Crowd? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really don't like this reply, its such BS. There's only 10K seats there now let me know how many UConn fans there are? Also there's people who were going to the games and now are out of state or for other reasons lost their tickets. Anyone that is a fan can question the energy of the crowd, they don;t need to be there, that's crap. I thought they pretty much sucked to day too, there tell me I should just shut up because I was on couch if you wish.

Can't believe some of you are getting that bent out of shape over that comment when we hear it all the time over on the football board. It wasn't even meant to be that harsh nor that serious, but, whatever.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
i know UCF isn't exactly Cuse or L'ville,

No. UCF has no outstanding NCAA violations that I know of.

Seriously, crowd was great for all the seniors and for the game until the lead was over 20. Then great again when Amilo & Noyes came in.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
How tiring is the "this conference sucks" meme when we come in 6th? We are not elite!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Games should be in Hartford.

I might have attended, at least I could get drunk

In all seriousness, these Sunday afternoon games are killing my productivity

Reaction Score
I was at the game! It was just about but not quite a full house and the crowd was fine. Wasn't the loudest crowd ever, (That would be the Syracuse game in Ollie's first year) but we were playing UCF. Come on!! If you're not there don't complain. And don't use the excuse that you couldn't get tickets. There were tickets to be had.

Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was fine considering: 1) it was UCF, and 2) we never really took control of the momentum without some screw ups. It was an ugly game and didn't feel like a 20 pt win. Applause for the seniors was great, especially Omar and Phil. They earned that.

Reaction Score
The crowd was fine, expected to win and saw that happen. Every senior got a loud ovation, including SM who had to be put back into the game late to be taken right back out after the next whistle. Maybe loudest after Brimah's fastbreak dunk. It wasn't electric but this matchup didn't warrant that. The halftime show with a woman on a 10 high unicycle throwing bowls on her head with her foot really impressed the crowd.

Reaction Score
Guys even at places like Duke, Kentucky, etc the fans aren't exactly going bonkers when the UCFs of the worlds come to town.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Wasn't a full house, not surprising because its UCF, BUT, surprising b/c it was senior night and we have some classy seniors on this team who deserve any and all respect they get from the fans. Seniors did get loud cheers from everyone that was there, real happy to see Calhoun have a good outing, couple great finishes in the paint with contact. Phil's mid range jumper putting him on the board was nice too and the bench loved it. Also Nnamdi getting on the board with his free throws was special.

As far as the crowd noise goes I didn't think it was overly quiet. The couple alley-oop dunks got the biggest cheers naturally, but overall wasn't really that exciting a game.....dunno what you expect, once you're up double digits against the likes of a UCF its not gonna sound like a madhouse

Reaction Score
I thought the gtown game during that massive snowstorm had the most energy of a game I went to this year and maybe last. Maybe Maryland at the garden but these games don't have nearly the electricity that there used to be back at the height of the big east. That doesn't mean I won't stop supporting or going to games but U'd be pretty naive to think that these games still have the buzz they once did. I know uconn isn't exactly lighting it up in the AAC, but between the announcers, the caliber of opppnents and overall the lack of media and buzz makes this conference pretty depressing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The crowd, especially the student sectioned seemed very into the game today (there was even a 'Thank you seniors' chant late in the game.

The only anomaly I noticed was there were a lot more elderly (I'm talking more than a decade older than my 55 years) in attendance than normal and they seemed to all leave in unison with a little less than four minutes left in the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...there were a lot more elderly (I'm talking more than a decade older than my 55 years) in attendance than normal...

Those people are what we call our season ticket "base". They don't like driving at night, especially out in the sticks. But Sunday afternoon? Perfect.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've had the same seats all season and made it to every weekend game at Gampel except Super Bowl Sunday. This was the first time any of them were there (at least near me) and they were there in droves.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
a little sensitive crinkle? want the crying towel
You said you could judge someones effort and movement on TV as good as someone there live isolating on that player
You are crazy to think that
Was at the game today and 3 times KO and KH pleaded with SM to move to the ball and crash the boards
grow a pair
This is a tangent of the, "I'm a better fan than you," fallacy and just as patently false.

There is hardly a terrible seat in the house and the example is magnified at XLC, but if understand this point correctly, the person with this seat...

...can better judge someone's effort and movement merely for being present in the building, than some one watching on TV? I don't think so.

The telecast is shot from the concourse at mid-court, which generally means that, unless the home viewer is watching in standard definition on an old Sony Watchman, they basically have a better view than everyone above the lower bowl...and even some below the concourse.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
This is a tangent of the, "I'm a better fan than you," fallacy and just as patently false.

There is hardly a terrible seat in the house and the example is magnified at XLC, but if understand this point correctly, the person with this seat...

...can better judge someone's effort and movement merely for being present in the building, than some one watching on TV? I don't think so.

The telecast is shot from the concourse at mid-court, which generally means that, unless the home viewer is watching in standard definition on an old Sony Watchman, they basically have a better view than everyone above the lower bowl...and even some below the concourse.
Thanks. I also never said that I can tell just as well as someone in the arena, but that I could tell, even on TV, that Miller consistently puts in more effort than most others on the team. I really don't think I'm wrong there. If I am, I'd rather be told who I'm forgetting instead of being told I'm wrong for thinking I can judge a team based on their performance on the television.

Reaction Score
i know UCF isn't exactly Cuse or L'ville, but it seems even after going up by double digits, the crowd cheers for 2 seconds after a made bucket then is hush quiet until they score again. Anyone at the game confirm that? It just seems too dead for basically playing for the post season. Crowd needs more energy to help keep the momentum going from defense to offense and vice versa?
the crowd can lift a team. But, talent usually wins out over crowd noise.

Reaction Score
Those people are what we call our season ticket "base". They don't like driving at night, especially out in the sticks. But Sunday afternoon? Perfect.
I am 70, my wife 68. We missed only one game. None on Campus. We did miss the GTOWN game because of the threat of a snow storm. Yes, the drive at nite is not easy. I come in from West Haven, so a night game on campus makes a late night. and rte 91 is never an easy drive.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
One person thought the crowd was weak and 3 pages later.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom