Creighton Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Creighton Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Yup. She’s a freshman 3 games in after a screwed up preseason. It’s way too soon to draw conclusions. She clearly could eat up hs competition with he athleticism. I’d be surprised if she doesn’t become a good contributor. This is a pretty crowded team so I’d guess the younger players especially are anxious to do too much in the minutes they get. I don’t know that she’s in the doghouse. She just migh one teaching time. We shall see.
Agree. She's just in an adjustment period. IMO a lot of people are overreacting. Maybe if our world had a bit more consequences, we'd all be better off. I predict she'll get it and sooner rather than later.
I can interject a bit of background. I taught in Baltimore City for two years and I had a basement apartment in Roland Park. Nicest neighborhood in the City. She went to Roland Park Country School. Private school k-12, with about 600 students, or graduating class of 60. Costs $25,000 a year to go there. Private schools in Baltimore are spectacular, like cathedrals, examples Gilman for boys, Bryn Mawr for girls (sister school of Roland Park). She's actually from Owings Mills, which is a nice suburb of Baltimore. So, make your own thoughts about the player. The HS sports would have been serious. These schools are competitive. Facilities are ridiculous. (I watch a lot of British PBS series, like Endeavor and these schools remind me of Cambridge vs Oxford type stuff. These HSs probably even have rowing teams. Anyway, public vs private. Do the math. Have fun!

Reaction Score
Thanks for your reply Jingo! I think the step thru is what I called the up and under. I don't remember a baby right hook. Do you remember at what approx time she did this? That would be amazing if she had this in her arsenal! I did mention she hit her jumpers.

Liv was 'kid dy-no-mite' as JJ used to say on 'Good Times'!! :)
Hey Jazz .. there was 7:40 to go in the 3rd quarter when Liv executed her step-thru move and attempted a baby right-hand hook shot but got fouled and went to the line ..
Good analysis .. esp detailing Liz' versatility .. but you failed to mention that 'step-thru' and baby right hook shot that she got fouled on; and most notably, the several jumpers she hit from 'distance', one of then a trey.
Anyway, thanks for the insights!
There were a bunch of things Liv did yesterday that will be effective against any opponent. First and most importantly, was her variety of shots. She went over her left shoulder three times. Once with and up and under, another time with a little mini hook. I'd never seen that mini hook before. It was glorious. I kept asking during the chat who was this imposter at the 5 I was seeing. Second was her outside shooting. I said in the chat that her shot has change since the first two games. Liv has altered her release point making it higher, and that's on both her outside shot and her FT's. If, and I say if, this is not an anomaly, Liv is going to be difficult to guard. Because, third, she runs the floor as well or better than any 5 in WCBB. Her hands are soft and her body control is really phenomenal. Her passing is stellar. These are all effective foils against all of the better 5's in WCBB. For me it was her best offensive game in her WCBB career.

As an aside I was enthused by the fact that on a night where Paige, CW and Evina didn't score much the team still scored 80 points. Ultimately the time will come when all of these guys are clicking at once, but this would never have happened early in the season, say, against Louisville. But by the time they play Baylor this could be a very dangerous team.
Very good analysis .. spot on!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
There were a bunch of things Liv did yesterday that will be effective against any opponent. First and most importantly, was her variety of shots. She went over her left shoulder three times. Once with and up and under, another time with a little mini hook. I'd never seen that mini hook before. It was glorious. I kept asking during the chat who was this imposter at the 5 I was seeing. Second was her outside shooting. I said in the chat that her shot has change since the first two games. Liv has altered her release point making it higher, and that's on both her outside shot and her FT's. If, and I say if, this is not an anomaly, Liv is going to be difficult to guard. Because, third, she runs the floor as well or better than any 5 in WCBB. Her hands are soft and her body control is really phenomenal. Her passing is stellar. These are all effective foils against all of the better 5's in WCBB. For me it was her best offensive game in her WCBB career.

As an aside I was enthused by the fact that on a night where Paige, CW and Evina didn't score much the team still scored 80 points. Ultimately the time will come when all of these guys are clicking at once, but this would never have happened early in the season, say, against Louisville. But by the time they play Baylor this could be a very dangerous team.
Yes. I can see all that you, @jaundicedeye, and others point out. I'm reviewing my perspective on Liv. Maybe I'm stuck in a power post rut and trying to turn Liv into the second coming of Stef. I do wonder how she's going to handle the big posts like Boston and Cunane. And perhaps they wonder how they are going to handle the size and agility of Liv. Offensively it could come down to a stand off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom