Credit to Spanos | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Credit to Spanos

Reaction Score
In less than a month the team has gone from aimlessly existing on a playing surface to a team with an identity. Much of that credit should go to Spanos for reorganizing his staff and that flowing down to the depth chart and on field performance.

Still don't think Spanos gets job as HC but he has done well showing what he would look like as a long term solution for someone.
We’re so eager for success, the slightest glimmer and that person is a saint. I’m rooting for Spanos. He’s clearly had an impact, or maybe it is just the departure of RE.
In either case, like the trajectory, and will root for Spanos to have success. I’ll also hope Benedict does his thing and brings in the coach he thinks will get UConn into a Top 50 program. If it’s Spanos after that process ok. But it’s the coach and his staff that matters.

Reaction Score
We’re so eager for success, the slightest glimmer and that person is a saint. I’m rooting for Spanos. He’s clearly had an impact, or maybe it is just the departure of RE.
In either case, like the trajectory, and will root for Spanos to have success. I’ll also hope Benedict does his thing and brings in the coach he thinks will get UConn into a Top 50 program. If it’s Spanos after that process ok. But it’s the coach and his staff that matters.
I think this controlled experiment confirms that coaching matters a lot more than many realize. Players play the game, but getting the right players on the field with the right mental preparation and attitude is so important. Coach Edsall’s mantra was “just to your job”. Coach Spano’s mantra is go out there have fun, make plays and play for each other. It’s about backing your teammates versus doing your assigned job as scripted. Kids are flying around for the first time in a long time trying to make it happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom