Cronin Chokes Again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cronin Chokes Again

Reaction Score
He is anything but relaxed and confident down stretch. His team plays tight and dumb and musslemen just owned him. With Loyola next round they could not have asked for an easier road to elite eight.

This conference does itself no favors in March that is fo sho

Did you see how he was yelling at one of his players in the last few minutes? Calhoun was intense, but he always seemed to chill out in the tourney and his teams seemed to play lose and confident.

Reaction Score
Are the other ASC teams choking to keep Hurley and other good coaches away?

Just being dramatic.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Cronin in March:
48428F2F-BC5B-4458-8C90-0D9F0314AB55.gif

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can dominate in conference but can't get it done in the Big Dance. Some coaches just not good when the pressure is on. Up 22 with 11 minutes and blows it!
We don’t believe in bad mouthing coaches here.

Reaction Score
I really hoped for a good showing by Cincy. The AAC has some momentum and these tourney flame outs are a killer. Is it the weakness of the conference not preparing teams or dumb luck?
I honestly think the weakness of the conference has a lot to do with it. Just look at Gonzaga for example. All those years where they dominated the regular season and went into the tournament with a top 3-4 seed and they only have made 1 Final Four. Thats what I feared most about being in the AAC back when it was first formed.

On the other side of the coin you have Syracuse. Not a great resume coming into the tournament but their SOS was strong playing in the ACC and playing an actual tough OOC schedule. Now they are in the Sweet 16 and this is now considered a great year for them...and they just did the same thing 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
That offensive foul call on Broome on the handoff to Evans up 5 with 2 min left was a killer (and pretty questionable).

Also can't believe only Broome got a touch on the last possession out of a timeout. Should have just let them play.

Reaction Score
I honestly think the weakness of the conference has a lot to do with it. Just look at Gorgonzola for example. All those years where they dominated the regular season and went into the tournament with a top 3-4 seed and they only have made 1 Final Four. Thats what I feared most about being in the AAC back when it was first formed.

On the other side of the coin you have Syracuse. Not a great resume coming into the tournament but their SOS was strong playing in the ACC and playing an actual tough OOC schedule. Now they are in the Sweet 16 and this is now considered a great year for them...and they just did the same thing 2 years ago.

Yeah that logic really works with the acc’s top 2 teams getting blown out by a 16 seed and a 7 seed.

Reaction Score
The committee is going to look at AAC bubble teams next year and laugh.
That's not how this works.

Villanova kept getting high seeds every year and getting bounced. Everyone said: "Next year the committee will see this and laugh" and then they got a 1 or 2 again, and again and again. And lost and lost until suddenly they didn't.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
That's not how this works.

Villanova kept getting high seeds every year and getting bounced. Everyone said: "Next year the committee will see this and laugh" and then they got a 1 or 2 again, and again and again. And lost and lost until suddenly they didn't.
Sorry, I should rephrase. They are going to laugh at the thought of a good AAC team getting anything above a 4 seed. Unless they have an outstanding season with a lot of quality wins.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I should rephrase. They are going to laugh at the thought of a good AAC team getting anything above a 4 seed. Unless they have an outstanding season with a lot of quality wins.
I don't think Cincy deserved a 2 this year. A 3 was probably the right place for them.

But they don't look at conferences. They look at individual resumes. If Coach X has us with some solid wins and whatnot next year, I'm not worried what the conference does to us in seeding.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't think Cincy deserved a 2 this year. A 3 was probably the right place for them.

But they don't look at conferences. They look at individual resumes. If Coach X has us with some solid wins and whatnot next year, I'm not worried what the conference does to us in seeding.
You're kidding yourself if you think the committee doesn't have conference bias.
Just look at Syracuse. Despite being in the Sweet 16, there were more deserving teams than them for the tournament.

Reaction Score
WTF? I cannot believe this. This game was comfortably in hand when my phone died. Lol. I was thinking they had a run to the elite 8 in them with the way they were playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom