Creighton has our number | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Creighton has our number

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was quoting your comment which I was assuming about last nights game. But for 2/3 games, yes. Says we’re almost there. We’re a young team with some talent gaps. Not worried about it. The improvement this team has been making is great
We are very good and, depending on matchups, I have high hopes for the NCAA tournament.

But our lack of experience shows at times. People don’t hand these games to you. You have to take them. And that’s exactly what Creighton did to us. Again.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about the OP, I kinda share his thoughts . I'm talking about the "detractors" and haters that have responded in this thread and others

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We are very good and, depending on matchups, I have high hopes for the tournament.

But our lack of experience shows at times. People don’t hand these games to you. You have to take them. And that’s exactly what Creighton did to us. Again.
Going forward we’ll be more experienced we’ll have talent coming off of the bench. The bench has been our issue the entire year

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about the OP, I kinda share his thoughts. I'm talking about the "detractors" and haters that have responded in this thread and others
Oh, I think the OP is an ass.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about the OP, I kinda share his thoughts. I'm talking about the "detractors" and haters that have responded in this thread and others
They’ve been like this for year. If you notice some of the OP for the other threads only come out when we lose. I thought they were Ollie haters but they seems to be coming from the women’s and football boards or trolls

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
They may well lose early. That doesn’t change the fact that they own us.

It’s always about matchups. I think Georgetown is 9-2 over its last 11 games but its two losses are to us.

Would have been nice to see them again tomorrow, but unfortunately a team that owns us like that beat us again tonight.
Not quite the same thing. We can meet with Creighton but just haven’t gotten over the top. We’d be Georgetown comfortably.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It didn’t seem like Bouk was full strength tonight. Idk something seemed off.

Mahoney is what was off. Mahoney is a very good defender, quick enough to guard Bouk, but bigger and stronger. Bouk did a good job getting the ball to others early and rebounding.

People saying Jefferson had a good game? He was 3/12 when he was shooting those late FTs. Martin did to him what Mahoney did to Bouk. Polley couldn’t guard him. Martin‘s missing jump shot kills us because we play Polley too much as a result and our D and rebounding suffer.

Cole had a bad night shooting the ball. Zegs is just better. Gaffney also couldn’t shoot and struggled on defense. We played way too slow for much of the first half.

We have said it before, when our jump shots fall, we are hard to beat. If you have to guard us outside Sanogo will score at will.

Reaction Score
They are an older team who have been playing together for years. 3 of our starters weren’t here last year. Makes a big difference in crunch time.

Reaction Score
how far does creighton have to make it before you stop reciting this? sweet 16 should do it since finishing in 2nd place in the BE wasnt enough...
Considering they haven't made the Sweet 16 since 1974, yeah probably.
so how good is creighton now?

Reaction Score
so how good is creighton now?
They have Zegarowski a tough savvy kid and they’re good, but we thought Maryland was great and look what Bama is doing to them. Better matchup I guess.

Reaction Score
I thought Maryland sucks and still think they suck.
Well then what does that make us? A heck of a lot worse than most of this board thought all year which was a top 25 team, sort of.

Reaction Score
Well then what does that make us? A heck of a lot worse than most of this board thought all year which was a top 25 team, sort of.
That's what I don't understand about this Board. Its like every team sucks but us. Or no one can beat us but ourselves. Meanwhile while we remain legends in our own mind, those sucky teams are still playing for a Championship. We were never a top 20 team, in any of the polls.

Villanova and Creighton beat us and are in the Sweet 16. They clearly were better than we were and now have post season successes to go along with the scoreboard to prove it.

If Maryland sucks then we must suck a hell of a lot more, unless we want to make excuses or play the 'what ifs'. Perhaps its me, but I have no problem admitting that Maryland does not suck, because a team that sucks will never beat us, no matter how bad we play.

Reaction Score
UConn held Maryland to 63 points and they careered it from the field. Scoring 54 points and shooting like Helen Keller on 22 more attempts is just plain bad. Being at the game and looking at stats it’s the definition of beating yourself.

Reaction Score
A team with no real identity/lost it's identity that plays to what other teams want to do instead of dictating the terms. UConn never should have lost to Maryland. UConn had the superstar player and the better athletes and yet they walked the ball up the court most of the game and clanged shots in the halfcourt. Hurley went into that game worried about matchups and it showed, UConn should be the ones instilling fear in the other team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A team with no real identity/lost it's identity that plays to what other teams want to do instead of dictating the terms. UConn never should have lost to Maryland. UConn had the superstar player and the better athletes and yet they walked the ball up the court most of the game and clanged shots in the halfcourt. Hurley went into that game worried about matchups and it showed, UConn should be the ones instilling fear in the other team.
When I read all those quotes from Hurley praising UMD's players, coaching and experience and explaining about the match-ups he feared and for which he had no answer or game plan whatsoever, all I could think about was when they asked Calhoun and Khalid about how they would deal with the '99 Duke match-up, especially Elton Brand, and both responded to the effect that Duke should be concerned about matching up with us.

And obviously they had a plan for Brand.

Reaction Score
When I read all those quotes from Hurley praising UMD's players, coaching and experience and explaining about the match-ups he feared and for which he had no answer or game plan whatsoever, all I could think about was when they asked Calhoun and Khalid about how they would deal with the '99 Duke match-up, especially Elton Brand, and both responded to the effect that Duke should be concerned about matching up with us.

And obviously they had a plan for Brand.
I don't like this but I agree, we should have an agree button.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't like this but I agree, we should have an agree button.
tumblr_o8hez0qD4o1utcm9wo1_250.gifv

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom