Cronin Chokes Again | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cronin Chokes Again

Reaction Score
WTF? I cannot believe this. This game was comfortably in hand when my phone died. Lol. I was thinking they had a run to the elite 8 in them with the way they were playing.

You should have seen it. Only worse choke I've seen was the Bills-Oilers playoff game in the 90s.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't think Cincy deserved a 2 this year. A 3 was probably the right place for them.

But they don't look at conferences. They look at individual resumes. If Coach X has us with some solid wins and whatnot next year, I'm not worried what the conference does to us in seeding.
Also, Wichita St. went 30-4 last season and was a 10 seed.

Reaction Score
You're kidding yourself if you think the committee doesn't have conference bias.
Just look at Syracuse. Despite being in the Sweet 16, there were more deserving teams than them for the tournament.
They had some good wins, a solid RPI, etc.

They were a legitimate bubble team that was the last team in. Seemed less egregious than Alabama.

PWS

Reaction Score
I said it earlier in the year. Cincinnati has no point guard. You can get by in the AAC w 4 really good players, but you are not winning tight NCAA games with Justin Jennifer & Cane Brome. The panic in the last 4 minutes was pitiful. Dare I say Antwoine A is as good as those 2.

Reaction Score
Also, Wichita St. went 30-4 last season and was a 10 seed.
Who did they play and who did they beat?

Look at their schedule last year. It was horrible, stuffed with sub-150, sub-200 teams.

They had more losses this year but a better seed because they played better teams.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Who did they play and who did they beat?

Look at their schedule last year. It was horrible, stuffed with sub-150, sub-200 teams.

They had more losses this year but a better seed because they played better teams.
And that is kind of feeding my argument-
If Cinci goes 30-4 again and doesn't have a real quality ranked win outside of the AAC, they won't be a 2 seed again. The committee will not respect the AAC as much is my guess. Just like they don't respect the MVC. (Obviously the AAC is better than the MVC by far, but you get the point).

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
This is totally my fault. When they were up 22, I started constructing a post in my head for the "Is Hurley Really The Answer' thread that went something like 'I guess we can cross Musselman off the list if he loses to Cincy by 20+'

Sorry @kobe

Reaction Score
If Cinci goes 30-4 again and doesn't have a real quality ranked win outside of the AAC, they won't be a 2 seed again. The committee will not respect the AAC as much is my guess. Just like they don't respect the MVC. (Obviously the AAC is better than the MVC by far, but you get the point).
But they shouldn't have gotten the 2 this year. A league needs quality wins outside the conference for any wins inside to matter. This year the league's RPI was better than it has been. I think it will be better going forward when UConn and Memphis no longer suck.

Reaction Score
I really hoped for a good showing by Cincy. The AAC has some momentum and these tourney flame outs are a killer. Is it the weakness of the conference not preparing teams or dumb luck?
Cincy = the old Pitt teams...Built on physicality. The NCAA refs don’t handle that well and quick teams can compete.

Reaction Score
Cincy = the old Pitt teams...Built on physicality. The NCAA refs don’t handle that well and quick teams can compete.

That's an insult to the old Pitt teams.

They made it to the Sweet 16. A couples of times. Even came a buzzer beater from the Final 4.

Reaction Score
Can we stop with the delusional talk that this conference is not killing us

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I honestly think the weakness of the conference has a lot to do with it. Just look at Gorgonzola for example. All those years where they dominated the regular season and went into the tournament with a top 3-4 seed and they only have made 1 Final Four. Thats what I feared most about being in the AAC back when it was first formed.

On the other side of the coin you have Syracuse. Not a great resume coming into the tournament but their SOS was strong playing in the ACC and playing an actual tough OOC schedule. Now they are in the Sweet 16 and this is now considered a great year for them...and they just did the same thing 2 years ago.

I agree with your point, but Syracuse advances in the early rounds because teams who haven't seen them struggle with the zone.

Usually, good teams like MSU get past that. Weird outcome that game. Though Syracuse is really really long this year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Depends if teams like UCONN and Memphis turn things around. Rising tide lifts all boats.

Reaction Score
7EC5F920-2CF6-4DB8-ADFB-75505B28CE57.png

Reaction Score
Hypothetically speaking, if Cronin gets fired (highly unlikely), does UConn dabble?

Reaction Score
Maybe Va shouldn’t ever be granted a 1 seed again?

Reaction Score
Hypothetically speaking, if Cronin gets fired (highly unlikely), does UConn dabble?

We probably wouldn't but I bet if we did, he'd get us to the Final Four. It's just the kind of kick they'd deserve for firing him. Cincy fans need to keep being patient. There are maybe 3-4 coaches certain to be as good or better than Cronin in all of college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom