Craig Smoak | The Boneyard

Craig Smoak

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts when Craig Smoak, a Baylor supporting commentator, starts bad mouthing UConn Football and Rentachler Field? Is he not aware that in the last 15 years Baylor has lost TWICE to UConn??? And that after the first game at the Rent, Heisman winner Robert Griffin III was widely quoted as saying the Rentachler was the loudest stadium he had ever played in? The ignorance of these know it all jerks is mind-blowing. You would think that a school that was 0-2 against UConn would be a bit more humble.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I don’t think Craig Smoak, whatever that is, will have much say on whether we get into the B12 or not.

RG3 comments, on top of Baylor’s AD shooting down Tramel’s hit piece, seems far more relevant to me than whatever “Smoak” said.

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts when Craig Smoak, a Baylor supporting commentator, starts bad mouthing UConn Football and Rentachler Field? Is he not aware that in the last 15 years Baylor has lost TWICE to UConn??? And that after the first game at the Rent, Heisman winner Robert Griffin III was widely quoted as saying the Rentachler was the loudest stadium he had ever played in? The ignorance of these know it all jerks is mind-blowing. You would think that a school that was 0-2 against UConn would be a bit more humble.
How much credence can you give a guy that doesn't know how to spell smoke?

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts when Craig Smoak, a Baylor supporting commentator, starts bad mouthing UConn Football and Rentachler Field?
Got a link to the comments/dialogue/interview?

Reaction Score
Sorry, I thought everyone had read this offline. And I guess it was Paul Catalina who was trashing the Rent. The older guy in the center who is moderating is David Smoak the father of Craig.

Reaction Score
I don't do Twitter, but someone should educate @CraigSmoak.

Reaction Score
Worse than the criticism of the Rent is the criticism of the athletic dept. deficit. Of course, we're going to have a deficit when we're running an athletic dept like a P5 school while getting G5 money.

The fans on the Baylor board on Sic'Em aren't too bad. Some are in favor of us being added. I registered on their board and posted. I put a link to the YouTube video of Burton, and added Robert Griffin III's quote about playing at Rentschler. Call me Rutgers Al, but someone has to change the narrative. The misinformation out there is sickening.

Reaction Score
Again. Caution on all media members. They live in a narrow world view in college football. They don’t know a thing about UConn or its athletics and don’t want to travel to Connecticut because they have some pre conceived notion of how the population will act.

Reaction Score
Worse than the criticism of the Rent is the criticism of the athletic dept. deficit. Of course, we're going to have a deficit when we're running an athletic dept like a P5 school while getting G5 money.

The fans on the Baylor board on Sic'Em aren't too bad. Some are in favor of us being added. I registered on their board and posted. I put a link to the YouTube video of Burton, and added Robert Griffin III's quote about playing at Rentschler. Call me Rutgers Al, but someone has to change the narrative. The misinformation out there is sickening.
I hope that you pointed out that UConn are 2-0 against them.

Reaction Score
I hope that you pointed out that UConn are 2-0 against them.
No I didn't. I included a few other things, though. I kind of wonder if I should have even bothered to post. The narrative about the Rent, not investing in football, the deficit because the athletic dept. is poor at handling money, and UConn gave up on football, is so widespread that it's hopeless to try to change it. People just keep repeating it with no knowledge.

Reaction Score
No I didn't. I included a few other things, though. I kind of wonder if I should have even bothered to post. The narrative about the Rent, not investing in football, the deficit because the athletic dept. is poor at handling money, and UConn gave up on football, is so widespread that it's hopeless to try to change it. People just keep repeating it with no knowledge.
This is exactly why UConn, Benedict, and Mora need to get out in front of it. Do shows with these morons. I know that many of these guys are pissants, but that should make it easy to set them straight.

Reaction Score
Again. Caution on all media members. They live in a narrow world view in college football. They don’t know a thing about UConn or its athletics and don’t want to travel to Connecticut because they have some pre conceived notion of how the population will act.
I’ve always appreciated your stuff,John. Having a negative view of UConn just seems too easy and lazy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is exactly why UConn, Benedict, and Mora need to get out in front of it. Do shows with these morons. I know that many of these guys are pissants, but that should make it easy to set them straight.
I'm sure they've given Yormark all the information he needs. I don't know that they need to talk to every idiot with a Web show. They are just Smoak in the wind.

Reaction Score
Maybe they are worried Jim Mora’s dbs will shut down their offense and UConn’s OLine will punch them in the mouth. I know that probably is delusional but one can dream, right?

Reaction Score
You think it’s easy to change people’s uninformed opinions on things? have you paid any attention to American politics the last decade?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You think it’s easy to change people’s uninformed opinions on things? have you paid any attention to American politics the last decade?
They don't even need to look that far BL. A few minutes on the men's basketball section of this board will do the trick.

Reaction Score
I’ve always appreciated your stuff,John. Having a negative view of UConn just seems too easy and lazy.
When the AAC was still in Rhode Island…southern members of the league complained about going to Newport for football media day and the golf and clambake.

Think about that.

College Football media cut different. The longer a journalist stays in the role, they become more parochial.

Lost a lot of respect for a lot of people over the Louisville Vs. UConn ACC fiasco.

We know the names, they were shills for Louisville and worked to get public opinion for Louisville because they enjoyed going there more than CT. They liked the pageantry.

I was like…it isnt my job to sell UConn? I just report what happens. But there were a lot of national media that wrote Valentine’s about Louisville .

Reaction Score
When the AAC was still in Rhode Island…southern members of the league complained about going to Newport for football media day and the golf and clambake.

Think about that.

College Football media cut different. The longer a journalist stays in the role, they become more parochial.

Lost a lot of respect for a lot of people over the Louisville Vs. UConn ACC fiasco.

We know the names, they were shills for Louisville and worked to get public opinion for Louisville because they enjoyed going there more than CT. They liked the pageantry.

I was like…it isnt my job to sell UConn? I just report what happens. But there were a lot of national media that wrote Valentine’s about Louisville .
Who complains about going to Newport? Yeah the drive getting there is a PITA, but it's not like they were holding media day in the ghetto or a trailer park or something.

Reaction Score
I'm sure they've given Yormark all the information he needs. I don't know that they need to talk to every idiot with a Web show. They are just Smoak in the wind.

I do agreee, but the bias is out there and its needs to be stopped, becuase your everyday lazy fan listen’s to this garbage and reality is lost.

Reaction Score
I do agreee, but the bias is out there and its needs to be stopped, becuase your everyday lazy fan listen’s to this garbage and reality is lost.

UConn needs its own Smoaks.

Reaction Score
These detractors are carrying water for themselves and others that they favor. Some want the 4 corners so badly that they see an early entry of UConn messing with that. Others want SDSU because it’s a nice destination. Then you have Memphis, SMU and possibly Tulane trying to pry their way in. Right now the rule is if any one gets a seat then it’s one less for everybody else. So the knives are out.

Reaction Score
PS - right now we are losing the info war and DB needs a media proxy strategy badly. We can’t rest on our NC laurels. Need Mora, Geno, Hurley hitting the non local media circuit in a big way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Someone needs to send Smoak RGIII's comments on UConn and the Rent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member