Craig Smoak | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Craig Smoak

Reaction Score
These detractors are carrying water for themselves and others that they favor. Some want the 4 corners so badly that they see an early entry of UConn messing with that. Others want SDSU because it’s a nice destination. Then you have Memphis, SMU and possibly Tulane trying to pry their way in. Right now the rule is if any one gets a seat then it’s one less for everybody else. So the knives are out.
Agreed. The message has to be simple and direct. My post on the other thread:

Yeah, but he wastes way too much time before getting to football. And the basketball msg needs to be simplified. Last quarter century 5 Natty's, no one else comes close. Women have 11 and would have had more had it not been for injuries. The Rent is where it is to be close to where the people are. It was built for expansion. List all the P5's UConn has beaten. Tell em what you told em. Conclude. Full stop. Less than 5 minutes. The problem with commentators is that they are paid to talk. A lot of talking is not what is needed. Keep it simple stupid.

Oh and for reference, I do have some experience running a trade association. So I am not talking out of my back side.

Reaction Score
Who complains about going to Newport? Yeah the drive getting there is a PITA, but it's not like they were holding media day in the ghetto or a trailer park or something.
I was stunned.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do agreee, but the bias is out there and its needs to be stopped, becuase your everyday lazy fan listen’s to this garbage and reality is lost.
I guess, the question is why? Is it because it hurts our feelings? Is it because we want to change the public narrative? I don't know that we can address every idiot poster on every big 12 board. I do think that there is some utility in commenting to the bigger players. I see zero utility in calling people "hayseeds" or questioning their sophistication or refinement. I think that is the worst of UConn Twitter.

On the other hand, if someone with a smattering a Ave following says that Connecticut will need to upgrade their facilities, posting a link to our facilities might have some value.

Most of the stuff is just noise from idiots. It's not worth trying to address. There's zero point in being drawn into a mudslinging contest.

JMO

CL82

Reaction Score
Agreed. The message has to be simple and direct. My post on the other thread:

Yeah, but he wastes way too much time before getting to football. And the basketball msg needs to be simplified. Last quarter century 5 Natty's, no one else comes close. Women have 11 and would have had more had it not been for injuries. The Rent is where it is to be close to where the people are. It was built for expansion. List all the P5's UConn has beaten. Tell em what you told em. Conclude. Full stop. Less than 5 minutes. The problem with commentators is that they are paid to talk. A lot of talking is not what is needed. Keep it simple stupid.

Oh and for reference, I do have some experience running a trade association. So I am not talking out of my back side.
So, do you want to work up a fax sheet? If you do, and circulate it to me, I'm happy to kibitz on it. After it is good to go you can post it on the board. I would make it no more than 10 distinct points.

Reaction Score
I guess, the question is why? Is it because it hurts our feelings? Is it because we want to change the public narrative? I don't know that we can address every idiot poster on every big 12 board. I do think that there is some utility in commenting to the bigger players. I see zero utility in calling people "hayseeds" or questioning their sophistication or refinement. I think that is the worst of UConn Twitter.

On the other hand, if someone with a smattering a Ave following says that Connecticut will need to upgrade their facilities, posting a link to our facilities might have some value.

Most of the stuff is just noise from idiots. It's not worth trying to address. There's zero point in being drawn into a mudslinging contest.

JMO

Maybe the tweet about the Social Content position will address some of it.

IMO you want to get in front of the false propaganda, otherwise it becomes entrenched and people see it fact. I think this has already happened and it can hurt our chances.

CL82

Reaction Score
Maybe the tweet about the Social Content position will address some of it.

IMO you want to get in front of the false propaganda, otherwise it becomes entrenched and people see it fact. I think this has already happened and it can hurt our chances.
I hear you, but you have to pick and choose your battles otherwise you were swatting at gnats constantly with very little to show for it.

Reaction Score
No we need pro UConn journalists as part of independent media to help tell the UConn story in order keep the school from being defined by chicken finger eating rednecks in southern shitholes.

Reaction Score
So I also posted on the sicem365 board and I haven't got a response yet. That also happened to jostar1. Interesting.

Reaction Score
So I also posted on the sicem365 board and I haven't got a response yet. That also happened to jostar1. Interesting.
Yeah, there was no response to my post, but it did get four stars (equivalent to likes). I read your post and I think it's good. Similar to mine, just give facts. No sense being a jerk when posting on another message board.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

JMO
Tremendous about of noise from idiots. Everyone seems to have a camera stand and a mic these days.

Reaction Score
Here is an example. This is a comment to the video:

Vorlon Angel 1811

22 hours ago
Based on what I heard in this video regarding UCONN's deficit, it sounds like the only value UCONN brings to the B12 is a big DEBT. Does that sound about right?

Reaction Score
Here is an example. This is a comment to the video:

Vorlon Angel 1811

22 hours ago
Based on what I heard in this video regarding UCONN's deficit, it sounds like the only value UCONN brings to the B12 is a big DEBT. Does that sound about right?

OMG- this is exactly the problem. There is no deficit. It’s called investing more than any other non-P5 in the country without a huge media share. GD morons spinning disingenuous nonsense.

CL82

Reaction Score
I thought someone had to say it. But happy to accept that I was wrong.
No no, you were right. Thank you for taking one for the team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing we need to understand is that Smoak has no say in what ends up happening here. None of the twitterati do and even if we had a fantastic twitter campaign setting the record straight, it would not find it's way to most who will decide and of those it would reach, I doubt they'll change their decision because of a twitter campaign.

Reaction Score
UConn is the state flagship of a small state in New England. I don't know how people in the south or west view New England but I'm sure it includes foliage, Ivy, and prep schools. West Point is one of the greatest places to watch a football game but Army is never mentioned. It's just a perception thing. No one outside the northeast cares about SU or BCU either. I'll bet part of the problem is they figure what, let a New England program in they start kicking our arses too? No way.

UConn is good in basketball which they don't want because they won't be able to beat us. UConn hasn't been good in football which they don't want because they don't think we bring value. I am confident though that the decision makers know each other very well and don't read all the bovine-scatology out there.

Reaction Score
UConn is the state flagship of a small state in New England. I don't know how people in the south or west view New England but I'm sure it includes foliage, Ivy, and prep schools. West Point is one of the greatest places to watch a football game but Army is never mentioned. It's just a perception thing. No one outside the northeast cares about SU or BCU either. I'll bet part of the problem is they figure what, let a New England program in they start kicking our arses too? No way.

UConn is good in basketball which they don't want because they won't be able to beat us. UConn hasn't been good in football which they don't want because they don't think we bring value. I am confident though that the decision makers know each other very well and don't read all the bovine-scatology out there.

If we had more fried food, illiteracy and teen pregnancy they would take us more seriously.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom