Cronin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cronin

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I never saw him behave classy or gracious until that remark.
We can all make fun of the angry leprechaun, but he is a good coach.

Reaction Score
I never saw him behave classy or gracious until that remark.
We can all make fun of the angry leprechaun, but he is a good coach.

I actually think Cincy is an excellent destination for basketball players, and that they can do better.

Reaction Score
The sad part is Cincy is the kind of team I'd like to cheer for....they aren't a bunch of 5 star McDonald All-Americans. Cincy is often made up of 4 year players who develop in the program. Cincy teams play hard, thrive on defense, and don't take plays off. I mean Clark had his tooth knocked out and didn't miss a beat. Cincy plays well disciplined, hard nosed basketball and is as close to an old Big East team as I've seen.

Yet Cronin is such an ass it is hard to not hate them. Cronin's constant temper tantrums and out of control demeanor on the side line seems to escalate Cincy games into a blood sport. IMO a lot of the player's actions on the court are derived by the coach. When the referees felt the last UConn-Cincy game was starting to slide out of control they should have turned to the coaches to help restore order. Instead, they allowed Cronin to continue to escalate the emotion and spin his players up even more. The end result was the referees taking the game over with foul calls and insuring an almost unwatchable game.

There is a lot of things to respect in Cincy's program...Mick Cronin's behavior is not one of them. Personally I was proud of UConn in the last game. They did not allow Cincy to bully them like in the prior 2 Cincy games.... I'd just as soon see our guys go out swinging (I mean that figuratively.)

Reaction Score
I like Cincy, I liked them when Chuggins was there and I really don't mind the little Mick, he is at least keeping them somewhat relevant which is huge for our little league.

Reaction Score
My question is ? How the hell did he get off the Lucky Charms box?

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Cronin is at it again: Mick-Cronin-Attacked-Four-Drunk-UCONN-Fans-AAC-Tournament

Borges replies that he needs to stop whining in public.

UConnblog says he watched Cronin walk by the hecklers and it wasn't confrontational at all.

I was on the floor 5 feet away from the confrontation next to the 4 drunk hecklers (yes, they were very drunk) but he could have just kept on walking... He chose to respond like a big baby, yelled back and laughed like madman. I could never see Ollie or any other classy coach respond this way.. Just keep walking and expect the heckling.. Was also right there on Sunday and uconn fan was sitting next to me all game.. He was just talking trash and security forced him out.. Cronin yapped back at him again.. I dislike that little leprechaun more and more everytime I see him..

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Asked for comments in the on-court interview, he praised Ollie and the team for what they accomplished under adverse circumstances this year. He spoke at length about it. In fact, it was almost all he said.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I was on the floor 5 feet away from the confrontation next to the 4 drunk hecklers (yes, they were very drunk) but he could have just kept on walking... He chose to respond like a big baby, yelled back and laughed like madman. I could never see Ollie or any other classy coach respond this way.. Just keep walking and expect the heckling.. Was also right there on Sunday and uconn fan was sitting next to me all game.. He was just talking trash and security forced him out.. Cronin yapped back at him again.. I dislike that little leprechaun more and more everytime I see him..
When Mick does stuff like that I roll my eyes. When other coaches do it, I think it's hilarious. Funny story, the year you all won the title with Kemba we played you late in the season at home. When the teams were going into the locker room, an old dude probably 60 years old sitting near us started heckling Calhoun. Calhoun verbally undressed the guy and this old dude had to the most hurt face I've ever seen. I guess he wasn't expecting Calhoun to say anything back. It was hysterical.

Reaction Score
kobe leet me ask you what you think about Kansas State now? They looked pretty damn good, especially offensively and like you guys they go after it on the offensive boards. I expect a slugfest.

Good luck, think you got screwed getting that match up as a 6.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
kobe leet me ask you what you think about Kansas State now? They looked pretty damn good, especially offensively and like you guys they go after it on the offensive boards. I expect a slugfest.

I like K State over UCLA.

Reaction Score
Be great to send the Alfords and that unlikeable Ball kid home early

Could force the father to lower his demand to $950M from $1B

Does he realize his middle son blows and the younger kid is the biggest jerk anywhere

I like K State over UCLA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Be great to send the Alfords and that unlikeable Ball kid home early

Could force the father to lower his demand to $950M from $1B

Does he realize his middle son blows and the younger kid is the biggest jerk anywhere
It's all a publicity stunt.

As for UCLA, they'll be looking ahead to UK for that rematch. I think whoever wins the dogfight between K State and Cincinnati will beat them. I want to say K State - Cincinnati cannot be that good if they almost lost to UConn.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like watching Cronin and I will root for Cincy now that we are done.

Cronin is Calhoun with Little Man Syndrome. And Calhoun didn't need a Little Man Syndrome to have a chip on his shoulder, so that means that Cronin has a little too much anger to give. Still, an entertaining watch and a guy who we'd love if he was our coach.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

A slightly weaker version of us. When they are at the best, they scare me though.

Reaction Score
A slightly weaker version of us. When they are at the best, they scare me though.

You guys will need to shoot it good more than likely. But the good news is you're a much better defensive team than Wake and I am not sure Stokes can do that to you guys.

Reaction Score
I like watching Cronin and I will root for Cincy now that we are done.

Cronin is Calhoun with Little Man Syndrome. And Calhoun didn't need a Little Man Syndrome to have a chip on his shoulder, so that means that Cronin has a little too much anger to give. Still, an entertaining watch and a guy who we'd love if he was our coach.

Calhoun was always gracious after a win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom