Crowd? | The Boneyard

Crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i know UCF isn't exactly Cuse or L'ville, but it seems even after going up by double digits, the crowd cheers for 2 seconds after a made bucket then is hush quiet until they score again. Anyone at the game confirm that? It just seems too dead for basically playing for the post season. Crowd needs more energy to help keep the momentum going from defense to offense and vice versa?

Reaction Score
Personal rule of thumb, ask about what you don't know. Read the post, I asked. Plus it's not hard to look at the student section on defense and see no one bouncing. Barely any noise on defense.

Tired of this forum being a dumping ground for ppl to call everyone else stupid for their thoughts. We're on the same side after all, save the hate for the Friar forum please.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Because you'd look like a lunatic standing and cheering with passion when you realize it's only UCF and then the memories of the old Big East hit in and a deep depression sets in, slowly forcing you back into your seat.

Reaction Score
Boneyard rule of thumb:

If you're not there yourself, you have little/no leverage to complain about the crowd.
Some of us live multiple time zones away from Storrs. Three in my case.

Reaction Score
My post wasn't intended to be that snippy. Didn't think it was. Think you read too much into that.

But to answer your question, the team has been underachieving all year. Maybe the crowd's frustrated with it. Who knows?

Reaction Score
Copy, apologize for the misread. I just wish we get back to the days where a big game is a big game, no matter the opponent. But i digress....

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Copy, apologize for the misread. I just wish we get back to the days where a big game is a big game, no matter the opponent. But i digress....
The problem is that before a big game feels like a big game, we actually need a big game. Feels like we haven't had a big matchup with real national implications in quite some time.

Reaction Score
The not being in the Big East excuse is getting old. If your a UConn fan then you should go to the games and should care less who they are playing.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Some of us live multiple time zones away from Storrs. Three in my case.
I got told the other day I was unable to say that Miller works harder than anyone else on the court most of the time because I don't get to go to games anymore.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and the crowd was very good. Somebody said the same thing about the SMU game as well. I noticed for some reason the audio of the crowd noise does not come across that good sometimes.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and the crowd was very good. Somebody said the same thing about the SMU game as well. I noticed for some reason the audio of the crowd noise does not come across that good sometimes.
Thanks for the input! Wish I could make a few games every year. Being stationed in Hawaii has many perks, traveling to Storrs however is not one of them.

Reaction Score
Just got home from the game, good crowd especially loud cheers for Phil and Omar on their exit!

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
For ucf crowd was all you could ask for. Big cheers for the seniors. Not like much of the rest of the team gave you much to get too loud for though. Don't blame this guy in 221 though.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 50

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
i know UCF isn't exactly Cuse or L'ville, but it seems even after going up by double digits, the crowd cheers for 2 seconds after a made bucket then is hush quiet until they score again. Anyone at the game confirm that? It just seems too dead for basically playing for the post season. Crowd needs more energy to help keep the momentum going from defense to offense and vice versa?
Saying ucf ain't cuse or the ville could be the understatement of the year by the way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Boneyard rule of thumb:

If you're not there yourself, you have little/no leverage to complain about the crowd.
DB answer if Ive ever seen one on here

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I got told the other day I was unable to say that Miller works harder than anyone else on the court most of the time because I don't get to go to games anymore.
a little sensitive crinkle? want the crying towel
You said you could judge someones effort and movement on TV as good as someone there live isolating on that player
You are crazy to think that
Was at the game today and 3 times KO and KH pleaded with SM to move to the ball and crash the boards
grow a pair

Reaction Score
The not being in the Big East excuse is getting old. If your a UConn fan then you should go to the games and should care less who they are playing.
Have you SEEN some of these programs they're rolling into our arena??

Reaction Score
When the 8th best team travels to the 6th best team's home arena in a mid major conference you know you're in for something special and electric.

Reaction Score
Boneyard rule of thumb:

Really don't like this reply, its such BS. There's only 10K seats there now let me know how many UConn fans there are? Also there's people who were going to the games and now are out of state or for other reasons lost their tickets. Anyone that is a fan can question the energy of the crowd, they don;t need to be there, that's crap. I thought they pretty much sucked to day too, there tell me I should just shut up because I was on couch if you wish.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Watched on TV. Audio was terrible. The announcers (putting me to sleep) seemed like two guys talking sports with the tv on low in the background. Terrible.

Reaction Score
Watched on TV. Audio was terrible. The announcers (putting me to sleep) seemed like two guys talking sports with the tv on low in the background. Terrible.

Huckabee, the Bristol Central kid/BC , is okay but he has no pizzaz. It was an all around dud of a telecast, kind of the way DHam started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom