Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Too bad for BE and Creighton that McDermott may bail at seasons end for the right P4 job...near top of most lists.

Reaction Score
Ashworth finally adjusting to this level of play is huge for them. That spread floor is impossible to guard when nobody can miss. Strange Newtons 2 best games this season came in loses, that must sting.
Funnily enough I don’t really think it is strange. Both Kansas and Creighton made it a point to force our shooters off the line, taking focus off Newton. He attacked really well both games because his defender was mostly left on an island.

Reaction Score
They made everything they looked there’s not a lot you can do. They were better than our guys, their coach had his team more prepared with a solid game plan keeping Alex and Cam out if the offense.

Next
They were wide open a lot. We were slow to rotate, over helped and didn’t fight thru screens.

Reaction Score
What was a little concerning also was that Clingan seemed to be playing through pain. I hope he is alright. We can't lose him.

Reaction Score
A lot to learn from that game, guarded us really well on the perimeter and we couldn't punish them inside enough for it because of Kalk. Marquette hangover on short turnaround, we'll be fine.

Reaction Score
Villanova only won by 1, Seton Hall smashed them by double digits, Marquette on the road and haven’t beat a ranked road team in 10 years.

Looks like getting a win at rival Providence will be needed just to get a share of the Big East regular season or get some help
Marquette still has to play at Creighton and against Providence and Xavier twice. Some tough games remaining for them too.

Reaction Score
Totally agree on Karaban. He becomes invisible at times and does seem almost lost and not involved. Tough way to describe him, as I love him as a player, but not sure why he seems to disappear more this year. Hopefully, he figures it out and goes on a big scoring run.

Cam didn't even really try to do that, I think he had Kalkbrenner in his head. Really rough game for Cam and AK. They both struggled mightily of defense tonight, especially Cam and they didn't exert their will on the game offensively. I don't get it with AK, he's so damn good but sometimes I forget he's even on the court. He's too good to go invisible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot to learn from that game, guarded us really well on the perimeter and we couldn't punish them inside enough for it because of Kalk. Marquette hangover on short turnaround, we'll be fine.
I agree that fatigue from that game 2 days ago was a factor.

Reaction Score
What nonsense: there is no such thing a “mojo.” Bad play created the loss, not whacky superstitious rubbish.
I don’t know man.
When I was in Hawaii I found a tiki idol and bad things happened to me and whoever had it on them. I even wiped out surfing while it was hanging around my neck. That tiki idol was bad mojo all around.

When I went into a cave to return it, I was held captive by an archeologist. Luckily, the beans that he was cooking started burning so I was able to get away.
Thankfully, all the bad mojo stopped once I left that idol in the cave.

Reaction Score
This was his worst game as a Husky, bar none. He played good D on Schiermann for a half. He was not good.

Creighton brought the haymakers early and man oh man did they catch fire.

Expected a tough showing after all momentum, energy and effort poured into Marquette…but not this bad.They suffocated us on the three point line, the same thing SH did.

TNew had to pull a Jalen Adams tonight just to keep us actually getting shots up.

In a massive game with Clingan and Kalk, one gets the soft whistle and one gets the quick whistle. Odd choice by the zebras.

Either way, it gives Danny all the fuel we need.

Can’t wait to see us rebound for gameday on Saturday.

No one helped Newton tonight. Just a pathetic effort on defense. Even though we already played each other it was like we never scouted them. Need to win one of the 2 remaining road games as all BE road wins so far have been against middle of the pack teams.
Yes, Newton kept them in the game, but he was also part of the problem: he was 10-21 and 2-8 from 3 and had 2 TOs. We only played 7 players most of the game. Stewart played only 6 mins and Solo 1 min at the end of the game. Johnson played 12 mins, had 0 pts, 0 Rebounds, 1 Assist and 4 fouls....a very unsatisfactory effort. Cam and AK combined for 13 pts on 15 shots. And DC sat for most of the 1st half because of committing 2 fouls in the 1sf 2 minutes of the game. Worst game of the season. The fun continues on Sat night... Hope that they crush 'Nova.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom