touches from scrimmage? Seriously?

How about because in his 3 years at UConn he played behind Donald Brown, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman? Robbie was a great special teams player and a good TB, and had he come back for his senior year very well might have rushed for 1000 yards, but while he was here he didn't get carries because he was always playing behind an NFL Tailback.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're seriously wondering why Robbie Frey didn't get more touches from scrimmage? Seriously?

How about because in his 3 years at UConn he played behind Donald Brown, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman? Robbie was a great special teams player and a good TB, and had he come back for his senior year very well might have rushed for 1000 yards, but while he was here he didn't get carries because he was always playing behind an NFL Tailback.
Fully understand your questioning, I should have been more specific as I was thinking of only his last season and did not get detailed as a lawyer would. ;) I am well aware of the folks he played behind but I and I am sure many others thought that season Todman at times was over used and took a pounding. Would have to check the archives to see what the View From was at the time.
There were games where Todman had upwards of 35 carries and I remember at the time wondering how someone as good as Robbie did not get a few just to spell him.
In a bit of irony Todman averaged 5.1 yds per carry that year....Robbie averaged 5.2, thought they would compliment each other as Donald and Andre did. Nothing earth shattering but yes seriously I did think in both their last years he should have gotten more touches. My bad for not being more specific.
Will not go into my whine of Sherman not getting a few more flairs out of the backfield. He had great hands and could have had a couple a game for sure. Then again he has had a good career at what he was used for...

Reaction Score

But also. He was white. So there's that.

Reaction Score
@Jimmy Serrano
vybz-kartel-skin-lightening.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak