Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not saying right or wrong, but the last couple months it’s seemed almost like a relief to get wins. We played tremendous against Marquette. But we know with this team a stinker can be right around the corner. Beating Marquette by 15 and scoring 87, then coming to Creighton, putting on a poor performance and scoring 53 is what is the bummer.

Of course people have more to say when we lose. When we win it’s high 5s then we wait for @Storrs South to put out the highlights to bask in the win again. Losses are often more telling than wins anyways.
That's fair, but it's pretty telling when those people only show up after losses. I can respect posters like you who will show up win or lose and express their doubts. But for at least 50% of the posters in this thread they're not even bothering to turn on the game and watch

Reaction Score
6th in the conference with this talent is simply unnaceptable. This year is now officially a step back. There's still time to make amends but at this point last years team was having a much better year. head to head game tomorrow at this point in the year and last years team wins imo.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
At one point Creighton grew a 6 point lead without hitting a FG. I think we missed shots on 6-7 possessions in a row during that stretch. It was the time to take control and we just didn't.

Creighton was only able to score 9 over that next 10 minute stretch until Kalk's 2 free throws when we had to foul. That team was spent, and Hurley let them off the mat.

For most top tier D1 coaches, the game would be OVER in that situation, and they would cruise to a 10 point win. Hurley burned the clock on himself and then blew it at the end.

Reaction Score
In a wonderful irony, the people disliking my post are the octegenarians who only come out after losses. Maybe septegenarians if they know how to work the like button.

It's always funny, because half of these guys don't even know how to reply to comments or quote someone.
It’s got nothing to do with age. You rolled around multiple threads trashing anyone who questioned aspects of Jackson’s game. No one personally attacked him or didn’t recognize what he can bring to the table, just pointed out that he gets way too long a leash. The flaws were all on display today unfortunately. No need for you to act now like we’re all AARP members because you don’t agree

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It’s very simple now. Hurley benches jackson moving forward, or they will exit any post season tournament they are in very early.

So it’s in court Hurley to make the decision.

Hot takes like this are what make the Boneyard such a special place.

Reaction Score
In a wonderful irony, the people disliking my post are the octegenarians who only come out after losses. Maybe septegenarians if they know how to work the like button.

It's always funny, because half of these guys don't even know how to reply to comments or quote someone.
I thought that you said that you were "not bothering with this thread"....

Reaction Score
I mean if you want to compare today against marquette( and it’s not a fair comparison game plan wise) but here is the difference Newton and Hawkins sucked.
Matchup dependent. Those guys had a lot of space to operate against Marquette and it was a home game.

Creighton is a really good defensive team and they blanketed Hawkins and Newton on the perimeter and Kalkbrenner took away drives to the basket. This was made easy because Jackson was either with the ball out past the three point line at the top with nobody within 12 feet of him or at the three point line in the corners with nobody within 12 feet of him.

Reaction Score
I’ve read Hurley lost the game. I’ve read Jackson lost the game. I’ve read Newton lost the game. I’ve read the refs lost us the game.

I think Hawkins lost the game. He should have known that he wears a size 13 sneaker and not a size 11 sneaker. If he had that awareness, we may be talking about a UConn win. /s
I looked up Hawk’s stats in road games vs the top 4 league teams. In those games vs Marquette, PC, X and Creighton he is a combined 13-44 (29%) from the floor including 6-23 (26%) from 3 and a total of 45 points. For a player of his caliber/NBA first rounder that is atrocious. He has anything close to a “normal” game and we probably win 3 of those 4 at least. He’s our best offensive player and has consistently come up way short in big road games

Reaction Score
To be fair lots of people were hot and scoring at will against Marquette. No need for AJ to shoot. Today our shooting was way off. He needed to shoot more. But if he is going to shoot do it with confidence.
True, I know that level of shooting isnt going to consistently happen. However, isnt there a part of you thinking just maybe having to guard 5 qualified shooters (without AJAX on the floor) is giving people openings to take better shots and thus make more ie "get hot"? I mean, that's what it looked like to me. I was at the game Tuesday. Marquette really had no answers defensively. Especially with Alleyne hitting.

Reaction Score
What a fun game to watch. That was a good one

Feels like we did everything right. Won the boards, crushed the offensive boards, got a few starters into foul trouble, won the 50/50 balls, and won the marquee individual matchup. Just missed too many shots that we should have made

Adama has gotten a lot of heat this season, but it’s amazing how he can go toe to toe with the BE DPOY, against a defense that is solely designed to stop him, and still destroy that matchup. He’s a special player even though his FG% wasn’t great

Andre played into Creighton’s hands on offense. 3-11 shooting including 0-4 on threes, including several shots down the stretch that weren’t really close. Not sure what he was thinking on that final play

We’re a couple inches away from being in OT right now. Tough game for everyone not named Sanogo. Overall, I don’t feel horrible. That was a great game. Gotta win out from here to put ourselves in a good position in March, let’s get it!
Brownie participation points are not what this program should be about. Good job good effort, my arse. Dre' is a problem that needs to be sorted out right now. We're playing 4 on 5 on offense when he's out there. Hurley has to figure it out cause this ain't getting it.

Reaction Score
That's fair, but it's pretty telling when those people only show up after losses. I can respect posters like you who will show up win or lose and express their doubts. But for at least 50% of the posters in this thread they're not even bothering to turn on the game and watch
I agree with that. And I even know i’m pretty negative overall, but I think that’s coming from where we were at when we were 14-0. I was fully in the “This team is absolutely unstoppable when we are clicking” camp. Now it’s a shame to see us click like 1 out of every 3 games, or for short periods in said games. We just have too many faults to expect to be back to where we were. A lot of these faults are somewhat fixable, but it doesn’t seem to be happening.

Obviously it’s been beat to death in this thread and for the last number of weeks, but Hurley’s loyalty to Jackson just straight up loses us games. And I love the kid. I love his drive, effort, defense (most of the time) and his passion. But that only gets you so far. When your shooting, boneheaded plays and turnovers are the difference between winning and losing, that’s when there needs to be a change. When he came back early in the year he was an energizer bunny against 2nd units and tired 1st units, and we were killing it. There’s no reason to not try that out again. If not, I foresee a similar ending to this season as the last two.

Reaction Score
What a fun game to watch. That was a good one

Feels like we did everything right. Won the boards, crushed the offensive boards, got a few starters into foul trouble, won the 50/50 balls, and won the marquee individual matchup. Just missed too many shots that we should have made

Adama has gotten a lot of heat this season, but it’s amazing how he can go toe to toe with the BE DPOY, against a defense that is solely designed to stop him, and still destroy that matchup. He’s a special player even though his FG% wasn’t great

Andre played into Creighton’s hands on offense. 3-11 shooting including 0-4 on threes, including several shots down the stretch that weren’t really close. Not sure what he was thinking on that final play

We’re a couple inches away from being in OT right now. Tough game for everyone not named Sanogo. Overall, I don’t feel horrible. That was a great game. Gotta win out from here to put ourselves in a good position in March, let’s get it!
Question
Do you know anything about college bb?
No it was another poorly coached game
Just another game in the last five min Hurley has no clue against other conference coaches
Has no ability to make adjustments
Nice guy but nice guys finish last
We are one and done in the tournament!!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Something everyone seems to be missing when they point to a single player:

UConn shot attempts: 65
UConn offensive rebounds: 18
Creighton shot attempts: 48
Creighton offensive rebounds: 8

When you're getting that many 2nd chance opportunities, it's no longer about who's clogging the lane. And still, UConn converted less than 40% of those.

Reaction Score
Brownie participation points are not what this program should be about. Good job good effort, my arse. Dre' is a problem that needs to be sorted out right now. We're playing 4 on 5 on offense when he's out there. Hurley has to figure it out cause this ain't getting it.
I enjoyed watching the game as a basketball fan, it was a good game

Reaction Score

Oh, the irony…no one hands out more dislikes than you, fanboy.

Reaction Score
Soooo the difference in the game was that god awful call where Kalk had BOTH feet in the restricted area and Sanogo should’ve had an and-one. Am I missing something here? Seemed clear as day. Regardless Sanogo still thoroughly outplayed him, but sadly got neutralized when they could just pack the paint by not guarding Andre - that has to change
No, it was a correct call. We lost because we had 2 hot dog possessions where we could have had 2’ shots and never even got shots off. Happens almost every game.

Reaction Score
Under 8 timeout, tied at 46. Creighton is exhausted. Every sign points to us wearing them down and winning the game. How is it possible that we only score 7 points the rest of the way and lose? I have a hard time accepting the result, especially since we always seem to lose these types of games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Today was a train wreck of a loss because UConn should have won the game and Hurley blew it. I don't have a problem with casual fans venting about this game. Using Marquette as a comparison just makes this loss look worse. UConn is good enough to stomp on Marquette but gags away a game today that it should have won by 10 points.

Reaction Score
Like your take REB….9 games ago, I said they go 8-1 to close the season…..they have time to figure out the AJ situation and pretty sure he will be limiting his shots the rest of the way. Still have to love the Marquette performance and think they finish the season 5-0….building confidence and they will be be ready for the BE tournament….still optimistic after Marquette game and their defensive showing today.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Under 8 timeout, tied at 46. Creighton is exhausted. Every sign points to us wearing them down and winning the game. How is it possible that we only score 7 points the rest of the way and lose? I have a hard time accepting the result, especially since we always seem to lose these types of games.

You can back up over 2 minutes for the stretch of time where UConn only scored 7 points. How the heck did that game just happen?

Reaction Score
Today was a train wreck of a loss because UConn should have won the game and Hurley blew it. I don't have a problem with casual fans venting about this game. Using Marquette as a comparison just makes this loss look worse. UConn is good enough to stomp on Marquette but gags away a game today that it should have won by 10 points.
I totally agree this loss was on Hurley and not getting the right players out there on offense when it was bogging down in the second half. Jackson needed the hook earlier and Newton too if he wasn't going to push the pace.

Reaction Score
Thankfully we don’t play any away games in the BET or March madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member