Crowd observations of Tulsa game... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Crowd observations of Tulsa game...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have a suggestion: put that homecoming tailgate in the student section end zone and at least you'll have all the male students in their seats for kickoff.

I'll pm you my mailing address to collect my Nobel Prize ....

It's funny because I was thinking a similar thing about putting that free concert inside the stadium instead of outside the gate. People could grab a concession beer and groove with the trumpet players...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm about to write this but one aspect of the solution might be less, as opposed to more, tailgate time (putting an entertaining product on the field in the lion's share of the solution, IMO.).

I'll be the first to admit that my TG group has fallen into the trap (with little hope of climbing out.), but for a 12:00 game I am awake and up between 5:00-5:30, finish packing the 4Runner and wheels up around 6:20 or so for a 6:50 arrival time at Margarita's to meet up and get in the parking lot by 7:00. I say that to say this...we do two full meals (breakfast and lunch) and munchies in between within 4 1/4 hours. Our MO is to get inside by the end of the National Anthem, but there is certainly a positive non-zero chance that the timing slips.

Less tailgate time means one meal and less food.

It worked in the early days of the Rent, when our core group was 3, and we were roasting hot dogs and cheeseburgers on a camping stove every week, while drinking Bud Light a 1/2 mile down the east runway. 15 years later, we typically run at least 8 deep and have the equivalent of a kitchen and living room.

Reaction Score
Also, the announcer needs to cool it with the “Another UConn First Down” thing. The crowd isn’t responsive and it is embarrassing every time.

That's because the crowd is deader than the team,.......talk about perception, its as if the team is playing in front of a bunch of deaf fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom