Creighton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The X factor for Creighton has been McDermott. I am hoping to see DH change some things up. Show them a few wrinkles. They will have a very focused game plan designed for UConn like last time.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see where the line ends up.

We were -10.5 vs. Creighton, which was laughably inflated and we never came close to covering.

Figure that result would bump it down a few points. Going on the road instead of home is about a 6-point swing.

But they've lost Nembhart and got blown out at Providence, while we're rolling.

I think it'll be something like UConn -5. Not sure which side I'd want to be on.

Reaction Score
feel bad for creighton. think w.o nembard they lose their last 3 games of the season, falling all the way from the #3 seed to #6 in the matter of 2 weeks, setting up a second round matchup with us. idk if they even make the big dance if that's how it plays out.

1 PC
2 Nova
3 UConn
4 MU
5 Hall
6 Creighton

Reaction Score
feel bad for creighton. think w.o nembard they lose their last 3 games of the season, falling all the way from the #3 seed to #6 in the matter of 2 weeks, setting up a second round matchup with us. idk if they even make the big dance if that's how it plays out.

1 PC
2 Nova
3 UConn
4 MU
5 Hall
6 Creighton
IF that happens (and that's a big "if" (see what I did there?)), that could be very good for UConn. If they lose all those games, it could be an indication that they really just can't compete without Nembhard, and it could give us an "easy" opponent in the quarterfinal.

Of course, they'll probably lose all those games, but figure out how to play without Nembhard just in time to knock us out of the BET :-(

Reaction Score
that could be very good for UConn
agreed. i'm not looking ahead to the BE finals. I want to win our 3v6 matchup and with Hall playing well again i think creighton, sans nembard, is the team we want to see.

Reaction Score
agreed. i'm not looking ahead to the BE finals. I want to win our 3v6 matchup and with Hall playing well again i think creighton, sans nembard, is the team we want to see.
I don't want an easy opponent, I want Seton Hall in the 3/6 game so we can keep padding our resume and improve our seed

Reaction Score
Not sure Senior Night is always an advantage. Emotions are high and the urge to feed the Seniors could be a negative for the home team.

Reaction Score
If Whaley is able to hit one or two 3's early this thing is a done deal. Getting Whaley's man to come out to the perimeter will be key. That's how Creighton won last time.

Reaction Score
I don't want an easy opponent, I want Seton Hall in the 3/6 game so we can keep padding our resume and improve our seed
unless we win the BET, or lose our first game of the BET, i think we're securely a 4. but the odds of losing our first game to Hall are greater than winning the whole thing, so I want to lock at least a 4 seed up with a win against Creighton and then try to improve our seeding against Nova/PC.

Reaction Score
There’s a very good chance we play them again in the tournament. If we win, I think most likely they’ll end as a 6 seed and it’ll be in the 3 vs 6 matchup. If we lose Wednesday instead, it’ll be a 4 vs 5 seed in the tournament. So overall game Wednesday, may not have a huge affect on seeding in the tournament for us, but obviously we’ll want to beat the team we’ll be playing again in the Tourney.

All this is assuming Marquette and Seton Hall win against St John’s and Creighton respectively. Those are gonna be close games, especially Seton Hall at Creighton, which will have huge seeding implications between a bye and a 6 seed, so I expect a very good game. Will be fun to watch, but will certainly be rooting for

If Whaley is able to hit one or two 3's early this thing is a done deal. Getting Whaley's man to come out to the perimeter will be key. That's how Creighton won last time.
Or play more : Cole, Jackson, Martin, Hawkins/Polley, Sanogo/Whaley

Reaction Score
I want this game even more than I wanted the Nova game.

Creighton irks me a ton and has had our number. And we haven't been world beaters on the road. we have a couple decent ones but I want more. It just feels like there are two mountains to climb here the Creighton curse, and a really solid road win to add to the Marquette one.
This is how I feel exactly. I'd hate to trade home/away wins with the better teams in our conference.

Reaction Score
Fellas, it’s not Senior Night.

That’s Saturday at home against Hall.

However there will still probably be a packed house. Everyone knows what’s at stake, and Mac just called out the fans to show up and go nuts in his Friar postgame.

Plus this is really the first chance everyone here gets to see you guys, last year we had like 10 percent capacity or something. No one is going to miss the chance to punch our ticket and top you guys to do it.

I can’t wait.

Reaction Score

1 PC
2 Nova
3 UConn
4 MU
5 Hall
6 Creighton
That would suck for them if true. But I think kalkbrenner, Hawkins, Alexander are enough to stay competitive. They are well coached too. We have faced a few teams over the years where the key guy was out and somehow the 7th man, who is 1/32 from 3pt on the year, goes 5/7 from deep with 23 points.

Reaction Score
Could see UConn putting a beatdown on Creighton. Nembhard is a big loss, they really don't have a point guard outside of him.

Reaction Score
McDermott is arguably the second best coach in the conference after Wright and we still have a bagel in the win column against these guys. You’ve got to believe he’s coming up with something to make our lives hell, Nembhard or not. Either we’re able to adjust or it’s another rock fight, but I think it’s a mistake to view the win as a given.

Reaction Score
Could see UConn putting a beatdown on Creighton. Nembhard is a big loss, they really don't have a point guard outside of him.
I would love for UConn to do that. Nembhard is a big loss, but that team goes as Ryan Hawkins goes. If he plays well they usually win, if he plays poorly they lose. Look at his game log, but you can just look at his game against UConn where he had 25 pts and 12 reb versus 3 days later at Seton Hall he had 2 pts and 1 reb. He also didn’t do to hot at Hinkle FH where Butler won by 17 pts

Reaction Score
McDermott is arguably the second best coach in the conference after Wright and we still have a bagel in the win column against these guys. You’ve got to believe he’s coming up with something to make our lives hell, Nembhard or not. Either we’re able to adjust or it’s another rock fight, but I think it’s a mistake to view the win as a given.
Oh it sure as hell isn’t a given to get A win against Creighton.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see where the line ends up.

We were -10.5 vs. Creighton, which was laughably inflated and we never came close to covering.

Figure that result would bump it down a few points. Going on the road instead of home is about a 6-point swing.

But they've lost Nembhart and got blown out at Providence, while we're rolling.

I think it'll be something like UConn -5. Not sure which side I'd want to be on.
Creighton scored 59 points. They were off a 17 point loss to Butler and a 12 point loss to Xavier and followed up our game with a 19 point loss to SH. The line was what it should have been. UConn covers with a B performance, problem is they played the worst game they have all year. It happens.

My guess is you will say you are hammering Creighton and if UConn covers say you took UConn the middle of the game. It is your MO.

Reaction Score
Reallyyyyyyy need this win so we get the 3 seed and get the 9pm game on Friday (if we win the Thursday game.) I won’t have to take off work, I can just do the dash to MSG and be fine.

Although losing and getting a 4 seed getting to potentially face Providence in the semis instead of nova is not the worst thing ever.

Reaction Score
Not sure Senior Night is always an advantage. Emotions are high and the urge to feed the Seniors could be a negative for the home team.
Serious question. Are Seniors who were recognized last year going to be recognized again this year?

Reaction Score
I've been really impressed yet again by McDermott's work this year, but just awful timing with the Nembhard injury, especially with Shereef Michell out too.

Check out the box score:

1646091350373.png

That's just 4 assists and 8 TOs for 19 made FGs.

When a bad three point shooting team (30.8%, 306th in nation) loses their PG, any team is in deep doo doo.

Reaction Score
Creighton scored 59 points. They were off a 17 point loss to Butler and a 12 point loss to Xavier and followed up our game with a 19 point loss to SH. The line was what it should have been. UConn covers with a B performance, problem is they played the worst game they have all year. It happens.

My guess is you will say you are hammering Creighton and if UConn covers say you took UConn the middle of the game. It is your MO.
This is in fact my betting strategy and I'm up about 60% in a month but by all means mock me for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom