Creighton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Creighton

Reaction Score
Marquette had Nova’s number. Creighton has had our number. Kudos to them. Happens. But all good things must come to an end. Should be a good crowd and Creighton has been solid as of late except for the Providence game.

Reaction Score
Could see UConn putting a beatdown on Creighton. Nembhard is a big loss, they really don't have a point guard outside of him.
Let’s see they beat us by dictating tempo and making us play half court .
Their PG and best ball handler is hurt .
Pressure is a way to speed up the tempo
Let me give this some though.

Reaction Score
Not sure Senior Night is always an advantage. Emotions are high and the urge to feed the Seniors could be a negative for the home team.
From a coaching game day perspective, I know both Jim and Geno use to dread Senior Night, if it was viewed to be a competitive game. I know the WBB fans don’t want to hear this. It’s right up with First Night as sacred.

Reaction Score
IF that happens (and that's a big "if" (see what I did there?)), that could be very good for UConn. If they lose all those games, it could be an indication that they really just can't compete without Nembhard, and it could give us an "easy" opponent in the quarterfinal.

Of course, they'll probably lose all those games, but figure out how to play without Nembhard just in time to knock us out of the BET :-(
First game in the tournament is always dicey. I remember struggling against Seton Hall in 1990 and on a few other occasions when the other team had a first round game and we had the bye.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
^^^bingo - should still win, but this should be close. Be surprised if the spread was more than a few points in our direction
Senior night for who? Nate Miles was on campus longer than O’Connell and Hawkins.

Reaction Score
McDermott owns Hurley. No Nembhard helps and the team is playing better but I have anxiety about this one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have anxiety about every game. Especially road games. No wins are a given.
Even so, my anxiety feels generic. I think we're just good and are going to continue to play well. And on a given night when a couple of regulars aren't hitting their averages, those numbers will come from somebody else. This is a healthy team, and not just physically.

Reaction Score
First game in the tournament is always dicey. I remember struggling against Seton Hall in 1990 and on a few other occasions when the other team had a first round game and we had the bye.
I think you meant 99. I was at that game and it was torture.

Reaction Score
We can say we struggle with Creighton and that may be true but right now our sample size is a few games where they were favored and one where we just didnt play our best game. I think if we continue to losing to creighton over the next few years we can say that but right now the sample size is to small

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We can say we struggle with Creighton and that may be true but right now our sample size is a few games where they were favored and one where we just didnt play our best game. I think if we continue to losing to creighton over the next few years we can say that but right now the sample size is to small
You have another big East team we’ve lost 4 games to in last 14 months?

Reaction Score
You have another big East team we’ve lost 4 games to in last 14 months?
So Creighton owns us, we own Marquette, and Nova owned us till they didn't. I get that right?

August_West

Reaction Score
So Creighton owns us, we own Marquette, and Nova owned us till they didn't. I get that right?
Correct. And tomorrow we correct that.

Reaction Score
Correct. And tomorrow we correct that
Butler too. They seem to drive everyone else up the wall (except for maybe Nova) but we basically just shrug our shoulders every time we play them, like playing against your kid brother.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'd like to be able to book my flight to the BET. So I hope we get it done.

August_West

Reaction Score
If Whaley is able to hit one or two 3's early this thing is a done deal. Getting Whaley's man to come out to the perimeter will be key. That's how Creighton won last time.
Conversely, if McDermott decides to leave Whaley open like he did in Hartford even after making a couple , Whaley should take 20 threes . I’m serious.

Reaction Score
Yes, Whaley needs to look for his shot much more and even drive if not to far from the hoop. This loosens up a lot of offense. For too much of this season he is a pass first player. Love to see him shoot along with his follow-ups if needed.

Reaction Score
In honor of what I consider the first real home game hosting UConn, I decided to watch the old Budweiser commercial they used to play before games on the big screen during our Mo Valley days. Never thought we would get to host these kinds of programs and that Georgetown would be considered a cupcake!

Reaction Score
I hope no one thought a Hurley team was gonna lay down and die…hereeee come those huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom