Creighton vs UConn - Game Analysis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Creighton vs UConn - Game Analysis

Reaction Score
My forecast is the starting 5 will play close to 35 mins each. Ayanna and Inês will need to be mentally ready for 25-30 mins between them. I think Nika Lou Aaliyah Caroline Dorka are in game shape for this. This will be an excellent test for the entire team.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I had UConn by 14 before the news that Aubrey Griffin was going to a "dnp" due to COVID 19. This game just got a whole lot tougher. As I said in my analysis this is a tough, team who takes care of the basketball. They are well coached and they will exploit UConn's absences. I should change my prognosis to a 6 point game but I put all my money on 14 black so I will let it ride and hope other players step up to fill the void left by Aubrey.

When will the "basketball gods" give UConn a break?

Reaction Score
I like Coach Flannery and what he has done at Creighton... but it seems he has used the same line often... i.e., some form of... we dont want the Big East to be UCONN and the 10 little sisters.

Don't degrade what you developed there Coach F.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have not read all the other comments this morning. Do we know if Amari has joined the team yet?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Since the game is at 8:30 pm...I am going to guess that she will make it in time.

Reaction Score
Thats not how knee injuries work. Recovering is just as much mental as physical.
I certainly understand that. Been through my own serious issues, and mentally ready is different for everyone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I certainly understand that. Been through my own serious issues, and mentally ready is different for everyone.
Some young people have very light cases with few lingering symptoms. My two twenty-something sons thought they had a mild cold and were fine in 3 days

Reaction Score
Some young people have very light cases with few lingering symptoms. My two twenty-something sons thought they had a mild cold and were fine in 3 days
Great, but this was about knee injuries. ;^)

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn’t stop the bleeding in regards to turnovers it’ll be a very tight game.
Great point! This imo is really the key to our season! If we can get 100% healthy and get our turnovers down to 12-14 per game, we will be a tough out for anyone, including Stanford and South Carolina. Giving other teams extra opportunities; turnovers, offensive boards, and steals, is something we just cannot afford, especially against teams that are actually capable of beating us straight up! Azzi’s return should help some but the whole team needs to make a point of valuing the ball a little more.

Reaction Score
Aren't turnovers a function of the difference between teams, when they occur in the game and who converts on such turnovers?? We're playing an experienced squad this evening who have played together many games. Our starters this evening have also played together a lot. Controlling the offensive boards are likely to determine the outcome. Play to our strengths. UConn by 10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom