Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The D was horrible in large stretches with men wide open. If we had guys in their faces I don’t think they shoot anywhere close to the insane r% they were shooting 3s. I’d let the 7 footer shoot 2s all day long rather than give up the perimeter 3. They are killers and they killed is. We put 40 in the paint and got murdered precisely because Creighton defended the 3 over the interior.

Reaction Score
Isn't Ighodaro supposed to be an NBA prospect? Or do you consider him a 4?
Ighodaro is definitely a center in the college game, But he is not a guy that will post you up or back you down with power. Kalkbrenner has good metrics when posting up. Having said that, I think UConn got too concerned with doubling him and it made the rest of the defense scramble and lose the other shooters way too easily. In the first game at Gampel, they didn't double Kalkbrenner at all, even when Samson was guarding him. Their defense was impeccable as far as their rotations and their recovery.

Creighton is a very good team that now has a 7-2 record against UConn, but I would welcome a rubber match in the BET. And no I didn't fear playing them last year in the NCAAT final either-I think UConn would've beaten them with the out of conference officiating. In fact I thought UConn should have won last year in Omaha. This year, not so much. Creighton played well and deserved the victory.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That version of Creighton was very good. I hope we learned something from it. We’ll run into hot shooting teams going forward, and we need to be better.
I feel like both teams played a C game in Storrs and we won by 14 and were up by much more throughout the game. We played F————— and they played A+++++++ in Omaha. I would love to see this team throw more times

Reaction Score
According to the roster, he's only 5 lbs lighter than Karaban, weighing in at 215. The reason why I like him potentially as a small ball 5 is how active he is defensively. He has surprising lateral quickness and has shown good rebounding instincts in the scant minutes he's had.

I'm not saying it would be a certain success, but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen for a short spell in a runaway.
At this point in the season this simply is not an option.

Reaction Score
The D was horrible in large stretches with men wide open. If we had guys in their faces I don’t think they shoot anywhere close to the insane r% they were shooting 3s. I’d let the 7 footer shoot 2s all day long rather than give up the perimeter 3. They are killers and they killed is. We put 40 in the paint and got murdered precisely because Creighton defended the 3 over the interior.
They took Spenser and Karajan out of the game and said beat us inside. Kalkbrenner is big enough to cause problems for Clingan. He can’t totally dominate like he does with other bigs.

Reaction Score
They took Spenser and Karajan out of the game and said beat us inside. Kalkbrenner is big enough to cause problems for Clingan. He can’t totally dominate like he does with other bigs.
Yup, true. I think they found some magic in really penetrating quickly when we made our mini run. We sped up the game with more conversions and disrupted flow with the press. Where it broke down was failing to convert over several key possessions around the 5 min mark, and then they wilted.

Reaction Score
Apostolos came to our program from professional team PAOK THESSALONIKIS (The team that Tyler Polley played for last year). I don't know if he's good at 4,5,3 or 2. He knows our coaching staff a lot better. He is quite tall, strong in defense and a very good three-point shooter. I want to see him with more time.

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Just felt like importing some "wisdom" for Hurley.

Danny, PLEASE recruit shooters every year & get at least one three-point sharpshooter on every team as you face this uncertain recruiting NIL professional hoops format. Just give them cash (no rules today I can see). Need a sharpshooter.

I'm not saying a shooter could've helped UConn win against Creighton at their place, but I have only seen Hurley bring in ONE great outside shooter thus far in his tenure at Storrs - Jordan Hawkins. Note: Polley was a practice shooter, never hitting in games but 1-2 games per year - a waste!

Gotta check that 'shooter' box off every year to consistently win, Hurley.

Right now, there's not a guy on the team who could hit more than two three's in a row. Not One!

Change your recruiting strategy, Danny! SHARPSHOOTERS! And run some plays for them. Spencer rarely gets open outside looks because you don't call plays for him. He's our best shooter.

What makes THIS team is how well they play together every game. They are the best at playing team basketball.

But the name of the game is to put the ball in the hoop. A guy like Stewart has future promise - but not as a shooter. Ross is the shooter they need, but he wasn't ready physically for UConn or the Big East hoops. SHOOTERS DANNY!!!

Father Demo

PS: Develop your centers. Though injured most of this year, He's HUGE, but Clingan is regressing. He has no post moves & makes the same mistakes. Johnson is a once a game highlight dunker with ZERO court awareness or hoops skills. Never improves. His rebounding?.... Develop these assets, Danny!

Reaction Score
Hurley loves this stuff. Plays into his bad boy image. He is a bit of a jerk. But then so were a lot of good coaches. Bob Knight comes immediately to mind. Calipari is another. Pitino. Different ways but equally jerky (for lack of a term that won’t be edited out). . Some of it might be an act to take pressure off his team. I don’t love getting into it with opposing fans regardless. He ought to be above that.
I understood that it what Hurley said that the team will “kill them ,” in a game maybe at MSG.at the BE.

Reaction Score
Samson played well against Marquette. If you’re making lineup decisions based on last night then you’re benching Karaban and Spencer because they were both awful.

“Unplayable.” Some of you are such drama queens.

No he didn't play well versus Marquette. I don't think we watched the same game dude.

He fouled out in 15 minutes and had 3 TOs, 1 rebound. That's absolutely terrible at the things we need him to do. 13 fouls, 8 TOs and 2.7 rebounds per 40 from a big is abysmal. It might be his worst game of the season.

The 6 points don't make up being awful at everything else that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom